Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIV- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I really liked Jared Knight when he first was drafted, I watched him a few times in Providence and loved his drive , felt he could be a 20/20 guy that gives it all someday but he didn’t pan out. I got that Cassidy put him in some weird roles but also just felt like his injuries derailed him and he just didn’t have what it took to make it any further.

I don’t think Senyshyn is anything like Knight. He’s superior in virtually every facet of the game aside from hitting and physical form

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
UFA is a losing game aside from elite players. So, Panarin and Stone.

Everyone else should be on short, cheap deals which won't happen because some shortsighted GM will pay out the nose for them.

Number 3. I want a 1st and 2nd line that can be a threat every single game.

Yeah, I'd go all in on Stone as well.

One name we don't talk about at all is Matt Duchene. He'd be overkill as the 3c this year, but with Sweeney going hard after Tavares, I wonder if Sweeney's still looking for a 20something center (who I assume would replace Krejci).

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Well with PC gone and K.Gretzky being named interim Gm perhaps Sweeeny has a new allie at the GM position, that could give him another team to possibly make a deal with, although there isn't much left there, who would be available.

That's a good point. You'd have to think Gretzky is very familiar with our prospects, attached even. What drafts did he preside over?

Reactions: Strafer

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Well with PC gone and K.Gretzky being named interim Gm perhaps Sweeeny has a new allie at the GM position, that could give him another team to possibly make a deal with, although there isn't much left there, who would be available.

I' d go hard after Klefbom in the off-season ,as he could be Chara's replacement and anchor the left-side for the next 10 years.

I doubt anyone will have to power to move out a real piece until a real GM is named. I see someone like Talbot being moved, Kassian, ect.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
That's a good point. You'd have to think Gretzky is very familiar with our prospects, attached even. What drafts did he preside over?
I believe the 2014 draft - 2016 ? Maybe not even the 2016 draft as he was hired by the Oilers that August

Reactions: PlayMakers

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, I'd go all in on Stone as well.

One name we don't talk about at all is Matt Duchene. He'd be overkill as the 3c this year, but with Sweeney going hard after Tavares, I wonder if Sweeney's still looking for a 20something center (who I assume would replace Krejci).

Honestly I've felt like the Schenn rumors, whether they were real or not, were an indication of this.

Time has a way of making people forget (myself included), but Krejci has had a lot of gaps in his effectiveness over the last several years. He put up a few points in the playoffs last year but there were times he was nowhere to be found. And we all see him ramp up his performance with certain linemates, so part of that has to be irritating for a GM, coach, etc. When you factor in his propensity to get dinged up (no fault of his own), I think looking for a viable 2/3 C makes all the sense in the world.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I doubt anyone will have to power to move out a real piece until a real GM is named. I see someone like Talbot being moved, Kassian, ect.

It wouldn't surprise me if Gretzky keeps the job, anyways I would think by this off season they would have come to a decision.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Talbot is what one of 5 players with one?

Looch, Larson ,Russel and their two keepers.

I don't think this is going to stop the Oilers from making much needed moves.
I don't think Edmonton is in that position, how well or long did it take Sweeney to rectify those mistakes made by Chiarelli here, keep in mind, the Oilers are the Canadian version of the Coyotes, in a sense, how do you luck out on three successive 1 picks, and not including the obvious one in McDavid

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Pretty sad statement when I believe your view of the situation over media pundits. Media nowadays, sheesh.

McAvoy, Heinen, Donato, Bjork, Gryzlcyk, and a 1st is what we could afford. But I doubt that is enticing enough for you guys.
Great package for McDavid. Too bad Chiarelli got canned.

Reactions: Skelen

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't think Edmonton is in that position, how well or long did it take Sweeney to rectify those mistakes made by Chiarelli here, keep in mind, the Oilers are the Canadian version of the Coyotes, in a sense, how do you luck out on three successive 1 picks, and not including the obvious one in McDavid

In the position to do what?

Really not sure what your trying too say?

Last edited:

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
As long as we don't trade Vaak or Studnicka I'm ok, even if we seemingly "overpay" a bit. Lauko may even be the third on my no trade list.

JFK/Frederic are nice pieces and I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to trade them, but they look like high floor/low ceiling type players who are destined to be third liners.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I' d go hard after Klefbom in the off-season ,as he could be Chara's replacement and anchor the left-side for the next 10 years.

I'd rather use the assets on acquiring a quality young forward and bet on Vaakanainen to keep developing.

LD is where Boston is the strongest and F group is where there are already problems, and some problems developing.

Reactions: Skelen and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'd rather use the assets on acquiring a quality young forward and bet on Vaakanainen to keep developing.

LD is where Boston is the strongest and F group is where there are already problems, and some problems developing.

I like that idea but if I could get Klefbom I'm all over it the guys a stud.
A top 4 of
Carlo /Klefbom
McAvoy / Vaak

Would be the best in the league

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->