Injury Report: Bryan Little

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Same problem exists with this combination -
Lowry line gets most of the bottom six minutes but they have no scoring -
We can call the Lowry line #4 but they will get #3 minutes. They are the go to shut down line and I don't see that changing
Exactly, Lowry and Little are going to get minutes, nothing in Mo’s history indicates either of those guys will play a 4th line role the way Mo uses it. Perreault has done plenty of 4th line duty and he’s dropped Copp down there as well.

Three things I can see are,

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault-Shore-Apples

Ehlers-Wheels-Rosie
Copp-Lowry-Little
Perreault-Shore-Apples

Ehlers-Wheels-Rosie
Perreault-Lowry-Little
Shore-Copp-Apples

The first list is most likely based on Mo’s history.
The second list is the best option but I don’t mind option three from a scoring perspective. It’s all about toi distribution.

Reactions: LowLefty

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Exactly, Lowry and Little are going to get minutes, nothing in Mo’s history indicates either of those guys will play a 4th line role the way Mo uses it. Perreault has done plenty of 4th line duty and he’s dropped Copp down there as well.

Three things I can see are,

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault-Shore-Apples

Ehlers-Wheels-Rosie
Copp-Lowry-Little
Perreault-Shore-Apples

Ehlers-Wheels-Rosie
Perreault-Lowry-Little
Shore-Copp-Apples

The first list is most likely based on Mo’s history.
The second list is the best option but I don’t mind option three from a scoring perspective. It’s all about toi distribution.
Maurice used a 4th line featuring Little and Perreault a couple of years ago, as I recall (often with Armia). I could see him starting with something like that until Little is fully up to speed. The following would be a killer forward line-up.

Connor-Scheifele-Laine
Ehlers-Wheeler-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-Little-Shore

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Maurice used a 4th line featuring Little and Perreault a couple of years ago, as I recall (often with Armia). I could see him starting with something like that until Little is fully up to speed. The following would be a killer forward line-up.

Connor-Scheifele-Laine
Ehlers-Wheeler-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-Little-Shore
True but that had much to do with Stastny coming in. Also reinforces the notion that Lowry will not be dropping minutes regardless.
Those lines would also be fine, even keeping PLC together and putting Apples with Little and Shore would be good as well. You might be right that Mo could ease Litts back in on the 4th when he returns, I think that would be prudent.
I think most of it relies heavily on how 27-26-28 continue to perform. The bottom 6 has a number of intriguing possibilities if and when Little returns, will be interesting to see how Mo decides to use them.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

Connor-Scheifele-Laine
Ehlers-Wheeler-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-Little-Shore

It’s just hard to justify having almost 10M tied up between Perreault and Little on the fourth line.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
My guess is Little , Lowry and Copp the 3rd line and Frenchie , Shore and Appleton the 4th . I will say if we are losing games with that lineup i wouldn't be surprised to see Little back on the second line . I'm ok with that as long as Wheeler stays on the second line too , Lowry , Copp and Roslovic looked pretty good as a line .

Reactions: LowLefty

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It’s just hard to justify having almost 10M tied up between Perreault and Little on the fourth line.
I don't think it's an issue. Every team has bad contracts scattered throughout their lineups ( and press box) we've only got a couple and they can at least contribute. But, I do think that many coaches and GM's share your sentiment

Reactions: hn777 and KingBogo

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Any actual news / update on Little?

This was as of December 3rd:

He was asked following the Jets optional morning skate again about the move of Wheeler to the middle and whether that could be permanent when the team gets healthy, in his response he said “That option is definitely open yes. But that’s two months away or whatever, I don’t know. We’ll see when we get there.”. Considering the Wheeler move was made as a result of the Little injury it seems fairly clear that the bench boss is referring to the health status of Little.​

Rest of the article click here.

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017

I'd estimate 2-3 months for a cerebral contusion (a bruise on the brain) to heal (for the blood to be reabsorbed). It's been a little over a month now since Little's injury.

I'm not sure what surgical procedure Maurice is talking about. There usually wouldn't be any surgical management of a contusion at this stage. I'm having a hard time imagining what else he might be referring to. I wonder if he's misunderstanding the medical information or if that point was otherwise garbled somehow.

There was a report from a couple of weeks ago that Little was already doing some light exercise. That would be typical at this stage in recovery from a contusion. As I said initially, his timetable to return to play will be defined eventually by whether he's able to increase his activity level without worsening his symptoms.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I'd estimate 2-3 months for a cerebral contusion (a bruise on the brain) to heal (for the blood to be reabsorbed). It's been a little over a month now since Little's injury.

I'm not sure what surgical procedure Maurice is talking about. There usually wouldn't be any surgical management of a contusion at this stage. I'm having a hard time imagining what else he might be referring to. I wonder if he's misunderstanding the medical information or if that point was otherwise garbled somehow.

There was a report from a couple of weeks ago that Little was already doing some light exercise. That would be typical at this stage in recovery from a contusion. As I said initially, his timetable to return to play will be defined eventually by whether he's able to increase his activity level without worsening his symptoms.

I thought the only thing we knew for sure was a ruptured eardrum/perforated eardrum? Was a contusion confirmed?

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

seems to be fitting your earlier estimates of stages and where he is at. Could the surgery maybe be for the ear drum? Thats all i can think of. Although i thought that injury usually heals on its own

Reactions: Duke749

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I thought the only thing we knew for sure was a ruptured eardrum/perforated eardrum? Was a contusion confirmed?

never confirmed by the team. But they have admitted the concussion by saying he will eventually need to go through protocol once the ear is healed and vertigo was gone.... i think the contusion is going off the leaked stuff from the news outlet. So its still unconfirmed

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
never confirmed by the team. But they have admitted the concussion by saying he will eventually need to go through protocol once the ear is healed and vertigo was gone.... i think the contusion is going off the leaked stuff from the news outlet. So its still unconfirmed

Is that admitting it or just a precaution though? Wouldn’t be a bad assumption obviously even if they didn’t state it outright.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm positive they said he had a bleed on the brain , they might need the blood to be gone to see if it needs surgery .

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017

It was reported that he had "a brain bleed". The kind of injury he had was likely to cause a contusion. He was kept in hospital for observation for 24-48 hours, which would be typical management for a contusion where surgical intervention wasn't required.

I think it's reasonable to conclude that he did suffer a contusion, even if the team hasn't released that diagnosis publicly.

But they have admitted the concussion by saying he will eventually need to go through protocol once the ear is healed and vertigo was gone

The return-to-play protocol would hold equally for a contusion as a concussion.

Again, concussion is the wrong diagnosis in anyone with a contusion, but that's because a contusion is even worse than a concussion.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
It was reported that he had "a brain bleed". The kind of injury he had was likely to cause a contusion. He was kept in hospital for observation for 24-48 hours, which would be typical management for a contusion where surgical intervention wasn't required.

I think it's reasonable to conclude that he did suffer a contusion, even if the team hasn't released that diagnosis publicly.

The return-to-play protocol would hold equally for a contusion as a concussion.

Again, concussion is the wrong diagnosis in anyone with a contusion, but that's because a contusion is even worse than a concussion.

Reported by who? That wasn’t the Jets was it? Just asking for clarification. Not saying anyone is wrong or anything.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Initially did they not mention ear drum
Damage?

Reactions: Duke749

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
I'm positive they said he had a bleed on the brain , they might need the blood to be gone to see if it needs surgery .

There is typically no reason to operate on a scar persisting after the blood from a contusion is re-absorbed.

Could the surgery maybe be for the ear drum? Thats all i can think of. Although i thought that injury usually heals on its own

The ruptured eardrum won't need surgery, and even if it did, there'd be no reason to wait until the contusion had healed in order to decide whether that might be the case.

Again, I wonder if this point somehow got garbled or misunderstood in what Maurice said or how it was reported.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad