Post-Game Talk: Bruins vs. Islanders 1-25-13 B's win 4-2!

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
No. They just miss they Favorite Crush. I even take Paille over Weid. Why dont people talk about him. Weid is gone. Moving on. If he was such a good player, he still be here. Trust me on that. I even take Tomas Kaberele over him. Weid even cost the Capitals some games in the playoffs last season.

Kaberle or Widea$$. Good lord. Do you want to die in the electric chair or firing squad? pick your poison.

What happened to EasyAA?

Afam*

I want to see some votes. Would anyone here take back Weidman. Let's say a wideman for boychuk or paille was on the table. Will anyone do that deal.

Afam*

Kaberle or Widea$$. Good lord. Do you want to die in the electric chair or firing squad? pick your poison.

What happened to EasyAA?

No. A bit of an exaggeration on your part. I kinda forced on that one though. I just hate Wideman as a player.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I want to see some votes. Would anyone here take back Weidman. Let's say a wideman for boychuk or paille was on the table. Will anyone do that deal.

Wideman for Boychuk? Easily Wideman

Wideman for Paille? Again, easy choice. Wideman.

I like Boychuk and Paille for what they are: role players on a team that depends on it's depth to win games. But neither are worth a 40 point dman.

Wideman had a good run here tainted by a season long injury in his final year. The team moved on. Let it go.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011

no, nobody would do that deal

and Paille is pretty much an untouchable on this team, you don't get someone as good at the job he does for the team for that price, he is elite at what he brings to the team

Afam*

Wideman for Boychuk? Easily Wideman

Wideman for Paille? Again, easy choice. Wideman.

I like Boychuk and Paille for what they are: role players on a team that depends on it's depth to win games. But neither are worth a 40 point dman.

Wideman had a good run here tainted by a season long injury in his final year. The team moved on. Let it go.

Fair Enough. I think you starting to change my mind. I defer to your expertise Veddar. I can have an intelligent, mature conversation with someone, but not when someone is being condescending towards. Who are you to tell me, i have no Hockey knowledge. Can you believe what that poster said too me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010

At the very end Wideman feared even touching the puck due to negative reaction from home crowd, and he would not return. I would trade AFAM for return of EASYA no doubt.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Fair Enough. I think you start to change my mind. I defer to your expertise Veddar. I can have an intelligent, mature conversation with someone, but not when someone is being condescending towards. Who are you to tell me, i have no Hockey knowledge. Can you believe what that poster said too me.

What I love about Boychuk is that he's unafraid to target star players for big hits, especially in the playoffs. Vanek, Gagne, Stamkos, Coburn, Kesler, Ellis, and Raymond have all been knocked flat by Boychuk and most of them resulted in injury.

Lucic and Chara get most of the attention in the playoffs as guys to look for in terms of body contact, but honestly the guy I'm paying the most attention to is Boychuk just because his train track hits usually has an opposing star player attached to the railroad.

Afam*

At the very end Wideman feared even touching the puck due to negative reaction from home crowd, and he would not return. I would trade AFAM for return of EASYA no doubt.

Lol. No Trade. EEasy A was Brutally. Afam is kinder. Maybe Wideman was a better player before i became a Bruins fan but when i stated watching the bruins, he sucked.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Down fellas, down......we won tonight. :laugh:

Wides is fine. For whatever reason, the last season in Boston was a struggle. It's a tough town to play in, some do it successfully, some don't. It is what it is.

As much as I liked what Hamilton, Chara, and the 4th line brought to tonight's game, the lack of consistent cohesion on the first three lines is a bit concerting. It's early in the season......of a shortened season. Chalk it up to still getting their ice legs, but that reason's gonna wear off sooner rather than later.

Plus, it was the Isles.

And friggin DiPietro.

The first and second period effort won't beat the better teams in this league. I just honestly had the feeling they were playing to the level of their opponent until the third.

Couple days off now.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
1f8ddf6a676811e2866922000a1fbcb1_7.jpg

"we almost got drafted by toronto"
"lol"

lmfao... dougie is a ****inf beast

i look forward to every game just to see what he does

honestly horton is a dhadow of his former self. he made some awful ****ing passes today. he eshould sort his **** outl our top line is acting terrible. the bergeron line is just ok too, thank god bergerons classic mve worked on rick depeireo.

it would ne bice to see peverley line and kelly working soon

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Wtf is going on here with all the Wideman hate? This is a guy who had 22 points in 30 playoff games while in Boston. Yes he kinda sucked in his last regular season here but more than made it up in the playoffs afterwards and was one of the brighter spots on the B's playoff roster that year. This a defenseman averaging 40 regular season points over the last 5 seasons.

And the guy saying he would take Boychuk and Ference over him... absolutely ridiculous to say at least. Dude was just signed for a 5 year 5.25 M contract, no team in the league would give that money to Ference or Manchuk.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No. They just miss they Favorite Crush. I even take Paille over Weid. Why dont people talk about him. Weid is gone. Moving on. If he was such a good player, he still be here. Trust me on that. I even take Tomas Kaberele over him. Weid even cost the Capitals some games in the playoffs last season.

Uh, we lost to Wideman last playoffs...

Wideman had to play with Hunwick who was worse that one awful year wouldn't have been such a trainwreck if he had a decent D partner. Still the 2 of them sacked up and beat Buffalo. Wideman also led the TEAM not defensemen in scoring that playoffs when the B's were in the conference finals before blowing the lead to Philly.

Wideman also got himself a 5 mil per year contract this summer. He's better than Kaberle. He never was a third pairing D here. Kaberle is already one of the worst contracts in the NHL yet Wideman just got himself a big deal.

I don't mind Wideman no longer being a Bruin but the power play has sucked since he left.

Hamilton gets to play with Chara and Seidenberg hard to compare him to other NHL players b/c of this. Although to Hamilton's credit all PMDs we've had recently have disappointed a little (I'll even go back to Derek Morris) in Boston and Dougie seems like a better fit than all of them already.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not sure what happened, thought I had set the DVR up fine, but clearly didn`t and was sitting down to watch the game with some morning coffee. Oh well, highlights will have to do, nice to see Thorty forget about his gaff in the Ranger game and appeared to have a strong game.

That first pass to Marchand from Dougie..............ya just can`t teach that. I see Looch and Carkner dropped the mitts, haven`t seen any highlights of the scraparoo, was there a clear winner, was it a solid tilt??

Thanks

Shadowthrone

Zombies Welcome
Sep 24, 2006
Franconia, Germany
Not sure what happened, thought I had set the DVR up fine, but clearly didn`t and was sitting down to watch the game with some morning coffee. Oh well, highlights will have to do, nice to see Thorty forget about his gaff in the Ranger game and appeared to have a strong game.

That first pass to Marchand from Dougie..............ya just can`t teach that. I see Looch and Carkner dropped the mitts, haven`t seen any highlights of the scraparoo, was there a clear winner, was it a solid tilt??

Thanks

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1332923

Thread from the fights board with a gif of Lucic's punch.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I may be the only one but I don't think Bourque is that bad. Nor do I think he's sticking out like a sore thumb. He makes good decisions. He just looks too jittery..like he's desperate to make a play. While I like that, he just needs to calm down a bit. He's hardly having a bad time here.

I know he's the new whipping boy but jeesh.

I don't think he is that bad either.

I really wanted him to get a goal last night.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They can. Just got in, too.

Getting worried a/b Horton. That pass to no where in the 2nd period was telling of his situational awareness. Like he was afraid he was a/b to get smoked? There was no one near him, he had time. He's fighting something.

Horton seems like a slow starter every season...also streaky.

Some fans were worried about Looch but he has looked VERY good to me.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
7 out of a possible 8 points. Our PP Francisco Franco is still dead. Our PK is the most feared in the league.

PP for show, PK for dough baby! When will you mere mortals grasp this? :laugh:

Yeah who needs a PP anway ? :sarcasm:

Well the B's did win the cup in 2011 with a not so good PP. I think it went downhill after the B's lost Savvy and has yet to recover.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
7 out of a possible 8 points. Our PP Francisco Franco is still dead. Our PK is the most feared in the league.

PP for show, PK for dough baby! When will you mere mortals grasp this? :laugh:

A Garret Morret SNL refrence, where did you chain up your Lark?

:naughty:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Same. I liked Wideman when he was here and I wish him well. He had his warts, but overall I thought he did more good than bad. Good on the PP, played well in the playoffs and during his time here, was the only dman who could connect on a long tape to tape pass ( which he was elite at ) . While he was with the Bruins, he was easily the best in the Eastern Conference in making long outlet passes.

It's too bad he never got to play here when Seids was around. I have a feeling that he would have meshed well with him.

Chara - Hamilton

Seids - Wideman

Ference - Boychuk

I bet Sieds and Wides would have been good together. I am happy someone else likes Wides. Actually most of the STH who sit near me liked Dennis.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The Boyes for Wideman deal was a great deal for both sides at the time. The Bruins got some very good service from him. He had a bad year. They moved him and picked up Horton. After that move, everyone and their sister was saying how badly the team needed a PMD. Well they opened a hole at defense to fill a need up front, and they moved a guy who'd worn out his welcome with the fans. The guy was no stud in his own end, and he was a turnover machine at the end, but he could skate with the puck and he was a good power play defenseman.

I'm not comparing him to Hamilton, and he's not a "crush", but I liked him as a player. I loved Glen Murray as a player, even when people were trying to run him out of town.

Boston fans are so fickle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad