Post-Game Talk: Bruins win 2-1 in shootout win

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Exactly Kaoz ! I couldn't beleive that dirtbag who was in Loge 3 The scum had a black bandana on and walked toward my seat in loge 4 after he threw what looked like a JJ sausage toward the Jersey goalie :rant: First thing that came to mind was , what stupid Jersey boy threw that and would the B's lose a goal from this jack--- . I wanted to just grab the scum and pound him for the B's , but with the way my day was going I would have been brought up on charges , considering i had my 12 year old son with me and a late 1 hour drive home. Glad the B's pulled this one out from you know where :handclap:

you're famous m8

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Sausage thrower still sucks.

Good think Seguin was able to score on the second.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Sausage thrower still sucks.

Good think Seguin was able to score on the second.

not for nothing but now my anger about this incident is starting to turn from the tub of lard who threw it to the 200 or so mutes around him who pulled a Charlestown "code" thing and kept quiet and didn't see anything.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
This is exactly right. Peverley and Kelly have been terrible. They look slow, turn over the puck in bad situations, are losing the battles for the puck, can't even stay onside, and have played like they're still in preseason mode. Blaming a bottom feeder like Bourque for that line's terrible play is at best misguided. Could they upgrade that spot? Sure. Would it make a difference? Not if Pevs and Kelly are going to come out and play like they have been.

Agree with you on Kelly, but not on Peverley. I think he's shown speed and grit, and he's getting pucks to the net. I think he looks worse because of him linemates. Also agree that Bourque being the focus is misplaced.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
not for nothing but now my anger about this incident is starting to turn from the tub of lard who threw it to the 200 or so mutes around him who pulled a Charlestown "code" thing and kept quiet and didn't see anything.

I hear ya, but just how drunk and big the dude was might have played in to whether or not people were willing to call him out...I just would have been peeved that he wasted a perfectly good hot dog...Hey, I was gonna eat that thing!!!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I hear ya, but just how drunk and big the dude was might have played in to whether or not people were willing to call him out...I just would have been peeved that he wasted a perfectly good hot dog...Hey, I was gonna eat that thing!!!

I can see where people didn't want to engage him verbally or physically (given his size) but I sure as heck would hope they would have happily pointed him out to security.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
My thoughts this morning: This team has stones. Anybody can win when they're well rested and brings their A stuff. It takes a truly gifted pitcher to battle through when he doesn't have his best and grind out a win.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
My thoughts this morning: This team has stones. Anybody can win when they're well rested and brings their A stuff. It takes a truly gifted pitcher to battle through when he doesn't have his best and grind out a win.

agreed.

It isn't just our fanbase but all fans of every team in the league will need to temper their expectations when their team is on the backend of back to back games. That 2nd game this year will be morfe of a prevent defense than any kind of statement or measuring stick. Conversely, i'd be pissed right now if i were a devils fan. This season especially you have to be all over a team on it's 2nd night when your team is playing off a days rest. Deboer must be livid.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am going to add that the Bruins looked awful last night-even traditionally speedy skaters looked slow compared to when they aren't on a back to back.

I think the fact that they were able to find a way to win in spite of playing poorly is a huge plus, because this team has a lot of back to backs this year and they need to win as many of them as they can. To quote Brick: "Points are at a premium."

Krejci had the defense mesmerized by the puck and snuck a pass to Horton who IMO looks better right now than he did at any point last season. He is probably one of the most likely to find the goal when it is required players the Bruins have.

hotweaselsoup

Mountain That Glides
Apr 4, 2008
Central MA

Oh god I'm dying

Which brings us back to the flying food item that interrupted the shootout. Who threw it? Why did they throw it? Was it a sinister Devils sleeper agent that wanted to thwart Seguin? Was it a cunning Bruins fan that mistakenly thought that Marty Brodeur was in goal and would be immediately distracted by an airborne pork product?

PeterTheGr8

SavoringEveryMoment
Jul 26, 2005
Playoffs
www.bettercallsaul.com

I agree. I would have been pointing him out to security and mocked him out the door. Gives the rest of us a bad name. Funny that he was not in the balcony where all us miscreants sit.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
A bit late so it might have been discussed, but did anyone catch Clarkson taunting Marchand about his nose? Was pretty hilarious.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
This guy right here? He was my main suspect. You sure he was a Devils fan?

hotdog.png

Well, he's not missing any meals, that's for sure. At least he wont starve to death missing that hotdog.

Popular guy, too.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
A bit late so it might have been discussed, but did anyone catch Clarkson taunting Marchand about his nose? Was pretty hilarious.

Yeah. There;s a picture of it a few pages back. I guess that's why Marchand was yapping at their bench after the shootout.

Marchand may want to tread lightly w/ someone like Clarkson.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Okay whoever picked the stars wasn't watching the same game I was.

I realize Marchand scored the winner in the shootout, but he should not be a star.

BTW stars were Horton, Clarkson and Marchand.

Tuukka should have been a star.

IMO he should have been the #1 star.

Whoever threw that junk on the ice should not be allowed back to the Garden...ever.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I agree with all of this, especially questioning if Caron makes the 3rd any better. I don't think Bourque has done anything to warrant the hates he's getting. He's responsible in the defensive end, and isn't afraid to get his nose dirty. He likely never going to move higher than the 3rd line, even on other teams, but it's not like he's doing stuff to hurt the team. Once Kelly gets back up to game speed (I REALLY think he's feeling the effects of not playing during the lockout), I think the whole third line will be performing better.
As you pointed out, he did play during the lockout.

To be honest, I think the guys who played in Europe have a totally different set of circumstances to overcome. Yes, they are in "game shape" (the guys that did not play at all are not there yet) but they are not in an NHL frame of mind.

All the Euro leagues are no hit, slow pace leagues. You have time to think and make your play. They have to adjust to making a play quickly. It's a totally different sport.

The players with the highest advantage for the most part are the AHL guys.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Back in the 10-11 season, when watching the games, you never felt like they were out of the game. Even down a goal in the 3rd, with a few to go etc.
This year's team has that feeling so far....

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
why do people always say this? It's the heat of the moment, what do you expect? I say "What happens in the GDT stays in the GDT".

Let he who has never thrown their remote at the tv in disgust be the first to cast a stone.

Whats great is to have the B's go down by three goals, and come back. The GDT is a Jeckel and Hyde. First have is this player sucks that player sucks, then second half is over the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: