Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XVII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I'm still panicked he is going to pay a lot more for a much lesser player in Simmonds.
I am not against bringing in Simmonds as a rental. However, my fear is they trade for him as a rental sign him. We all know how much the Bruins love signing past their prime free agents.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am not against bringing in Simmonds as a rental. However, my fear is they trade for him as a rental sign him. We all know how much the Bruins love signing past their prime free agents.
They can’t resign Simmonds without dealing Backes.

If you mess around with Cap Friendly you see 3 regular RFA (McAvoy Carlo Heinen)

Assuming ????
Carlo 5/20
McAvoy 5/32.5
Heinen 3/7.5

You have DeBrusk up next year

They can add a rental BUT they need to remove Backes $6 M to add a Stone or Hall On July 1

It looks like they could pull it off with Hoffman though - doesn’t make enough

Chara makes $5 M but I don’t think he’s retiring

Logically Chara? and Backes are done in 2 years if you do nothing

Problem is to me
The Bruins are very good but not great and beating
Toronto
Tampa

Just to get to round 3 would be extremely difficult with this team

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Good signings are good signings... what if we got him signed 3 years at 4 mill?

What if we found backes a home in a non cap team like arizona to meet the floor

Save us 2 mill cap space while still giving us that big physical rw we wanted... how much would that be worth to us? A second to land him... a third to dump backes?

Just hypothetical but if he signed to good term id be ok locking him up

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Not buying the theory that Nyquist chose San Jose over Boston, especially if he has family in Detroit.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sonny Milano is probably available for a middling pick so if they wanted to throw some skill at the wall and see if it sticks he’s not a bad option. Had 14 goals in 55 games last year so it’s not like there is no track record there.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Good signings are good signings... what if we got him signed 3 years at 4 mill?

What if we found backes a home in a non cap team like arizona to meet the floor

Save us 2 mill cap space while still giving us that big physical rw we wanted... how much would that be worth to us? A second to land him... a third to dump backes?

Just hypothetical but if he signed to good term id be ok locking him up

If we get rid of Backes and sign Simmonds, all we do is replace one aging power forward with another. Anything short of a time machine, I have zero interest in this player.

Simmonds as a rental I am 100% fine with, but as a long term singing? No, I am 100% against that because he will be another buy out. I am 100% certain in that

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
How do you not get these guys if you want to when they aren't going for 1st's?

I'm always scared this is something like being in on everyone but always offering 8.5-9 when others are offering 10, and then saying they tried.
These prices in Zucc/Dzingel/Nyquist have been cheap for deadline rentals.

Maybe the team trading them wants them out of the division or the player with a ntc wants elsewhere?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Don think outside the box that doesn't include dinosaurs. I will lose it if we see picks/players going for Simmonds. Should this happen it cries desperation and for what? an extra player/pick to land a Stone?

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
This tells me Bruins are not in the Stone hunt...:thumbd:

You're working yourself into a lather here. Settle down :D No need to prepare yourself for disappointment.

The last official tweet concerning BOS and Stone was that both BOS and NSH were outliers and not in the lead like WPG and CAL. Combine that with the tweets that are saying the suitors are having a hard time with the cost of OTT's ask for Stone and we can see that teams in the running are nervous. If not, Stone would have been moved by now. Poile is known for not being afraid to improve his team in deals, but he is also known for being smart about it. I think both BOS and NSH are outliers atm because OTT's ask is just to dang high and they are waiting to see if someone overpays. If no one does then they can wait Dorion out until the price drops around lunchtime.

The smart vulture waits until all the cars have passed before dining.

Reactions: OV

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
I'll guess the price for the Bruins was higher, as they're divisional and DET didn't want to see him often.

I'd love to ask some GM's this question about "Division Rivals." Its not 1978, no matter how much i wish it was. So we play Western Conference teams twice, Conference teams three times, and division foes a whopping four times. FOUR- thats it. Is not trading within the Division really a thing or are fan and media optics driving this phenomena?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
This tells me Bruins are not in the Stone hunt...:thumbd:
Why? They can afford to keep fingers in several pies.

I think we should stop trying to draw conclusions from other deals. I have little confidence Sweeney actually gets what we need, but the main target is still out there. Further, other quality options are off the table, so the pressure to pony up is even higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->