Injury Report: Bryan Little

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
There is typically no reason to operate on a scar persisting after the blood from a contusion is re-absorbed.

The ruptured eardrum won't need surgery, and even if it did, there'd be no reason to wait until the contusion had healed in order to decide whether that might be the case.

Again, I wonder if this point somehow got garbled or misunderstood in what Maurice said or how it was reported.

Assuming you’re correct regarding the bolded, this seems logical to me.

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
I think that was the only thing 100% confirmed from the Jets.

Given that hockey teams rarely disclose any medical information beyond "upper-body injury" and "lower-body injury", I hope you'll forgive me for using my expertise to analyze what has otherwise been reported about Little's situation, in order to discuss what is likely the case, even if that has yet to be confirmed by the Jets.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think that was the only thing 100% confirmed from the Jets.

Paul Maurice of all people mentioned in a presser that Bryan had a perforated eardrum and he did mention it was "worse than a concussion" as I recall.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Given that hockey teams rarely disclose any medical information beyond "upper-body injury" and "lower-body injury", I hope you'll forgive me for using my expertise to analyze what has otherwise been reported about Little's situation, in order to discuss what is likely the case, even if that has yet to be confirmed by the Jets.
Krauser, At this point you are our consulting medical expert. Much appreciated too!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Thanks for the input. Always cool how many resources our community has.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I read today's presser and it's a very real possibility that the surgical procedure could simply be cosmetic in nature.

“He’s getting better. They’re making a decision still on whether there needs to be a surgical repair on the ear or not. So they’re waiting for some healing to happen before they make that decision."

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
There is typically no reason to operate on a scar persisting after the blood from a contusion is re-absorbed.

The ruptured eardrum won't need surgery, and even if it did, there'd be no reason to wait until the contusion had healed in order to decide whether that might be the case.

Again, I wonder if this point somehow got garbled or misunderstood in what Maurice said or how it was reported.

Agree with all of this. And don't expect him to be back anytime soon, especially given the team's recent performance and position in the standings.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

That is completely fine dude. I have no issue with that. :thumbu:

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
I read today's presser and it's a very real possibility that the surgical procedure could simply be cosmetic in nature.

“He’s getting better. They’re making a decision still on whether there needs to be a surgical repair on the ear or not. So they’re waiting for some healing to happen before they make that decision."

Oh that makes sense -- surgery on the ear, not the brain. Good news, then.

Reactions: hn777 and Jets 31

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I’m so happy for him!:welcome:

It will be a moral boost for the team to get him back. The question is, will we roll with Chef, Wheeler, Little and Lowry in the middle, or will Wheeler return to the wing?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Wheeler or Little at center and Ehlers would give us a good second line again .:nod:

Maybe they should put Laine on that line too, see how that goes ;)

Glad that he's making a recovery, I have mild vertigo and that sucks, can't even imagine how much worse that has been for him. I'm hoping to see him at 2C with Connor and Ehlers soon.

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It be a big boost to have Little back in the lineup. He's a little underrated, and before he got hurt his point production was very good. Upon his return, we have a chance to have 3 scoring lines, instead of 2.

Then if Buff returns, we'll be a real solid hockey club.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It be a big boost to have Little back in the lineup. He's a little underrated, and before he got hurt his point production was very good. Upon his return, we have a chance to have 3 scoring lines, instead of 2.

Then if Buff returns, we'll be a real solid hockey club.
As long as they use Harkins over Bourque we could have 3 scoring lines already.
Copp Harkins Perrault
Shore Lowry Appleton. Now with little back we can finally bench Perrault

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Here's to a healthy and productive 2nd half of the season to a heart and soul player.

When he gets back in maybe PP2 can get more than 30 seconds of garbage time per powerplay.

Reactions: Tommigun

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Been watching the Jets the last 4 years and i don’t recall seeing Wheeler and Little on the same line. Old timers tell me they used to be on the same line and and were pretty good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad