Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XVII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

do they award the Stanley Cup for trying?

How do you not get these guys if you want to when they aren't going for 1st's?

I'm always scared this is something like being in on everyone but always offering 8.5-9 when others are offering 10, and then saying they tried.
These prices in Zucc/Dzingel/Nyquist have been cheap for deadline rentals.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Simmonds is horrible now. It’s like Lucic in Edmonton now. Guys like him break down quick. And Philly fans can’t wait to move him. They all say the same thing. He sucks.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I cant imagine what a trade for Zucker would look like. He would certainly be a great pickup for this team. I just dont see minny trading him for futures or Boston giving up what it would take to get him. I dont see a scenario where he is traded for non roster assets... I would think the return would be painful and best suited for the offseason.

i would say zucker is mainly a LW in the way that debrusk is. granlund is a guy i'd love to get.
left shot RW, sick skills, signed through 2019-20, and available.

Reactions: goalieman40

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
How do you not get these guys if you want to when they aren't going for 1st's?

I'm always scared this is something like being in on everyone but always offering 8.5-9 when others are offering 10, and then saying they tried.
These prices in Zucc/Dzingel/Nyquist have been cheap for deadline rentals.

nyquist had a NTC, so sounds like he chose the sharks (i would too, they are loaded). zucc went for 2 conditional 1st round
picks. dallas is not getting to the WCF, but the bruins could get to the ECF. no way i'd give a conditional 1st for him - let
alone a 2nd one. that deal fit dallas well since they won't make it and likely won't re-sign him. dzingel was two 2nd round
picks, and he's a LW. think that covers it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Most don’t believe that Backes would waive.
Ottawa should want Backes

Big cap hit lower cash outlay perfect for a floor team

Exactly type of guy you want to mentor and lead Brady Tkachuk and young players

If I’m Ottawa I would accept
Vaakanainen
Backes
2019 1
2020 1 conditional

But Backes has to waive

And Boston could say ‘screw adding Vaakanainen, your nuts we can go hard on July 1’

Bruins need to sign
Carlo
McAvoy
Heinen

Reactions: sleepyh

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
nyquist had a NTC, so sounds like he chose the sharks (i would too, they are loaded). zucc went for 2 conditional 1st round
picks. dallas is not getting to the WCF, but the bruins could get to the ECF. no way i'd give a conditional 1st for him - let
alone a 2nd one. that deal fit dallas well since they won't make it and likely won't re-sign him. dzingel was two 2nd round
picks, and he's a LW. think that covers it.

It's easy to give up conditional 1st's when you are at a WC spot, Dallas isn't going to go far in the playoffs, yes Dzingel can be LW but he'd be one of the best forwards on this team, and didn't even take 1st to get him.
If you are trying to contend you need to upgrade this roster with quality.

Atleast these should make sure Simmonds won't cost a 1st for Sweeney.

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Have to say I'm disappointed we didn't get Nyquist considering how little San Jose gave up for him. If Sweeney doesn't get us a top 6 forward type today that is a failure on his part, no excuses as this has been a position of serious need all year.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa should want Backes

Big cap hit lower cash outlay perfect for a floor team

Exactly type of guy you want to mentor and lead Brady Tkachuk and young players

If I’m Ottawa I would accept
Vaakanainen
Backes
2019 1
2020 1 conditional

But Backes has to waive

And Boston could say ‘screw adding Vaakanainen, your nuts we can go hard on July 1’

Bruins need to sign
Carlo
McAvoy
Heinen

backes is a melnyk dream. large cap hit, minimal financial responsibility (especially after july 1).
problem is backes can only be traded to 8 teams as of july 1, and can't imagine ottawa is part of
that. we'll see. maybe getting scratched in the playoffs is enough to change his mind.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad