OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't have hated Barton and Adonai Mitchell but prefer how it played out for us.
As I said above, center is undervalued. Much harder to get a top one as they are rarer than receiver. The Steelers seem to always find a great talent at WR without spending a pick in the top couple of rounds.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm pretty pumped right now.

And the biggest reason is the Steelers are following through with their stated intentions. There's a coherent philosophy. They want to bully people so they hire bullies.

There is also potentially an infrastructure emerging that really gives QBs a good chance to shine.

I also like Frazier. He was good - not outstanding, but good - value here according to most public forecasters. There's a lot of things to like about his skillset. Maybe he lacks perfect seal off side to side recognition and athleticism at this point and that bit worries me a tad but he's at 51, everyone has flaws.

People can point to WR and dropping value but dropping value really only means Adonai Mitchell, whose worst character reports make him sound a giant risk and quite probably is given what's happened.

And yeah the teams needs WR and needs it badly, but we all knew they were going to really struggle to get everything fixed. Wait and see what else Khan does but I'm fine with him not fixing everything. They've taken a big swing at fixing a giant part of their identity and that makes me happy.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Looking at who is picking between now and the Steelers pick. Roman Wilson may make it 84.

Lots of teams that have WR rooms or have picked one already.

This part is also true. I'm not sat here with a list of other teams' needs but you've got to think the list of teams seriously considering WRs in round 3 is fairly small at this point.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
There's potentially some great value coming up at LB with Cedric Gray and Payton Wilson if they last too.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
There's potentially some great value coming up at LB with Cedric Gray and Payton Wilson if they last too.
Payton Wilson's Injury history is scary. I'd prefer going after Jeremiah Trottier Jr.

Lot's of receivers still. Jalen McMillian, Roman Wilson, Troy Franklin.

T.J. Tampa still around as well.

Looks like we will have some very good options for our first third rounder.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Payton Wilson's Injury history is scary. I'd prefer going after Jeremiah Trottier Jr.

Lot's of receivers still. Jalen McMillian, Roman Wilson, Troy Franklin.

T.J. Tampa still around as well.

Looks like we will have some very good options for our first third rounder.

Last I read was Wilson's been fine the last couple of years and his medicals were fine... which admittedly doesn't fit with him being there.

Can't say I've ever got the fuss about Trottier from what people say.

WR would seem to be the pick if available, but if it isn't, there's still some value at other spots.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad