Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Unless Stone is willing to sign as part of the deal I pass.

I dont like high priced rentals.

Guaranteed that most here that are proponents of going all in will be same that crucify Sweeney when Stone walks.

......or gets an injury shortly after being acquired.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I believe that whatever team he is property of up to July 1 can sign him to 8 years. Once he hits UFA other teams can only offer 7 years.
You could be right thought it was the year they become a free

Meaning if I word this right last year before July 1st he would need to be traded to another so this year he could sign a 8yr deal with current team

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Ottawa wants to maximize their return. Any other team needs reassurance before giving up a basket full of assets.

Reactions: Strafer

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why? they are 500 right now and in danger of missing the playoffs again

What is the point of keeping this unit in tact? it fails year after year.... I would keep Barkov... but these expiring contracts , trade it

Dads due to Panarin& Bob, Hubs just because he's damm awesome, in his early prime and on a cheap contract.

Getting a goalie who can make a save would help them a lot alone.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If your not going to trade for any RFA because your afraid they won't resign with you. You my as well take your bat and go home.

Its a business and needs to be looked at as such.

Looking at it with hope of love, unicorns and stardust is folly.

Its all about value and cost.

Not ‘I hope he likes me’.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Alicat

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Walter, I get it. But what are your limits for this specific player, assuming no contract negotiations prior to trade? If you’ve said already lmk and I’ll search it out.

Im not interested in renting him. What Id offer would be turned down. History will support me in a high price (assets) rental hardly ever brings success.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sure, give up all the assets and hope he likes here. Please stay buddy. Bad business man.

Bad Business? Not If you want to win a cup. He's your best chance and your not giving up all your best assets, your giving up assets.

No-way I see Stone being trade here, but if the sens were willing to move him to Boston you do it and then do your best to get him re-sign by july 1st. if you don't have faith in your management team to re-sign him or be able to bring in other assets through trades or the draft, then you have the wrong people working for you.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Its a business and needs to be looked at as such.

Looking at it with hope of love, unicorns and stardust is folly.

Its all about value and cost.

Not ‘I hope he likes me’.

You can spin it any way you want. Saying its a business and you can't rely on hope, so you don't bring in a potential RFA who gives you a chance at winning another cup is BS. Mark Stone is an elite player and the the award out ways the lost big time.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Bad Business? Not If you want to win a cup. He's your best chance and your not giving up all your best assets, your giving up assets.

No-way I see Stone being trade here, but if the sens were willing to move him to Boston you do it and then do your best to get him re-sign by july 1st. if you don't have faith in your management team to re-sign him or be able to bring in other assets through trades or the draft, then you have the wrong people working for you.
depends in what they give up. A signed Stone will get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad