Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
I think that in the next year or two Donato is going to be seen a lot like Spooner.
There was lots of angst when Spooner was dealt.....pretty big "meh" about him
right now after he's bounced around between NHL teams and the AHL.

Reactions: bbfan419

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Overall I think it’s a good deal. A 5th is whatever and Donato was a name coming out of the Olympics and could still be something, but with the depth at his position he’s a piece that isn’t a great loss. So they’ve added to the roster without subtracting anything for the immediate (next year or two). And room to still add.

Reactions: bbfan419

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
god damn I love this move. The beauty is that he didn't give up anything major so he still has more than enough assets to land a top winger.

That was one of my biggest worries. I was concerned he'd overpay for one piece and limit his options on the other piece. He is absolutely still well-positioned to make another big move.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Not sure there is much marke for Bjork right now with the injuries. Still think Bruins management is high on him. I’m okay with the trade. He may be a player. Maybe not. We have a lot of left winger prospects around the same age.

Now the question for this year. Do they go out and get a rw or center. My guess they go out and get a center and give Coyle ever opportunity with Krejci.
I think Coyle will produce more with a center of Krejci's caliber. Minnesota was never known as an offensive juggernaut of a team anyway.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Makes no sense

Have you ever seen Heinen fight?

Coyle does

Apparently he also gets under opponents skin
I don’t put much stock into a guys fighting ability, but he has 3 fights in his career and the last one was 4 years ago. He’s not much of a fighter.

He’s a big guy who isnt super physical. I remember the bruins trading for a guy like that from Dorchester a few years ago and a lot of people hated his guts. Now I think the comparison ends there and coyle is a much better all around player but I think there are quite a few people who will have issue with his play style

Reactions: maxl7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->