Confirmed with Link: Bryan little's contract to az with nathan smith for a 4th

None

Feb 22, 2012
I'm sure someone with much more knowledge about these things will explain. I thought he was on LTIR and didn't count against the cap?

He didn't count against the cap, but his cap hit makes maneuvering dates and bringing players up and down from the AHL a little more complicated. It's not a huge deal to have just kept Little on the books.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I am happy for this trade mainly because I still don’t understand the voodoo salary cap ramifications of Little’s contract each year. What a headache trying to understand that lol.

Reactions: kanadalainen

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
Perhaps this has to do with Chipman/Ownerships willingness to pay salary for an injured player. Might be the hard cap from ownership so it gives Chevy more room to spend?

Sad that college players who haven’t stepped foot in an NHL game don’t even want to sign here. I can’t imagine having that much balls to refuse to sign with an NHL club.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I was hoping Little would retire as a Jet.

Oh well.
I wonder when Arizona lifts his 18 to the rafters :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm bummed about this as it really closes the book on Bryan Little - I was always still hoping he'd come back even though I knew it wasn't going to happen.

I'm also bummed about Nathan Smith - I really think he's going to be a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad