Post-Game Talk: Bruins win 2-1 in shootout win

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Very good win for the Bruins. We didn't had a lot of legs but Rask was there to keep us in the game. Very impress by the calm and poise showed by Hamilton. I knew the guy was good but i never expected to see him being able to adapt himself so quick to the NHL...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Chris is not the Only issue it not like the other two have been lighting up the lamp.
But what funny people calling for Caron who not completly healthy and has not shown really alot when up. Suave has talent but can't stay healthy for one shift.Tardiff might be someone to look at .

Not just about lighting the lamp.

Bourque seems to be a guy who works hard but just can`t bring much to the table at the NHL level. Haven`t seen him win one board battle, especially in his own end.

Everyone can scream about Pouliot`s balance, his giveaways from time to time but one thing he did well IMO, is use that size to be effective along the boards. Not Bourque`s fault he isn`t bigger, but that line loses all momentum when one player isn`t capable and I`ve reached the end with him, nice story, legendary Bruin name but....move Paille up, call up Mac D if necessary, Bourque brings zero to that third line, by the way, Marchand was terrible along the wall in the D zone last night too.

Snorefest of a game, decided by the skills competetion which I`m never a fan of but 2 pts is 2pts I guess

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Very good win for the Bruins. We didn't had a lot of legs but Rask was there to keep us in the game. Very impress by the calm and poise showed by Hamilton. I knew the guy was good but i never expected to see him being able to adapt himself so quick to the NHL...

Am I alone here with my appreciation of Johnson`s game back there? Hardly spectacular but pretty darn steady, isn`t hurting the team

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Good job identifying the food tosser, guys. I immediately figured it was a Devils fan trying to throw off Seguin on the SO attempt. Very foolish, very dangerous. Glad no one sustained injury.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Am I alone here with my appreciation of Johnson`s game back there? Hardly spectacular but pretty darn steady, isn`t hurting the team

Which is exactly what you should ask from a 7th D-man. The Bruins are looking really good when it become to depth...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Which is exactly what you should ask from a 7th D-man. The Bruins are looking really good when it become to depth...

Yep, when signed, many here making proclamations about how awful he was/is, and having not seen him, or at least not remembering if I did I couldn`t say one way or another what his game was like but.....steady, plays reasonably physical, makes the simple play more often than not.

As you stated, when talking about a depth D-man, he`s doing his job well, I really liked it last night when he tossed 2 shots on the same shift on net, not sure if either made their way all the way through but rather than wind up for the slapper, just a simple wrister

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Yep, when signed, many here making proclamations about how awful he was/is, and having not seen him, or at least not remembering if I did I couldn`t say one way or another what his game was like but.....steady, plays reasonably physical, makes the simple play more often than not.

As you stated, when talking about a depth D-man, he`s doing his job well, I really liked it last night when he tossed 2 shots on the same shift on net, not sure if either made their way all the way through but rather than wind up for the slapper, just a simple wrister

Agreed. Sometimes, you need to put a signing in it's context. A depth player is someone who will help you to fill a void occasionally with all consequences who come with it ( mistakes, uneven performances, lack of timing ). It's a waste of time to blame a depth player for everything who goes wrong on a team. In that regard, this board like to " blame " players like Bourque or Pouliot because they are not doing enough... If you put the signing/acquisition of these players in it's context, you come to the conclusion that these guys are just fine.

Last edited:

Afam*

This guy right here? He was my main suspect. You sure he was a Devils fan?

hotdog.png

I see you back Dafoomie. Great work catching the fool who did that. You the same dafoomie from youtube right?

Afam*

Watching the video again. Dafoomie was spot. That's the fan that threw the hotdog. You can see him stand up and thrust his arm forward. What a coward. Change the Video to Hd and it becomes a lil bit clearer.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
But, unfortunately, so far he has not contributed much personally, and I haven't seen him do anything that makes his linemates better players.

This. I haven't been crapping on Bourque and have mostly been "give him a few more games" but I don't see things getting better and that line is struggling. Bourque is the easiest player to tweak (he can be sent to Providence, Kelly and Pevs can't).

Kelly I think needs somebody who can make him better and Bourque doesn't seem to be that player. Kelly had a great season last year because he spent a lot of time playing next to Seguin.

Pouliot may have had about zero hockey sense, but he was a lot bigger than Bourque and he did use his size to his and his line's advantage.

I don't particularly think Bourque is terrible or awful or anything, but he just doesn't seem to be helping the 3rd line at all.

Not sure Caron is the answer either, but in a season where there are just 48 games, the team doesn't really have 10 to 20 games to see if Bourque is going to figure it out and get chemistry.

I think it may be time to see if there is somebody else who can shine there.

Nope. Chia did his homework and Johnson seems to fit perfectly in the system and is great as a depth player.

Last edited:

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Bruins were lucky to squeeze 2 points from that game. Rask was the main reason for that, along with some dogged determination by the KHL line.

Marchand, despite scoring the SO game winner, had a terrible game in my opinion. His board play right now is just absolutely atrocious. Sending the puck up his side usually ends in a giveaway at the worst time, while the Bruins are trying to transition. He seems to not be leaning heavy enough on his stick. Pucks slip underneath way too easily. He'll get it together but it's hard to watch right now. And then there's Kelly. Not sure what's happened to him, but he just looks dead in the water. These two need to get it going. The good news is that the W's are piling up, so they have time and space to pick up their game.

Seguin is clearly still in Swiss mode. He's too naturally talented tho, so I imagine he'll get on track soon.

For the record, I have no issue with Bourque. Julien is giving him every chance to succeed and be a hero. Like he's trying to write a story or something. I think Bourque has probably earned it through hard work in practice and such, but at some point, he's going to come out of the lineup if he doesn't make good on these chances he's getting soon.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
This. I haven't been crapping on Bourque and have mostly been "give him a few more games" but I don't see things getting better and that line is struggling. Bourque is the easiest player to tweak (he can be sent to Providence, Kelly and Pevs can't).

Kelly I think needs somebody who can make him better and Bourque doesn't seem to be that player. Kelly had a great season last year because he spent a lot of time playing next to Seguin.

Pouliot may have had about zero hockey sense, but he was a lot bigger than Bourque and he did use his size to his and his line's advantage.

I don't particularly think Bourque is terrible or awful or anything, but he just doesn't seem to be helping the 3rd line at all.

Not sure Caron is the answer either, but in a season where there are just 48 games, the team doesn't really have 10 to 20 games to see if Bourque is going to figure it out and get chemistry.

I think it may be time to see if there is somebody else who can shine there.

Are you telling us that Kelly/Peverly are playing very good hockey since day 1? It's not the case, IMHO... Piling on Bourque is the easy thing to do...

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
it annoys me that people are complaining about the 3rd line when the Bergy line has looked lost out there.

Both have looked bad so far but the 3rd line has been particularly bad. The positive we can all take away from this is that we're 1st in the east and our lines are far from clicking at this point. When they all get their games back to normal things gonna look wonderful

The Last Baron*

Kinda looks like.......... Kessel with a fake neck beard..

Very possible...Kessel was invisible for the Leafs yesterday, so maybe he made the trip down to Boston instead?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Rask had a great game, as did Horton, Hamilton, and heck even Johnson looked calm and steady out there.

As difficult as it was to watch at times last night, I loved that game and I'll tell ya why. The great teams find ways to win games when things really aren't going their way. Bruins had no legs, weren't getting bounces, weren't getting the calls, it had all the makings of a boring 1-0 loss. They got it done, picked up two points, and I really think it's a sign of a team that is better than I thought. I like that.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Are you telling us that Kelly/Peverly are playing very good hockey since day 1? It's not the case, IMHO... Piling on Bourque is the easy thing to do...

Um-nope.

I said-the line is struggling and Bourque is the easiest player to tweak.

I also think the one thing Pouliot did well on that line last year was use his body.

The line isn't working and the team isn't going to bench Kelly or Peverly-Kelly and Peverly are key PKers and Bourque hasn't done much for the PP (but in his defense other than Dougie nobody else has either). Kelly and Peverly aren't going anywhere right now, the line isn't working, it has been invisible, Bourque is the easiest position on the line to tweak. I am saying it is time to look for something else, because what we have isn't working.

Bourque isn't terrible, but he also isn't helping that line.

Oh and one other thing about the 3rd line.

They keep getting pinned in the defensive zone and can't seem to get it the puck through the neutral zone when they do get it out. Spending a lot of time in the defensive zone is playing with fire. This line seems to be the worst at getting stuck. Bergeron's line at least seems to get the puck out and through the neutral zone even if they aren't scoring (I think their work along the boards stinks too).

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Thought it was Hamilton's worse game to date. Not that he played bad or getting on his case, just evaluating.

He had more defensive errors in this game than all the other ones combined in my opinion.

Still looks like a stud, and he is still learing/growing so not concerned... just saying.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Thought it was Hamilton's worse game to date. Not that he played bad or getting on his case, just evaluating.

He had more defensive errors in this game than all the other ones combined in my opinion.

Still looks like a stud, and he is still learing/growing so not concerned... just saying.

it's the 2nd night of back to backs. As Tony Soprano said when asked aren't wiseguys in prison who commit homosexual acts considered gay....."They get a pass".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad