Bryan Murray Appreciation Thread

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
People may not agree with everything he does, but no one can deny how great of a hockey mind he has. I'd like to see him come back next year if he doesn't retire.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
LOL.

wherethisthreadgoing.jpg

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Looks like everyone not named Karlsson, Lehner or Spezza is available for trade. I think even the janitor is getting nervous.

Denny47

Dec 27, 2010
Ottawa
Looks like everyone not named Karlsson, Lehner or Spezza is available for trade. I think even the janitor is getting nervous.

Alfie??...:rant:, that could this turn into the Bryan Murray Sucks Thread

then again, if Alfie wants out...you HAVE to trade him :(

Carlton Orr*

I like what he has done, nearly half of the team will be somewhat new next season. It needed to be done. Well done Murray. Major culture change was needed in Ottawa, and it looks good so far.

Berserker*

Where the **** did this Murray come from and where has he been the last two years? Murray is ****ing killing these last few trades, if only he had been making trades this good when he started as the GM, imagine what could have been. Murray is on fire right now, and I hope he can work some magic and get some kind of good return for Kovalev and Kuba.

Billy Madison*

Melnyk is the reason people have not seen this Murray. The guy didn't forget what he was doing over night.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Where the **** did this Murray come from and where has he been the last two years? Murray is ****ing killing these last few trades, if only he had been making trades this good when he started as the GM, imagine what could have been. Murray is on fire right now, and I hope he can work some magic and get some kind of good return for Kovalev and Kuba.

He's selling off assets for picks, it doesn't take a genius to pull off these trades. Why do I feel sometimes HF is some bizarro world where trading quality players for potential is doing a good job, and bringing a team from Alpha Bull to Dumpster Baby status is applauded?

Worst team in the NHL, you go Murray! You guys think he will be nominated for GM of the year this season? He deserves it!

Berserker*

He's selling off assets for picks, it doesn't take a genius to pull off these trades. Why do I feel sometimes HF is some bizarro world where trading quality players for potential is doing a good job, and bringing a team from Alpha Bull to Dumpster Baby status is applauded?

Worst team in the NHL, you go Murray! You guys think he will be nominated for GM of the year this season? He deserves it!

Fair enough, all I was getting at was the fact that Murray really sucked at trades and made a lot of bad trades. At this point, I find it impressive that he is getting these kind of returns when he has a history of making pretty bad trades. I honestly expected him to **** up most of these trades.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Fair enough, all I was getting at was the fact that Murray really sucked at trades and made a lot of bad trades. At this point, I find it impressive that he is getting these kind of returns when he has a history of making pretty bad trades. I honestly expected him to **** up most of these trades.

Well I guess when you put it that way, it makes sense, I really have no complaints either with the trades hes made to sell off our assets either, they're good deals.

I just think it speaks volumes when a GM's best trait is being really really good at tearing down a team. :laugh:

This

That
Jul 31, 2010
Around.
Murray made a joke about tweeting to find a backup for tonight and Brennan asked if he could write that so Murray says "You can write whatever you want, Don, because you do anyway." Hilarious.

It wasn't only that either, I loved his comments on Ottawa being a goalie graveyard (of course he retracted the statement but it was funny nonetheless) Happy to see Murray giving the "media" a hard time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad