Post-Game Talk: Bruins vs. Islanders 1-25-13 B's win 4-2!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The Boyes for Wideman deal was a great deal for both sides at the time. The Bruins got some very good service from him. He had a bad year. They moved him and picked up Horton. After that move, everyone and their sister was saying how badly the team needed a PMD. Well they opened a hole at defense to fill a need up front, and they moved a guy who'd worn out his welcome with the fans. The guy was no stud in his own end, and he was a turnover machine at the end, but he could skate with the puck and he was a good power play defenseman.

I'm not comparing him to Hamilton, and he's not a "crush", but I liked him as a player. I loved Glen Murray as a player, even when people were trying to run him out of town.

Boston fans are so fickle

Muzz is one of my all time favorite B's. The man played with so much :heart: and was one of the best leaders on the team.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Muzz is one of my all time favorite B's. The man played with so much :heart: and was one of the best leaders on the team.

I remember driving home from a loss in the Montreal series in 08 and everyone was calling up EEI to pile on the guy. Not to sound like a snob, but it's easier for people who don't understand the game to simply blame one guy for a loss.

We see it all the time in football. OMG TEH PATS LOST!!! TRADE BRADY!!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I remember driving home from a loss in the Montreal series in 08 and everyone was calling up EEI to pile on the guy. Not to sound like a snob, but it's easier for people who don't understand the game to simply blame one guy for a loss.

We see it all the time in football. OMG TEH PATS LOST!!! TRADE BRADY!!

From where we sit at the games we can see who is a leader and Muzz was THE leader right up to when he "left". The players, coaches and on ice officals went to Glen over Z.

He also lead all of the skating drills . Remember the hard hat the players would give to the player they thought had a good game ?...Muzz started that on the B's. It was like that jacket that Andy Ference had during the 2011 playoffs.

He seemed very humble too. The ST near me all liked Murray . We always hope he attends a game sometime.

You are not a snob.;) . I do remember that you liked Muzz and because of that liked you as a poster. TheReal13Linesman ( George) likes him too. Where is he ? I haven't seen him post of late.

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
I bet Sieds and Wides would have been good together. I am happy someone else likes Wides. Actually most of the STH who sit near me liked Dennis.

Add me to the list, Ladyfan ... I defended Wideman until the very end. He had his horrible moments, but he also had a very good season while wearing a B's uniform ... and that good season is often forgotten or overlooked.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Add me to the list, Ladyfan ... I defended Wideman until the very end. He had his horrible moments, but he also had a very good season while wearing a B's uniform ... and that good season is often forgotten or overlooked.

:handclap: I think Dennis had 2 good seasons here.

Also some poster said he had sucked since he left the B's ...so if that were true how come he was on the all star team ?

Some "fans" are like sheep...if someone starts booing they jump on the bandwagon. :help:

I agree Dennis had his faults but he also had some very good games for the B's.

Oh well..enough of this...Wides is no longer here and some other player will have to be the "hated" one.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
:handclap: I think Dennis had 2 good seasons here.

Also some poster said he had sucked since he left the B's ...so if that were true how come he was on the all star team ?

Some "fans" are like sheep...if someone starts booing they jump on the bandwagon. :help:

I agree Dennis had his faults but he also had some very good games for the B's.

Oh well..enough of this...Wides is no longer here and some other player will have to be the "hated" one.

"Hi I'm Chris, Chris Bourque."

Shadowthrone

Zombies Welcome
Sep 24, 2006
Franconia, Germany
Thank You, off to check er out....

.......and I`m back, Quick tilt, pretty even til the right hand, wondered what they said to one another when Carkner got back up, looked like they were both laughing at something?

Haha, yes they do. Surely didn't notice this last night on my grainy live stream. Or blame the late hour and the single malt.

Anyway, try to knock each other out and have a laugh about it.
All in good fun :)

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
lmfao... dougie is a ****inf beast

i look forward to every game just to see what he does

honestly horton is a dhadow of his former self. he made some awful ****ing passes today. he eshould sort his **** outl our top line is acting terrible. the bergeron line is just ok too, thank god bergerons classic mve worked on rick depeireo.

it would ne bice to see peverley line and kelly working soon

Really? I thought Horton looked pretty decent, especially considering the rust factor is probably even worse for him than it is for the rest of the team. He's not showing any hesitation in the physical game and he's still easily the best skater on our top line.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
"Hi I'm Chris, Chris Bourque."

I hate when stupid people hate on a player.

I guess I feel like the den mother here but give the kid a chance. We were really pulling for Chris to get a goal last night.

By now we should trust Peter C and Claude J. to do what is best for the team.

People don't understand that when they boo one of their own team's players it hurts the team. If a player is having a tough time and you boo him his self confidence takes a hit and he will play even worse. This doesn't help the player or the B's.

I could see it if the player was being an ass and not putting effort into his game but that usually isn't the case as I see it.

"Fans" will still boo but I think it is stupid. Boo the other team or the refs.

OK done with my rant.;)

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
The team looks great. But Seguin is making me worry. He shouldn't be rusty after tearing up the Swiss league. He just seems too carefree. Doesn't have that intensity. Hope he proves me wrong next game.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
The team looks great. But Seguin is making me worry. He shouldn't be rusty after tearing up the Swiss league. He just seems too carefree. Doesn't have that intensity. Hope he proves me wrong next game.

I watched a good amount of his Switzerland highlights and games. Honestly, the goals were just so easy for him over there. Big ice surface, terribad goalies, Patrick Kane serving him up pucks on a silver platter. He needs to get back into working hard to score NHL style.

Remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwopz3r3tzM

I think he'll be fine.

jasonbaz77*

Seguin will be fine - he needs to break the seal. He's pressing.

I am standing by my prediction that Dougie will eventually be a Norris candidate :D

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Yeah, Seguin looks like he's feeling the pressure of not putting up points yet.

Horton really had a tough time finding the right color jerseys last night.

I didn't think Seidenberg looked close to 100%.

I thought it would take Hamilton a couple seasons to look this good, not a couple of weeks.

Campbell's always there when you need him.

Funny, the least talented players play great on the PK, all of the most talented players play terrible on the PP.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH

Is this sarcasm? Because other than being iffy with his shot, he's looked great. Lots of hustle all over the ice, good work along the boards, back checking like a beast. He's been one of the consistently good forwards in all four games.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Is this sarcasm? Because other than being iffy with his shot, he's looked great. Lots of hustle all over the ice, good work along the boards, back checking like a beast. He's been one of the consistently good forwards in all four games.

Agreed. He's busting his tail, if anything almost pressing TOO hard.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Seguin isn't rusty, that line is simply playing bad hockey. Julien has some shuffling to do.

The worst thing he could possibly do is take him away from Bergeron and Marchy.

Don't forget Seguin didn't get a goal last year for 4/5 games.

He needs to re-adjust to the NA ice, and he's leading the team in shots, IIRC. Just give him some time.

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
A game where Seguin doesnt have at least two crazy close goals, then i'll be worried.

He's litteraly been centimeters from having like 5 goals by now.

they'll go in eventually.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
The worst thing he could possibly do is take him away from Bergeron and Marchy.

Don't forget Seguin didn't get a goal last year for 4/5 games.

He needs to re-adjust to the NA ice, and he's leading the team in shots, IIRC. Just give him some time.

I see his point though. It really can't hurt to switch Horton and Seguin around and see how it works. Seguin did look really good last year when he was on the Lucic-Krejci line when Horton was out.

Personally though, I've been pushing for Seguin to be on Krejci's wing for some time now so maybe it's just how I see it and hope for it. I just think that balances out the top 2 lines more and gives Krejci a much needed speedy winger.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
It took him what, 6 games to get going on Swiss ice and then it was almost all multiple point games from there?

Give him a game or two more.
No need to panic 3-0-1

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland