Bryan Murray Appreciation Thread

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I could see if he made some moves or deals to help the team this year but he hasn't done a lot, other GM's made great strides this year with big moves. I feel bad he is sick but that does not mean he is the best GM this year

BM made absolutely massive moves this season to help the team. He did not trade Condra. He kept Hoffman up to avoid sending him through waivers again. He did not trade away Zibanejad, or anyone else from the young core for that matter. He also signed Methot, Andy, and MacArthur.

As a result of these moves we are heading into the playoffs with a lineup that includes Zibanejad, Stone, Hoffman, Methot, Anderson, MacArthur, and Condra.

GM of the year for sure.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
LOL.

wherethisthreadgoing.jpg

Completely off topic but I think that storm was hurricane Juan. At least that is what their internet said back in 2003.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
GM of the year? We did nothing

I certainly agree that there is value to holding tight and keeping focus on what you have but I would definitely argue that a "X of the year" ought to go to someone who was proactive

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
GM of the year? We did nothing

I certainly agree that there is value to holding tight and keeping focus on what you have but I would definitely argue that a "X of the year" ought to go to someone who made moves

Like re-signing Marc Methot, Bobby Ryan, Craig Anderson, Clarke MacArthur, Mark Borowiecki, Robin Lehner, Eric Gryba and Milan Michalek, all in the span of a little over half a year? Those kinds of moves?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
He fired a coach who had won the Jack Adams 2 seasons ago to replace him with Dave Cameron - something most people thought was a terrible move demanded by Big Brother Melnyk? I don't remember if I took a side or not so I cold have been one of those people.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Firing MacLean was his best move. He thought the team should be able to make the playoffs, and the coaching change proved him he was right.

edit: DMST got there first.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Gee I didn't think of that...

If he could speak any French I'd be shocked... maybe a few words he picked up or a few simple phrases.

You're right about Shawville. Vast majority speak only English, small minority speak French, even smaller minority speak both.

The bilingualism is really low in Shawville - and I'm guessing when Murray grew up it was even lower.

I can't really find anything about it online but if Murray could speak a language besides English well enough to have a simple conversation... I would be really surprised.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Cal, Van and winterpeg all did what Murray did and more, never mind the islanders
What GM does not resign any players? And never mind the MM, Big rig, and Bobby R contracts, all Iffy at best.
The team he built got one coach fired and a bunch of guys had to be scratched and hurt in order for his scouting staff to save his but. I would hardly call that the best of anything.
If the NHL could find some way to give him a lifetime achievement award, that would be deserved and great and all, but his G.M skills are not tip top or worth honors I hate to say.

He seems like a nice man and it made me sad and sick when I saw him on the tv tonight, it's a shame he doesn't have much time left, it would be a great if the team could crank it up and give him one last fun ride. But it does not make him the best

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad