Post-Game Talk: Bruins vs. Islanders 1-25-13 B's win 4-2!

Afam*

I missed the crowd chanting "Dougie." I must have fell asleep. How loud was it? And I laughed when they played "Teach Me How To Dougie"

Lol. It was pretty Loud. Falling Asleep during games happens to the best of us. Raise your hands if you haven't fallen asleep during a game. Crickets.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Just in from the game.

Bergy's goal was a beauty. :handclap:

Soupy had an excellent game :handclap:

Dougie can stay here :yo:

Best 4th line in the NHL. :handclap: Dan Paille gives 100 % every shift :handclap:

Honestly think the B's can play better. They kind of played down to the Islanders but 2 points and there were some good things in this game.
They can. Just got in, too.

Getting worried a/b Horton. That pass to no where in the 2nd period was telling of his situational awareness. Like he was afraid he was a/b to get smoked? There was no one near him, he had time. He's fighting something.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
I think if you look at the time he spent in Boston it was more good than bad. In fact he was really good for more than a year.
Agree. He was good for a couple seasons when he first got here.

But he went downhill really hard in his last season, and IMO, hasn't been the Dennis Wideman we saw in his first 2 seasons in Boston since.

Am I happy for the 2 seasons Wideman was here and played well? Yup. Am I happy he's now off of our blueline after his last season in Black and Gold, and do I wish I could erase the memories of that season from my head? Yup again.

Glad he's not wearing a Bruins sweater anymore. We're in a much better place right now on the blueline.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
They can. Just got in, too.

Getting worried a/b Horton. That pass to no where in the 2nd period was telling of his situational awareness. Like he was afraid he was a/b to get smoked? There was no one near him, he had time. He's fighting something.

:laugh:

Nothing to worry about here, that is a Bruin trait you know. The other player couldn't stay on the ice 10 seconds more they had to go for a line change. :banghead:

Afam*

I liked Dennis when he was here. I thought some fans were nasty to him so for his sake I am happy he is not here. Most of the STH near me liked Wides and thought the Boos were uncalled for.

I think if you look at the time he spent in Boston it was more good than bad. In fact he was really good for more than a year.

Wideman was Meh player. Average defenseman at Best. Wideman couldn't hold Dougie's water, stick or whatever you want too call it. I don't miss Wideman and so do many posters here.

His Giveaways that lead to goals were hair pulling worthy. Dougie is going to have a 10x better career than Wideman. I rather have Boychuk, ference or any other Bruins defenseman over Wideman. We booed him because he made a stupid play that led to a goal, a turnover or a penalty. We didn't boo him because we hated him or just felt like booing for no apparent reason.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Agree. He was good for a couple seasons when he first got here.

But he went downhill really hard in his last season, and IMO, hasn't been the Dennis Wideman we saw in his first 2 seasons in Boston since.

Am I happy for the 2 seasons Wideman was here and played well? Yup. Am I happy he's now off of our blueline after his last season in Black and Gold, and do I wish I could erase the memories of that season from my head? Yup again.

Glad he's not wearing a Bruins sweater anymore. We're in a much better place right now on the blueline.

Dennis was playing injured his last year here. He rested during the Olympic break and I believe he payed very well in the playoffs.

I am pleased with the B's D now. I will always like Wideman and wish him well. He seemed like a good kid and everyone on the B's liked him.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wideman was Meh player. Average defenseman at Best. Wideman couldn't hold Dougie's water, stick or whatever you want too call it. I don't miss Wideman and so do many posters here.

His Giveaways that lead to goals were hair pulling worthy. Dougie is going to have a 10x better career than Wideman. I rather have Boychuk, ference or any other Bruins defenseman over Wideman. We booed him because he made a stupid play that led to a goal, a turnover or a penalty. We didn't boo him because we hated him or just felt like booing for no apparent reason.

I thought booing him was stupid.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
1f8ddf6a676811e2866922000a1fbcb1_7.jpg

"we almost got drafted by toronto"
"lol"

Love it

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Dennis was playing injured his last year here. He rested during the Olympic break and I believe he payed very well in the playoffs.

I am pleased with the B's D now. I will always like Wideman and wish him well. He seemed like a good kid and everyone on the B's liked him.

Same. I liked Wideman when he was here and I wish him well. He had his warts, but overall I thought he did more good than bad. Good on the PP, played well in the playoffs and during his time here, was the only dman who could connect on a long tape to tape pass ( which he was elite at ) . While he was with the Bruins, he was easily the best in the Eastern Conference in making long outlet passes.

It's too bad he never got to play here when Seids was around. I have a feeling that he would have meshed well with him.

Chara - Hamilton

Seids - Wideman

Ference - Boychuk

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I was watching Isles feed and their announcer , Howie Rose, mentioned that 3 current B's had fathers play in NHL as well. Been racking my brain all night, got Campbell and Bourque, but who else? Help :laugh:

That's a good one. He might be confusing father with uncle in the case of Lucic, who's uncle is Dan Kesa ( former Vancouver Canuck ).

3rdMangHigh

Jul 22, 2009
Calgary

So you feel qualified to tell everyone how Dougie's career will turn out yet you have no idea how assists are handed out?

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
7 out of a possible 8 points. Our PP Francisco Franco is still dead. Our PK is the most feared in the league.

PP for show, PK for dough baby! When will you mere mortals grasp this? :laugh:

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
so I'm guessing this isn't worth watching bruins in 2?

seguin better go on a tear soon...dunno what his deal is

The last 25 minutes were pretty enjoyable.

It is worth watching for The Dougie chants. And the timeout with 12 seconds to play where NESN focused on the bench as the jumbotron was playing Teach me to Dougie. Unfortunately they may cut the second part out, which would be a shame

Afam*

So you feel qualified to tell everyone how Dougie's career will turn out yet you have no idea how assists are handed out?

Don't start Trouble. Hamilton is going to have a better career than Wideman. Get used too it. Last time i checked, no one was ever compared Wdeman too Orr or Rob Blake. So because some of you guys have been around hockey than me and know more about the game, doesn't give me a right to comment on a player.GTFO. Maybe i should ask you if i should make a thread too. I have been a hockey fan for 9 to 10 years. I'm no newbie. If by me asking questions to better my knowledge makes some people think i dont now the game, then i stop asking questions.

We all having fun and some people had too bring up Wideman and compare him too Dougie. Wideman sticks. Glad to have Dougie on my team. Is Wideman even still with the capitals

Last edited by a moderator:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Why is everyone talking about Dennis Wideshot?

If the B's can figure out a way to get past Cam Ward and win in Carolina should we then talk about Hal Gill?

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.

I think it's pretty clear the gentleman in question makes no pretense of great hockey expertise; else he would have never asked about the assist rule. I'm not sure there's any point in "questioning" his credentials when he hasn't made any claims about them, much less used them to support his assertion (regarding Wideman vs. Hamilton). It's probably more useful if you focus on that assertion (or argument) on its merits instead, if you disagree with it.

Afam*

Why is everyone talking about Dennis Wideshot?

If the B's can figure out a way to get past Cam Ward and win in Carolina should we then talk about Hal Gill?

No. They just miss they Favorite Crush. I even take Paille over Weid. Why dont people talk about him. Weid is gone. Moving on. If he was such a good player, he still be here. Trust me on that. I even take Tomas Kaberele over him. Weid even cost the Capitals some games in the playoffs last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad