Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIV- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Is your trade crazy? A winger for a norris caliber d.... throw in a first to make it a win for us

A first and bozek for krejci... flip bozek for a pick

Perron slides into a top 6 wing job

Bouwmeister leaves as an ufa after this year

Chara retires

Use the 2 firsts to replace krejci

Seems id be very tempted to take your offer and we arent rebuilding... st louis is rebuilding

Marchand - Bergeron - DeBrusk

Perron - Bozak - Heinen

Donato - Nordstrom - Backes

Wagner - Kuraly - Acciari

I dare say that makes us worse at forward. I do not want to go to war with Toronto with this line-up of forwards....

As for defense:

Moore - Pietrangelo

Chara - Carlo

Krug - McAvoy

Very weighted to one side.

I don't think that trade makes us better at all.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If he keeps it up he’s declined in 4 straight seasons, I don’t think the price is nearly as high as you think it is. It almost never is as high as you’d expect for an elite player

He's their best player and a 70 point guy. They can't let him go for peanuts. They HAVE to hit a home run. This is why I don't see him getting moved. There is just not a lot of positive reasons to do it and very few teams willing to shovel out the top tier offers it would take to land him.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
hes certainly public enemy number 1 here... locals seem very excited to get rid of him
then again I remember boston fans being pretty happy to get rid of him

now they complain the same things about Sweeney they used to complain about Chiarelli. my gut call says whoever replaces Chiarelli in Edmonton will get the same critism

I honestly cant defend Chiarelli a lot personally... other than he seems to have a very bad pr manager. if I was trying to defend him I might say that last year vegas betting made the oilers the favorites to win the cup. {vegas betting is done on paper before the games are played. gms are responsible for building a team on paper before the games are played. it seems everyone loved the way Chiarelli built that team before it actually played any games}

some things Chiarelli gets blamed for... moving Eberle and getting nothing back {I agree he got nothing back but Eberle is a 6 million dollar soft as butter defensive weak forward on pace for around 45 points this year}

he gets blamed for reinhart… but reinhart was an Edmonton oil king legend that someone in the oiler power structure had a hard on for. Chiarelli does his job taking feedback from the team like we saw in behind the b's

theres a whole bunch of ex oilers hanging around in Edmonton as special assistents to the owner... kevin lowe, craig McTavish {is he still here?} wayne gretzky, paul coffey, mark messier {is he still here?} who else is gaetz playing golf with? he has the hockey Canada guy bob Nichols with his hand in the pie too. I wonder if Chiarelli is allowed to order doughnuts for the office without running things by these people?

you ask how the general thoughts are by the locals... news broke late after the game tonight but the talk shows and the media heads were very excited as they put the story together. fans I talk to about the oilers have wanted this firing for months now.

personally... I don't expect a lot of changes. I think gaetz main priority is his billion dollar downtown land development deal with the ice district. he needed to overpay McDavid/draisailt because Edmonton market place has a very bad taste in its mouth selling gretzky for cash.

most people don't want to play hockey in sibera so to get a quality middle of the pack freeagent to come to Edmonton has ALWAYS required OVERPAYMENT. getting lucic/sekera here was going to be expensive [you might say neither player should have been brought here}

young teams can play with emotion and over-achieve. we see often a young team surprises everyone with an amazing season one year and then craters. I think cam Talbot got the benefit of being on a team that overachieved and all of a sudden people thought he was a great nhl goalie. I think now we know he is at best a below average starter.

sadly for Edmonton they had a lot of defense injuries and other problems on a team that didn't have deep defense depth to start with. klefbom played hurt all last year and got hurt this year... Larson went through a freaky death of his father situation... nurse has has impossible expectations on him since his draft class and continues to try to do things hes not capable of doing... Russell should be at best a 5-6 depth pair guy... and sekera hasn't been healthy in around 2 years now or even longer

I think Chiarelli got a bit of a bad break here... but he shot himself in the foot too. when he built boston he prioritized character/experience. in Edmonton it seems none of his moves considered character/experience at all. I mean lucic is there only guy with a cup and he has always taken around 40% of his games off at half speed even when he was young and great. you cant have your 1 vet with experience setting an example to the other players of playing only 40% of the games at full effort

I bet the next gm will receive a lot of 'help' from that group of people around the owner and things wont change much. but for today, there is hope in mudville. mighty casey might have struck out but theres still hope for the second game of the double header

I am in Sales, not a scout.

I watched Reinhart play in the AHL 5/6 times for Bridgeport and told Lou and Dan that he was the worst of their D prospects and a bust (behind Pulock, Mayfield, others). Chia basically trades Barzal and Beauvillier for Reinhart.

Before you make a move like that, you better be damn sure about the guy you are getting.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
"McAvoy, Heinen, Donato, Bjork, Gryzlcyk, and a 1st is what we could afford"
be honest...how high are you right now?

Think about it. This is like the Seguin deal.

McAvoy is great when he is healthy, the argument can be made that he has slightly better luck with that than Bjork. Bjork has had season-ending surgery two years in a row and a concussion, so we have seen only a month and change of him in the line-up. Donato is still all potential. Heinen is a young two-way middle 6 forward. Gryz is a middle pairing D. Throw in the 1st in case the previous pieces backfire badly.

Your trading a 70 pt team-leading offensive player for 3 maybe's, a middle D, and a low 1st rounder.
(McAvoy is a maybe because of his health issues. The boy can't seem to catch a break.)

Let me give you an example:

Would you trade David Pastrnak
for
Matt Dumba, Charlie Coyle, Marcus Foligno, Luke Kunin, Joel Eriksson-Ek, and a low 1st?

I sure as heck would not.

We lose a sure-fire superstar for lots of pieces that wont approach the same level of who we gave up.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
"McAvoy, Heinen, Donato, Bjork, Gryzlcyk, and a 1st is what we could afford"

Think about it. This is like the Seguin deal.

McAvoy is great when he is healthy, the argument can be made that he has slightly better luck with that than Bjork. Bjork has had season-ending surgery two years in a row and a concussion, so we have seen only a month and change of him in the line-up. Donato is still all potential. Heinen is a young two-way middle 6 forward. Gryz is a middle pairing D. Throw in the 1st in case the previous pieces backfire badly.

Your trading a 70 pt team-leading offensive player for 3 maybe's, a middle D, and a low 1st rounder.
(McAvoy is a maybe because of his health issues. The boy can't seem to catch a break.)

Let me give you an example:

Would you trade David Pastrnak
for
Matt Dumba, Charlie Coyle, Marcus Foligno, Luke Kunin, Joel Eriksson-Ek, and a low 1st?

I sure as heck would not.

We lose a sure-fire superstar for lots of pieces that wont approach the same level of who we gave up.

Except that Pasta is better, not yet 23 and trending up, while Tarasenko is 27, trending down the last two seasons, and may or may not have a shoulder problem.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Except that Pasta is better, not yet 23 and trending up, while Tarasenko is 27, trending down the last two seasons, and may or may not have a shoulder problem.

While Marchand is more comparable in age, I don't see him as our best player like Pastrnak is.

My point is what we would have to give up for Tarasenko would be a haul and not worth it.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Thinking about next year we have Bergy-Marshy-Krejci-Pasta-Debrusk as locks in the line up, with no surprise trades to our main core forward group.
With no trades, that leaves Heinen, Donato, Bjork, Senyshyn, Celharik, JFK, Studnicka, Lauko, Fitzgerald, and Frederick fighting for 4 spots in the top 9, as I see it, none of those guys are suited for 4th line duties. 10 guys fighting for 4 spots. Realistically, we're not going to play Heinen, Donato, Bjork, Celharik, JFK, or Frederick in the AHL. I think Senyshyn deserves a hard look, and by the looks of Studnicka, he deserves a hard look as well.

My point is we have too many prospects and not enough spots for them. We've drafted well. Our forward group, with the exception of the right side, is stacked. Our D is stacked, and we have some nice looking tenders in the organization, developing nicely.

Sweenuis needs to make something happen because our core isn't getting younger and I truly believe we can match up with TB and the Caps with a few minor moves. Schenn should be here no later than the first week of February. Yes it sucks losing a guy like Gryz but we have Vaak, Lauzon, Zboril all still in the pipeline to step in when needed. That is a luxury to have.

I would like to see our 1st rounder used on a guy like Taylor Hall. Someone of immense impact. Obviously we need to add but our pipeline is stacked and we're in a position to really make some moves here. I am not sure if I'm delusional but I actually think we're going to get two players of impact prior to the deadline that's going to awwwwww our fanbase.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Thinking about next year we have Bergy-Marshy-Krejci-Pasta-Debrusk as locks in the line up, with no surprise trades to our main core forward group.

I would like to see our 1st rounder used on a guy like Taylor Hall. Someone of immense impact. Obviously we need to add but our pipeline is stacked and we're in a position to really make some moves here. I am not sure if I'm delusional but I actually think we're going to get two players of impact prior to the deadline that's going to awwwwww our fanbase.

I was all for this idea however someone here pointed out he most likely will sign with Boston when his contract is up. Connections to Orr and big time bruin fan. It was a shame oilers snagged him over Seguin.

I say wait for Hall. Trade for Dzingel. Bruins need some speed and more scoring.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I've heard more about Tank having a bum shoulder here than in the Blues forum.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Can you post a link to an article which contains actual evidence of the Hayes family carrying out said act? I have heard it talked about ad nauseum for years, but have never actually read any hard proof on it.

All I can find is one speculative article which contains no quotes or actual references. I would not be at all surprised if that story was entirely bull**** created by the Boston media.

No factual evidence, but this Haggs article covers most of the bases:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...-bruins-fall-just-short-jimmy-vesey-derby?amp

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Would Bruins fans have any interest in swapping one of our left-shot wingers for Jake Virtanen?

He's a big right handed, 22 year old power forward. He hasn't put it all together offensively (and maybe he'll never live up to 6th overall status) but he's fast, he works hard, gets a ton of takeaways and hits a lot.

He's on pace for 18 goals and 31 points so if he never improves over what he is right now, you've still got a big, physical, right handed 3rd liner. If he can bump that 18 goals up to 25 you've got a top6 guy.

He's been mentioned in trade rumors before and Vancouver fans are saying he's going to be a healthy scratch next game so he might be available in a hockey trade.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Would Bruins fans have any interest in swapping one of our left-shot wingers for Jake Virtanen?

He's a big right handed, 22 year old power forward. He hasn't put it all together offensively (and maybe he'll never live up to 6th overall status) but he's fast, he works hard, gets a ton of takeaways and hits a lot.

He's on pace for 18 goals and 31 points so if he never improves over what he is right now, you've still got a big, physical, right handed 3rd liner. If he can bump that 18 goals up to 25 you've got a top6 guy.

He's been mentioned in trade rumors before and Vancouver just healthy scratched him so he might be available in a hockey trade.

Nope. Wouldn't trade any of Heinen, Donato, or Bjork for him.

He is getting 15 minutes a game, a bit over 1 minute a game on the PP. No PK. 10 points in his first 20 games this season with 8 goals and people were raving about him however he was shooting 17%. 9 points in his last 30, shooting under 5%, season back to just under 10. Doubt he breaks 30 points this season.

Reactions: Skelen

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Below is a list of unrestricted forwards this summer. Who would Bruins fans be interested in signing?

(I'm asking because I think it affects how you approach the trade deadline.)

Reactions: maxl7

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Below is a list of unrestricted forwards this summer. Who would Bruins fans be interested in signing?

UFA is a losing game aside from elite players. So, Panarin and Stone.

Everyone else should be on short, cheap deals which won't happen because some shortsighted GM will pay out the nose for them.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

Number 3. I want a 1st and 2nd line that can be a threat every single game.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
question is will the Bruins still be buyers by the time they're ready to make a ****ing deal?

If I'm Sweeney I'm scouring the league and minors for the right guy. The guy who fills their needs. I hope it isn't another vanilla player like Heinen or an upgrade on Acciari or the like. They need a Schenn or a swing for the fences type of guy like Mark Stone. Yet another waste of assets for another "well, he may have another few months left in his old worn out bones" like Simmonds. If they're going to use very important assets on anything it needs to get them somewhere in the present and future.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
To me Schenn is just such the obvious piece for us; & depending on what we give up, I don't even think we need another trade. He gives us three line depth for this year & next. And adds another year for Frederic & Studnicka to develop in Providence.

We're loaded with young wingers & young left defenseman; and you can't hang on to all of them.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Well with PC gone and K.Gretzky being named interim Gm perhaps Sweeeny has a new allie at the GM position, that could give him another team to possibly make a deal with, although there isn't much left there, who would be available.

I' d go hard after Klefbom in the off-season ,as he could be Chara's replacement and anchor the left-side for the next 10 years.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Well with PC gone and K.Gretzky being named interim Gm perhaps Sweeeny has a new allie at the GM position, that could give him another team to possibly make a deal with, although there isn't much left there, who would be available.

I' d go hard after Klefbom in the off-season ,as he could be Chara's replacement and anchor the left-side for the next 10 years.
Edmonton is the Western version of Ottawa, tbth..... Nobody is touching anyone who has an NTC/NMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad