Injury Report: Bryan Little

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I’m confused by this response...

You think they are as fast as they were back then?

edit: let me clarify. 1. i am an oldtimer 2. Yep, they used to be on the same line 3. Also, they've lost a step or two since those days, so don't expect the same results if they play together again

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

edit: let me clarify. 1. i am an oldtimer 2. Yep, they used to be on the same line 3. Also, they've lost a step or two since those days, so don't expect the same results if they play together again

That has nothing to do with whether they used to play together or not. I never said anything with regards to their play or age.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Little is an 81 OVR 5.5 M per 4th line center with 3 years left on his contract in the year 2021/2022 in my "Be A Pro"-NHL 20 savegame as a Jets player. Realizing that scared me a bit to be honest.

For those who like these fantasy game things, this is what our roster looks like in my savegame - 100% decided by the AI since it is a Be A Pro savegame:

Ehlers 87 - myself 86 - Laine 89
Backstrom 88 - Scheifele 89 - Wheeler 85
Connor 84 - Domi 84 - Perreault 82
Vesalainen 84 - Little 81 - Saad 82

Dahlin 89 - Brodin 84
Morrissey 84 - Pionk 82
Nemeth 81 - Green 81

Hellebuyck 87/88
Khudobin who cares

Yes, we've been a Cup contender in every year since I joined the team and made the finals once but lost in Game 7 to Florida I think it was.

Reactions: hn777 and ps241

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Little is an 81 OVR 5.5 M per 4th line center with 3 years left on his contract in the year 2021/2022 in my "Be A Pro"-NHL 20 savegame as a Jets player. Realizing that scared me a bit to be honest.

For those who like these fantasy game things, this is what our roster looks like in my savegame - 100% decided by the AI since it is a Be A Pro savegame:

Dahlin 89 - Brodin 84
Morrissey 84 - Pionk 82
Nemeth 81 - Green 81

Hellebuyck 87/88
Khudobin who cares

Yes, we've been a Cup contender in every year since I joined the team and made the finals once but lost in Game 7 to Florida I think it was.

Seems legit.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I would argue that though yes, they have undoubtedly deteriorated physically with some age and the rigors of NHL seasons in their rearview mirror, they have become much smarter and calmer players. That can actually benefit really smart, skilled guys. Wheeler is coming off back to back career seasons, and, despite a very slow start, and more responsibility centering his own line, Wheeler is still on pace for 25 goals and 71 points this year . I don't think Wheeler has really been impacted by age, I think it's made him a more complete player. As for Little, it's really hard to tell as he's really taken a beating over the last few years - poor guy, he's such a beauty. However, if he comes back healthy this break for his body might actually have him fresh with lots of stamina for the playoff push.

That is my long- winded way of saying this edition of Wheeler Little might be even better than olden days when they played with Ladd. Having a better 3rd with them (Laine or Ehlers) and moving Little to the wing (where he's scored 30 in a season) could end up being a pretty special 2nd line. The bonus there is having 2 good centers on that line for defensive awareness and faceoffs.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Dahlin 89 - Brodin 84
Morrissey 84 - Pionk 82
Nemeth 81 - Green 81

Hellebuyck 87/88
Khudobin who cares

Have you seen some of the ratings in that game? :laugh::eek::rolleyes:o_O

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Seems legit.

I like the fact we have 4 top 6 centers, 3 of them elite, only to play the maybe biggest playmaker of the last 10 years on the wing and Max Domi on the 3rd line :laugh:

Also I have no idea how AI Chevy is keeping this roster under the cap since I can't go into the cap management menus in Be a Pro but he sure is working some magic. Especially if you have a 4th liner center on 5+M a year playing...

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I like Little...a lot.
I am a bit worried about the next blow to the head as he’s been very unlucky.
He’d be a welcome addition but I’d rather he’d retire fully healthy.

I agree, he's had some awful injury luck, all around head and neck lately. I worry about the poor guy.

Would love to have him back, just leave Wheeler at 2C and slot Lits back in on his wing or on line 3 at wing or C. As long as he's healthy he should add some really nice depth at an important part of the season.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I would argue that though yes, they have undoubtedly deteriorated physically with some age and the rigors of NHL seasons in their rearview mirror, they have become much smarter and calmer players. That can actually benefit really smart, skilled guys. Wheeler is coming off back to back career seasons, and, despite a very slow start, and more responsibility centering his own line, Wheeler is still on pace for 25 goals and 71 points this year . I don't think Wheeler has really been impacted by age, I think it's made him a more complete player. As for Little, it's really hard to tell as he's really taken a beating over the last few years - poor guy, he's such a beauty. However, if he comes back healthy this break for his body might actually have him fresh with lots of stamina for the playoff push.

That is my long- winded way of saying this edition of Wheeler Little might be even better than olden days when they played with Ladd. Having a better 3rd with them (Laine or Ehlers) and moving Little to the wing (where he's scored 30 in a season) could end up being a pretty special 2nd line. The bonus there is having 2 good centers on that line for defensive awareness and faceoffs.

I have no way of knowing if they would be good together anymore or not, but it certainly seems like they could make up part of a very good 2nd line or a great 3rd line. Of course we don't have the players to push them to the third line.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Man losing 2 of the teams major key players is bummer like the whole season so far..

Buff Lit makes the team that much better if they are playing...

Reactions: GNP

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
So what’s his progress? Before the all-star break he had practiced in a non-contact jersey and Maurice said he would continue to skate over the break. Coach made it sound like he was close to a return. Is he still occasionally practicing with the team? Skating on his own? Any status update would be appreciated.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad