Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1821

Feb 23, 2005
Boston, MA
No I would not. It doesn't mean they are attainable. Acquiring Coyle may change the target from say the NYR?

Makes sense though I would hazard to guess discussions with NYR (since we don’t now need Hayes) and Hawks (playing well) have cooled.... so Stone or Simmonds. Got it ;)

V

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
So Coyle is versatile, but I still see him as a winger. He feels like the Peverly. So, does this mean a 3C is still on their minds? Especially with the Hayes rumors amping up earlier today. Are they still looking for their Horton and Kelly?

OTT - Stone, Duchene
NYR - Hayes, Kreider, Zuccarello
CHI - Saad, Anisimov
LAK - Kovy?
MIN - Coyle, more?
PHI - Simmonds, Voracek

Mostly the usual suspects. Wonder if there’s an under the radar guy they’re going for.

Last edited:

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Right here.

Fine move and I like it. The best part is he kept plenty of powder for a big move. This is a good first step.

(Also, I’m not sure a move of youth for youth is somehow a bragging point for the Kool Aid Krew either.)
Still, it's a move using an area of surplus to strengthen an area of weakness. That's how assets should be managed.
Now, let's see what's next.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
So Coyle is versatile, but I still see him as a winger. He feels like the Peverly. So, does this mean a 3C is still on their minds? Especially with the Hayes rumors amping up earlier today.

OTT - Stone, Duchene
NYR - Hayes, Kreider, Zuccarello
CHI - Saad, Anisimov
LAK - Kovy?
MIN - Coyle, more?
PHI - Simmonds, Voracek

Mostly the usual suspects. Wonder if there’s an under the radar guy they’re going for.
I really believe and hope they got him for their third line Center and will get a legitimate scoring winger soon.

McKenzie was on earlier saying Coyle played his best at Center right after Koivu went down and then went back on the wing and his play suffered.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I really believe and hope they got him for their third line Center and will get a legitimate scoring winger soon.

McKenzie was on earlier saying Coyle played his best at Center right after Koivu went down and then went back on the wing and his play suffered.

Thanks for that. Good to know. So the focus will be on a top forward. Even if it’s a LW like Kreider the line combos can still work to spread the depth and scoring.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I’m not a Cehlarik fan. Could Huberdeau be a target, or better yet, Trochek?? Bruins have been scouting Florida...

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Huberdeau - Coyle - Nordstrom
Fourth line

Or

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
Debrusk - Krejci - Coyle
Cehlarik - Trochek - Nordstrom
Fourth line
Florida would be crazy to trade those.
Sadly, the Panthers are not on Dom's list. :( :naughty:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
As the big catch?
Isn't he mainly a LW?

Stone is the dream, but on Simmonds/Ferland/Dzingel he's the favourite, feel like carries the least risk moving forward and is having a great year.

With Coyle right shot addition him being left shot winger isn't a deal breaker, he's versatile.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Makes u wonder...if Boston was interested in Silver...once he signed, they probably just flipped Donato to get Coyle.

Perhaps Donato was the guy going there?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Kreider would be sweet adding him and Coyle would give them two big bodies who can play and bang with the lightning.

While I understand you build for that potential series I am not looking past Leafs cause superstitious and do not want to jinx the boys :wg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad