Confirmed with Link: Bryan little's contract to az with nathan smith for a 4th

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Wonder if this trade was no only for the Coyotes to take on bad contracts, but if Smith didn't want to sign in Winnipeg.

I think Smith gets traded again by Arizona though. Likely for two picks may that be a 1st or just two 2nds, similar to Adam Fox.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Wonder if this trade was no only for the Coyotes to take on bad contracts, but if Smith didn't want to sign in Winnipeg.

I think Smith gets traded again by Arizona though. Likely for two picks may that be a 1st or just two 2nds, similar to Adam Fox.
Not sure many GMs will see him close to a Fox level prospect?

Reactions: Mathil8

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Smith isn't going to be traded for an Adam Fox package, come on now. Smith is a FA in August, Fox when traded had another year till college free agency.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Always loved Bryan Little. Quiet, solid player who was underrated for his entire career.

I’d like to see him sign a one-day contract here when his current deal runs out and retire a Jet.

Thank you, Bryan.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Always loved Bryan Little. Quiet, solid player who was underrated for his entire career.

I’d like to see him sign a one-day contract here when his current deal runs out and retire a Jet.

Thank you, Bryan.
The way he handled the Laine , i don't want Little as my center, was unreal. I can tell you if i was Little i wouldn't have handled it like him , it would have been ugly.:laugh:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I always think of players who played for both the Coyotes, or as I like to say both Jets 1.0 and 2.0 which I call the meant-to-be-Jets club.

Little, Ladd, Burmistrov, Tkachuk (counting Atlanta), Eric Comrie, Olli Jokinen, Riley Nash, probably forgetting a few. I think I pretend the Jets never left so I can make up who we drafted or spent time in their prime career here.

Reactions: thereturn

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
My guess is he wanted to turn pro earlier and the Jets said no.

They said on broadcast the Jets had been trying to sign him since the last college offseason so I don't think that was it. I think he looked at the centres on the team and didn't want to play 4th line or the wing. Probably very similar to McBain.

SSC4me

Jun 7, 2021
The NHL has to re-visit this rule regarding college players. Perhaps any team who signs such a player, has to give a 5 or 6th pick to the team who drafted him.
I don't understand, and perhaps I can be enlightened, why all drafted players can't opt out of signing with the team that drafted them. The rule seems biased to me and completely disrespectful towards the purposes of the draft.
Yeah I'm mad about the Smith thing.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The NHL has to re-visit this rule regarding college players. Perhaps any team who signs such a player, has to give a 5 or 6th pick to the team who drafted him.
I don't understand, and perhaps I can be enlightened, why all drafted players can't opt out of signing with the team that drafted them. The rule seems biased to me and completely disrespectful towards the purposes of the draft.
Yeah I'm mad about the Smith thing.
They'd go back in the draft if they don't sign within two years. Adam Mascherin is a recent example.

Reactions: SSC4me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad