Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What are folks thoughts on Zucarello? Think he's a great second option should bidding for Stone get out of hand. Not a good as player but could slide nicely in that 2RW spot. He's also been on fire recently.
I don't think the Rangers are really thrilled with losing him, tbth, Brad, from reading their board and it might be what we saw with Staal in Minnesota, and that's why Coyle became the plan B

REMEMBER, THE Rangers were kinda forced into the trade last year with Tampa; JT Miller/McDONAGH, who at the time was their Captain, AND from what I'M seeing there do they want to lose another "face" of their identity....

it's much like speculating, even if were true, about trading a "core" Bruin player, even if were possible with players have the clauses they have...

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
If the bruins get Stone... then they are going be tough to beat. To me this is the guy you have to land. We have the assets to get it done. Stone and Dzingel would be even better

Reactions: bbfan419

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Does this leave enough dough for a top target, like Stone?

And wondering if this means we could more comfortably include Frederic or Studnicka in a deal now with a youngish center in the mix.
I think with how deadline cap space is calculated we have plenty of room to add a big fish this year, but if we add another guy with term or want to extend a UFA then salary would have to go out somewhere.

part of me wonders if Chara hasn't secretly told Sweeney this is his last year.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

And wondering if this means we could more comfortably include Frederic or Studnicka in a deal now with a youngish center in the mix.
As far as I know there's plenty of dough left. I think around 12m according to capfriendly.

Brad3277

Jul 13, 2004
West Hartford
I don't think the Rangers are really thrilled with losing him, tbth, Brad, from reading their board and it might be what we saw with Staal in Minnesota, and that's why Coyle became the plan B

REMEMBER, THE Rangers were kinda forced into the trade last year with Tampa; JT Miller/McDONAGH, who at the time was their Captain, AND from what I'M seeing there do they want to lose another "face" of their identity....

it's much like speculating, even if were true, about trading a "core" Bruin player, even if were possible with players have the clauses they have...

I hear you but brought him up as I believe his deal expires this year. Admit I'm not aware of how keen he would be to sign on for another long-term deal for a rebuilding team in NY...and he could fetch that team a few good assets.

And if Stone brings in a king's ransom the Rangers might be more willing to move Zucs if someone "settles" for Plan B.

Next few days should be fun.

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
I like the move. Not a sexy move, but fills a hole and makes us better.

Not a brag inducing move by any means. But the GM did his job here.

Nice that Donny gets things started this week also.

Need a big name for the second line and we have the assets to do it.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 5 days.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
My guess is our next trade is for the big Russian Kovalchuk, have always been a fan. I just think the price for Stone will be too much.

Reactions: Strafer

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014

I think it's finally time for Don to decide who his guys from the unproven crew are.

Let's say Vaakanainen, Bjork, Studnicka, Frederic.

The rest can and should be packaged right now. There's enough left over to land a top quality player who can be the difference.

If he gets the choices wrong then at least we tried.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I’m not a Cehlarik fan. Could Huberdeau be a target, or better yet, Trochek?? Bruins have been scouting Florida...

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Huberdeau - Coyle - Nordstrom
Fourth line

Or

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
Debrusk - Krejci - Coyle
Cehlarik - Trochek - Nordstrom
Fourth line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad