Confirmed with Link: Brunner hits the open market, signs with Devils

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would take Brunner over Filppula at the same price %100 certain!!!

That is plain garbage. I mean come on now. 5 on 5 stats regular season last year 13 to 14 points. Got a guy who is very good and can play lower lines penalty kill etc..

Or do you think all of a sudden now brunner is 60 point guy with zetterberg ?

Cause I mean that is just too much and you know it. Brunner stats is 1.57 points per 60 you are actually going to say he could equal valtteri's 2.62 the year before?

Even if he could equal that which HE CANT is damm sure he cant work the rest of the ice like fippula did.

By the way fippula lead the wings that year in these stats.

This is by far the worst thing you have said. You have said certain things but man come on.

He might get more goals but he aint coming close in points and is not coming close in the other end on any day of the week EVER.

Vals stats for career by the way are 1.42 1.67 1.67 2.62 and 1.40. 5 on 5.

I get you love this goal scoring thing yet you do know we have Tatar and pulkkinen and turco and others? They are coming I have high hopes that pulkkinen can be long term answer to zetterberg.

He has a cult following look it up holy slapper. Have some faith lol. Brunner wasnt gonna get three years because we already have better players by than who will be ready. He wasnt getting top six cause of tatar. Next year I expect Teemu to be up and competing.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Rumours in Swiss media that he will start the season (13. September) with Zug in the NLA with a per-game contract so to be free whenever he wants and can reach an NHL team.
Big mistake imo, the only way I see him succeed was with a whole summer preparation, inclusive camp, in northamerica.

He is so dominant in Switzerland he will make alone Zug a contender....he will be playing with Rob Schremp, they will put on a show.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
You can argue that if you want.
But notice what happened to St. Louis' stats once Stamkos emerged as a star?

St Louis is still great. But his clock is ticking too.

Marty has been better than Stamkos 3 of the 5 years they have been in the league together. Stamkos was better in 11-12, one year was pretty much wash.

Marty is better skater, more agile and shifty, better puck handler and carrier, better playmaker, better defensively, better along the boards. Marty has been the driving force on that line. Stamkos is better goal scorer but that's it.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Rumours in Swiss media that he will start the season (13. September) with Zug in the NLA with a per-game contract so to be free whenever he wants and can reach an NHL team.
Big mistake imo, the only way I see him succeed was with a whole summer preparation, inclusive camp, in northamerica.

He is so dominant in Switzerland he will make alone Zug a contender....he will be playing with Rob Schremp, they will put on a show.

I think he'll be able to come over and be productive, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does nothing for his future contracts. He comes over and plays 50 games or something again, and GMs will still wonder if he could play a full season, and how series he is about sticking around considering how easily he goes back to Europe.

He and his agent totally misread the market.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I think he'll be able to come over and be productive, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does nothing for his future contracts. He comes over and plays 50 games or something again, and GMs will still wonder if he could play a full season, and how series he is about sticking around considering how easily he goes back to Europe.

He and his agent totally misread the market.

Yeah, his agent really dropped the ball on this one. If he wants to sign now, he'll likely be under $2 million somewhere and it's probably as an injury replacement for someone. He's not going to get his guaranteed Top-6 role for a ton of money like he was asking.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I think if this is true which I doubt is good from wings standpoint he goes back overseas we bring him over late in year when someone goes ltir for 2-3 million and have him for playoffs. I honestly think that is only way we could ever sign him this year:)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think if this is true which I doubt is good from wings standpoint he goes back overseas we bring him over late in year when someone goes ltir for 2-3 million and have him for playoffs. I honestly think that is only way we could ever sign him this year:)

If he goes overseas he has to clear waivers, we won't get him like that.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
If he goes overseas he has to clear waivers, we won't get him like that.

Well that is bs hehe but maybe the other teams lower ones dont want to pay him and the top teams who can use him cant pay him etc..

No one seems like they are going crazy now to sign him? So is a chance. Depends when he decides to come back obviously if is early december feel have a better shot than late in the year.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
He just doesn't have a track record to command big money. IMHO, his agent overplayed his hand. Should have signed a 1 yr deal somewhere and proven himself over a full season. Wish him well but I think he got some bad advice

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
He just doesn't have a track record to command big money. IMHO, his agent overplayed his hand. Should have signed a 1 yr deal somewhere and proven himself over a full season. Wish him well but I think he got some bad advice

Of course not which is why I was shocked some people on here we claiming he's going to get $3-4 mil a year from some team and that he was some kind of super talent.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I think a guy like Brunner is the perfect example of why agents can be a bad thing for some players.

WhoisJohnGalt

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Very similar situation to Kadri and the Leafs. Kadri lights up the league last year for 20 games and starts thinking he has made his bones. He just signed for a nice 2 year deal to bridge to UFA and needs to prove consistent production over that time. Then he gets paid big with a long contract..

Bruner needs to demo the same thing. Just like PK Subban one year ago - then he won the Norris - then he gets paid big time.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Very similar situation to Kadri and the Leafs. Kadri lights up the league last year for 20 games and starts thinking he has made his bones. He just signed for a nice 2 year deal to bridge to UFA and needs to prove consistent production over that time. Then he gets paid big with a long contract..

Bruner needs to demo the same thing. Just like PK Subban one year ago - then he won the Norris - then he gets paid big time.

If I'm not mistaken Kadri will still be RFA after this contract as he is only 22 now. I agree with the main point though Brunner can't use this shortened season to try to justify a big contract especially with the cap coming down.

Detroit Swed Wings

#FireHolland
Jan 17, 2013
Malmö
If I'm not mistaken Kadri will still be RFA after this contract as he is only 22 now. I agree with the main point though Brunner can't use this shortened season to try to justify a big contract especially with the cap coming down.

I think he knows this. And this is why he wants a top6 spot, which he can't get it seems.

I don't think the money is everything to him this season.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Definitely his agent may not be the best one for an unproven player. Still I have this feeling now that Brunner may have known of the arrival of Alfredsson (Alfredsson decided to leave 4th July, Brunner turned down the offer the 5th) and I'm not so sure that if Brunner would have said yes, Alfredsson wouldn't have come anyway. So probably Brunner was scared off by the sheer amount of player with talent that was going to fight for a spot on the roster (including Gus, Tatar). Not such a positive, fighting attitude.....

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
Definitely his agent may not be the best one for an unproven player. Still I have this feeling now that Brunner may have known of the arrival of Alfredsson (Alfredsson decided to leave 4th July, Brunner turned down the offer the 5th) and I'm not so sure that if Brunner would have said yes, Alfredsson wouldn't have come anyway. So probably Brunner was scared off by the sheer amount of player with talent that was going to fight for a spot on the roster (including Gus, Tatar). Not such a positive, fighting attitude.....

I don't think that's the reason why he didn't sign with the Wings I mean he'll have to fight for a spot on any other team in the NHL so yeah he and his agent just couldn't find an agreement with the Wings. Time to move on and sign with any NHL team before the season starts.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Brunner is on a PTO with the NJ Devils.

Came here to post the same.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 13m
Lou Lamoriello confirms that Damien Brunner will be joining camp as tryout.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 9m
Lamoriello said he talked to Burnner's camp over summer. Offered him tryout if he didn't sign in Switzerland.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 7m
Lamoriello said "no promises" to Brunner. They'll see how he looks and where he fits

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Came here to post the same.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 13m
Lou Lamoriello confirms that Damien Brunner will be joining camp as tryout.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 9m
Lamoriello said he talked to Burnner's camp over summer. Offered him tryout if he didn't sign in Switzerland.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 7m
Lamoriello said "no promises" to Brunner. They'll see how he looks and where he fits

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

Wow. Wish the Wings would've brought him back... Not really considering to current cluster **** with contracts n such. But yeah, good luck Nose!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad