Confirmed with Link: Bryan little's contract to az with nathan smith for a 4th

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
This tells me they are selling. They save $4,750,000 in real money next year and $3,750,000 in 2023-24 with getting rid of Little's contract.

If the rationale to buy was to try & get a couple of home playoff dates to add some revenue, well, reducing expenses is maybe just as good.

Now I'm wondering if they are even going to be a cap team next year?

Reactions: Guardian17

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Yotes fan, here. Hoping for some help on a couple of things:

1. Any information been made public on the insurance status of Little’s contract? Is insurance picking up all of it? Or just a portion?

2. Scouting reports, predictions, or general thoughts or opinions on Nathan Smith?
Hello Bill Armstrong

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
This tells me they are selling. They save $4,750,000 in real money next year and $3,750,000 in 2023-24 with getting rid of Little's contract.

If the rationale to buy was to try & get a couple of home playoff dates to add some revenue, well, reducing expenses is maybe just as good.

they did it to get out of ltir.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Is the team paying Little's deal or is insurance?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Im oki with this move since Smith would not sign, and the Apelton move make even more sense

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not sure why people are bummed his contract is moved. Teams do this all the time with players that are done.

The org will likely bring him back to celebrate his tenure here at some point.

Not bummed at moving the contract. Bummed at paying to do so. I was looking forward to Smith.

This explains getting Apples back. Cost us a 4th. We got a higher 4th back.

Reactions: surixon

The Unknown Poster

Mar 21, 2014
I imagine insurance pays a contract for an injured player, no? So it likely wasn't cash that was an issue. But getting rid of it gives the Jets more flexibility as the cap space can accrue throughout the year. It means they see themselves competing for the playoffs in the next two years and want to be able to add at the deadline. So any thought of Wheeler or Scheif leaving, you can forget it. This is the team.

Sucks to lose Smith but if he wasnt going to sign here and Arizona took Little's contract, a 4th is pretty good.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
"We don't want you" chant if Smith ever plays the Jets at home???

God, we need to get over this. He was a college player that wasn't going to sign here. You don't need to wish him well, but he's so god damn insignificant that it isn't worth the energy to try to hate him for not wanting to sign here. Let him be insignificant elsewhere.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
God, we need to get over this. He was a college player that wasn't going to sign here. You don't need to wish him well, but he's so god damn insignificant that it isn't worth the energy to try to hate him for not wanting to sign here. Let him be insignificant elsewhere.
Never even heard of him. At first glance I thought it was Nate Schmidt lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad