Post-Game Talk: Bruins vs. Islanders 1-25-13 B's win 4-2!

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I just got home right now. Waiting for the game to be on demand here in a few moments to watch it.
I hear they didn't have a good game till the 3rd and well they won.. Still I want to watch the whole game.

BklyNBruiN...are you in Williamsburg cheering for the B´s just because it isn´t mainstream in your neck of the woods?;)

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I hate when stupid people hate on a player.

I guess I feel like the den mother here but give the kid a chance. We were really pulling for Chris to get a goal last night.

By now we should trust Peter C and Claude J. to do what is best for the team.

People don't understand that when they boo one of their own team's players it hurts the team. If a player is having a tough time and you boo him his self confidence takes a hit and he will play even worse. This doesn't help the player or the B's.

I could see it if the player was being an ass and not putting effort into his game but that usually isn't the case as I see it.

"Fans" will still boo but I think it is stupid. Boo the other team or the refs.

OK done with my rant.;)
A good rant that is!
The good thing is most if not all players do not dump on their teammates if they are going through a rough patch or make a costly mistake. You support the guy in hopes of them moving through it. And when you are in a funk, others support you. Gosh, if finger pointing and blaming went on in the dressing room, a team would certainly collapse.
At the end of the day it's about the team winning isn't it?

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I liked Dennis when he was here. I thought some fans were nasty to him so for his sake I am happy he is not here. Most of the STH near me liked Wides and thought the Boos were uncalled for.

I think if you look at the time he spent in Boston it was more good than bad. In fact he was really good for more than a year.

Revisionism is a peeve of mine, and I normally don´t chirp at you when I disagree with you, m´Lady, but let´s not forget his awful, disgraceful final season with the B´s when he hurt the team much more than he helped them each time he was on the ice. He´d lost something -- his mind in the locker-room, his focus, whatever it was -- and he wasn´t likely to get it back HERE. He deserved the boos he got when he was a trainwreck that season.

This doesn´t take away from his better seasons, but when the fruit is rotten you can´t keep it on the table, saying, ¨It was so beautiful two weeks ago!¨

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
I see his point though. It really can't hurt to switch Horton and Seguin around and see how it works. Seguin did look really good last year when he was on the Lucic-Krejci line when Horton was out.

Personally though, I've been pushing for Seguin to be on Krejci's wing for some time now so maybe it's just how I see it and hope for it. I just think that balances out the top 2 lines more and gives Krejci a much needed speedy winger.

Agreed, Lucic-Krejci-Seguin looked great together last year; if memory serves, though, the Bergeron & Marchand pairing suffered from the loss of Seguin, so he was moved back to that line so as to keep a more balanced line-up. Maybe now with Horton healthy, they can try to switch the two and see if it helps both lines without leaving one noticeably weaker.

Durnberg

Feb 2, 2007
Tuukka played well I thought.

Bourque seemed to have patience with the puck on a few occasions when he was getting pressured, he had patience and made the right, safe play. :handclap:

The fourth line looked good all game, other than that we didn't look like we were in the game for the first 30 minutes.

I don't think we played how we can overall though, I hope not. The shining light through the entire 60 mintues was Dougie Hamilton. I expected this kid to make minor rookie mistakes.... still waiting... unbelievable.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1f8ddf6a676811e2866922000a1fbcb1_7.jpg

"we almost got drafted by toronto"
"lol"

Cute picture...Happy boys :)

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Don't start Trouble. Hamilton is going to have a better career than Wideman. Get used too it. Last time i checked, no one was ever compared Wdeman too Orr or Rob Blake. So because some of you guys have been around hockey than me and know more about the game, doesn't give me a right to comment on a player.GTFO. Maybe i should ask you if i should make a thread too. I have been a hockey fan for 9 to 10 years. I'm no newbie. If by me asking questions to better my knowledge makes some people think i dont now the game, then i stop asking questions.

We all having fun and some people had too bring up Wideman and compare him too Dougie. Wideman sticks. Glad to have Dougie on my team. Is Wideman even still with the capitals

He sticks ???

He is not on the Caps. He signed a very nice deal elsewhere.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
BklyNBruiN...are you in Williamsburg cheering for the B´s just because it isn´t mainstream in your neck of the woods?;)

No I'm not in Williamsburg. Bayridge here ;) I don't understand what you mean by that. I fell in love with the Bruins at the age of about 8 or 9 years old. Little league coach was a Bruins fan and he said I played like a Bruin. With Grit. I have always hated the Rangers, Ugh! :shakehead

Since you mention Williamsburg, I miss the old Willaimsburg, the Old South Side. I don't think anyone in that section of Bklyn is from NY really.

EDIT: Who cares where Bruin fans maybe from. They're are B's fans all over the world and thats a beautiful thing.

Last edited:

Sliney89

Jan 17, 2011
Mooresville, NC
I'm not getting the Bourque hate.

No he hasn't lit it up, but I think most people thought he should have been in Providence anyways, and now they're expecting the moon. I thought he looked decent last night. Skated well, and had very good stick work similar to what we've come to expect from Pevs.

Chara was the guy that had me losing it last night. Obviously the GWG makes up for it, but the Isles 2nd goal was entirely on his shoulders IMO, and then he takes a lazy, stupid interference penalty in a tied game. Not his best night, but it all worked out.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Revisionism is a peeve of mine, and I normally don´t chirp at you when I disagree with you, m´Lady, but let´s not forget his awful, disgraceful final season with the B´s when he hurt the team much more than he helped them each time he was on the ice. He´d lost something -- his mind in the locker-room, his focus, whatever it was -- and he wasn´t likely to get it back HERE. He deserved the boos he got when he was a trainwreck that season.

This doesn´t take away from his better seasons, but when the fruit is rotten you can´t keep it on the table, saying, ¨It was so beautiful two weeks ago!¨

Dennis was playing hurt....every time he came off the ice he was wincing in pain. We wondered why he was playing when he was so clearly hurting. Cloude mentioned (when the B's were in the Winter Classic) how tough Dennis was and how he was playing in pain. He rested during the Olympic break and looked better than most of the team in the playoffs.

Look...I know Dennis had his faults but he never deserved the boos and crap from a few stupid fools. He was excellent on the PP and played almost as well as Chara one year he was here.

oh...and I don't mind if you don't agree with me. ;) You are a good poster and treat others with respect.

OK...I don't know who brought up Wides but he is gone and won't be back so I am moving on.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Before the end of the game, the Garden started playing 'Teach Me How To Dougie'. The crowd was into it, and the cameras started focusing in on Dougie and the guys on the bench were giving him ****. He was laughing and trying not to look up. It was an awesome moment, and seemed like a 'you're one of us moment.'

Huge Dougie fan.

Afam*

He sticks ???

He is not on the Caps. He signed a very nice deal elsewhere.

I Know he signed with a team but forgot the name until i looked it up. The Flames. He got paid Big Bucks. I hope Dougie doesn't ask for that much, because he is going to be a better player than Wideman eventually.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I Know he signed with a team but forgot the name until i looked it up. The Flames. He got paid Big Bucks. I hope Dougie doesn't ask for that much, because he is going to be a better player than Wideman eventually.

Dougie is going to try and get as much as he can. He would be a fool not to.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I got stuck over my Mother-in-law's last night and missed the whole game. There really ought to be laws against that. Oh well, looked like a good game, closer than it should have been.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Before the end of the game, the Garden started playing 'Teach Me How To Dougie'. The crowd was into it, and the cameras started focusing in on Dougie and the guys on the bench were giving him ****. He was laughing and trying not to look up. It was an awesome moment, and seemed like a 'you're one of us moment.'

Huge Dougie fan.

And I am going to D/L the game just for that part :)

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH

Huge Dougie fan.

Yeah I heard that on tv. Hilarious. Maybe dafoomie can get that one on YouTube.

agreen23

Jun 23, 2012
Seguins been playing very, very hard. Hes made some nice defensive plays, has back checked hard and has worked the boards and cycled well.

His hands seem a little out of sync right now. The puck hasnt been bouncing his way. He's pressing hard for a goal and when it comes, I think the flood gates will open.

I would love to see a Looch/Krejci/Segs line. Segs would add a ton of speed and scoring prowess to that line. Looch would have to get his feet moving and play an uptempo style where he becomes an absolute force in the corners in the front of the net. Krejci would have to pick up his pace a bit but would have a lot more space both in the offensive and neutral zone where he could work magic.

Krejci has never really had a burner and I think he'd be able to spring Segs in space consistantly leading to odd man rushes and transition offense. Krejci is just so creative with the puck and pairing him with Segs could be deadly.

Just another thought, would anyone like to see Seguin playing his off wing? He has so much speed through the neutral zone but sometimes gets pinched too far outside to let one rip entering the zone. If he played a role similar to Kovalchuk/Ovi, he could enter the zone with speed, cut across the zone on his forehand and be a threat to pass and shoot. Segs would then have experience at all 3 forward positions and we could move him around a bit to create mismatches.

The only downside to this would be that someone else (Marchy or Looch) would also have to play their off wing as well.

PS Dougie has been a delight to watch. Breath of fresh air. Its been a long, long time since we've had a Dman who can make the long outlet passes, skate it out himself and run a PP without compromising their overall defensive game. Sure helps to learn from Chara and Seids. There will surely be rookie mistakes but I expect to see him learn from them. Hes leaps and bounds ahead of where I thought he would be 4 games into the season with no real TC.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I'm not getting the Bourque hate.

No he hasn't lit it up, but I think most people thought he should have been in Providence anyways, and now they're expecting the moon. I thought he looked decent last night. Skated well, and had very good stick work similar to what we've come to expect from Pevs.

Chara was the guy that had me losing it last night. Obviously the GWG makes up for it, but the Isles 2nd goal was entirely on his shoulders IMO, and then he takes a lazy, stupid interference penalty in a tied game. Not his best night, but it all worked out.

I think the reason I don't like bourque is exactly what you said. He doesn't belong in the NHL or at least hasn't played that way to this point. The question then becomes how many more games does he get to prove himself. 5? 10? Since theses games count more this season I say by game 8 if he doesn't show anything give spooner or sauve a shot to spark the 3rd line

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I hate when stupid people hate on a player.

I guess I feel like the den mother here but give the kid a chance. We were really pulling for Chris to get a goal last night.

By now we should trust Peter C and Claude J. to do what is best for the team.

People don't understand that when they boo one of their own team's players it hurts the team. If a player is having a tough time and you boo him his self confidence takes a hit and he will play even worse. This doesn't help the player or the B's.

I could see it if the player was being an ass and not putting effort into his game but that usually isn't the case as I see it.

"Fans" will still boo but I think it is stupid. Boo the other team or the refs.

OK done with my rant.;)

rant on, LF. makes no sense to boo your own team.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Aside from the 4th line, Bourque was probably the best player on the forecheck last night.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
:laugh:

Nothing to worry about here, that is a Bruin trait you know. The other player couldn't stay on the ice 10 seconds more they had to go for a line change. :banghead:

I know the difference between a blown play and line change. Horton had Krejci and Lucic coming over the line, trailing behind him. D man was 10 feet away from him trying to decide whether to take Horton, or get in the lane and prevent a pass. Horton let him off the hook by just completely throwing the puck away. Was watching from loge, happened right in front of me.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Boo the other team or the refs.

Won't help the Bruins either. Refs do turn against you if they are being booed constantly.
And there is no better feeling than being the target of the boo-birds if you're playing in the home arena of the enemy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad