Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Donny will not give Stone that amount of money. They aren't going over 7 Mil. Not when you've got Marchy, Pasta and Bergeron, who are all better than Stone signed under 7 mil. Stone would be smart to take 6.75 on a long term deal here.

I would be absolutely okay with that trade though provided he's extended. For a rental, that's a lot.

That was a different time when cap was less.Economics change every year in this league.Like I said earlier ,not every player gives discounts and Bruins have been darn well lucky there.Where do you think the foolish 6 million for Chara came from this year?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You can pay Stone 10 mill but your going to have to trade a few bodies, while the cap goes up, it`s not like it jumps 8-9 mill a season. Listen, I love Stone, the B`s aren`t getting him for a package of prospects and picks, Dorion already having issues putting arses in the seats, ownership and the building a mess, he can`t mess this up and one sure fire way to do so is to move him for what I mentioned above. If Stone comes over, you can say goodbye to one of a Debrusk, McAvoy/Carlo, sure won`t be a Nordstrom/Vaak and a pick that`ll get it done

I'm not buying it. Chara doesn't need to return your saving a lot of dough right there and as long as you don't have to break up that core your fine. Its a revolving door and as long as you can keep your core and get another cup or two in the next few years you do it.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Due to illness.
23spvr.jpg

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Mr. Slainte says it'll take DeBrusk + Donato + Heinen/JFK + 1st for an unsigned Stone.

Who is going to trade a top 6 winger on pace for 28 goals and still on his ELC next season, a top 9 LW/RW who scored 47 points in his rookie campaign and is turning things around, a top forward prospect, and a 1st in a deep draft for an upcoming UFA? Hilarious.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Some players chase money while others want good money but also want to be on a winning team.

If Boston does acquire him...then are able to offer 8 years, while still making good coin.

If Sweeney was going all in for Tavares he could make it work

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm not buying it. Chara doesn't need to return your saving a lot of dough right there and as long as you don't have to break up that core your fine. Its a revolving door and as long as you can keep your core and get another cup or two in the next few years you do it.
meh, we see things differently although I am AOK with Z not being part of the opening day roster next year despite how much I love and appreciate all he has done. Gotta take the emotional aspect and loyalty aspect out of the decision making IMO

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
While the arguments for trading Stone within the devision have some weight, you have to temper that with the fact that he will have rejected all offers from the Sens to go to UFA, so they are going to lose him to whomever anyways. There is no term. So Dorion might as well just get the best package back no matter who it is from.

Trading Stone to Boston for a rich haul is preferable to trading Stone out west for less, then Stone signing in Boston as a UFA.

Reactions: Flannelman

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Mr. Slainte says it'll take DeBrusk + Donato + Heinen/JFK + 1st for an unsigned Stone.

Who is going to trade a top 6 winger on pace for 28 goals and still on his ELC next season, a top 9 LW/RW who scored 47 points in his rookie campaign and is turning things around, a top forward prospect, and a 1st in a deep draft for an upcoming UFA? Hilarious.
Move along move along the once great obi wan Kenobi said.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Donny will not give Stone that amount of money. They aren't going over 7 Mil. Not when you've got Marchy, Pasta and Bergeron, who are all better than Stone signed under 7 mil. Stone would be smart to take 6.75 on a long term deal here.

I would be absolutely okay with that trade though provided he's extended. For a rental, that's a lot.
Can we get off this "no player is getting paid more than Bergy" nonsense.

Bruins have 3 of the biggest bargins in the game. That's not a reason to not spend on a premier guy, or have some stupid Sinden-esque Ray Bourque cap again.

Stone is not turning down anywhere between 8/72 or 8/80 with Ottawa to sign for 8/56 with Boston post-trade. That's absolute nonsense thinking.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You can pay Stone 10 mill but your going to have to trade a few bodies, while the cap goes up, it`s not like it jumps 8-9 mill a season. Listen, I love Stone, the B`s aren`t getting him for a package of prospects and picks, Dorion already having issues putting arses in the seats, ownership and the building a mess, he can`t mess this up and one sure fire way to do so is to move him for what I mentioned above. If Stone comes over, you can say goodbye to one of a Debrusk, McAvoy/Carlo, sure won`t be a Nordstrom/Vaak and a pick that`ll get it done

I fail to see how Ottawa has the bargaining power here if Stone camp says no to their offer.The clock is ticking and if they wait till thursday for the reply that gives them just over 3 days to get him moved with every team knowing it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
While the arguments for trading Stone within the devision have some weight, you have to temper that with the fact that he will have rejected all offers from the Sens to go to UFA, so they are going to lose him to whomever anyways. There is no term. So Dorion might as well just get the best package back no matter who it is from.

Trading Stone to Boston for a rich haul is preferable to trading Stone out west for less, then Stone signing in Boston as a UFA.

I think theres less weight in this scenario. Since come July he can go wherever he wants.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

surprised he didn`t say the offer was the rights to Koko, Clifton, Chara and a 3rd rounder

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Can we get off this "no player is getting paid more than Bergy" nonsense.

Bruins have 3 of the biggest bargins in the game. That's not a reason to not spend on a premier guy, or have some stupid Sinden-esque Ray Bourque cap again.

Stone is not turning down anywhere between 8/72 or 8/80 with Ottawa to sign for 8/56 with Boston post-trade. That's absolute nonsense thinking.

I agree whats the point of having those great contracts if you don't take advantage of them by bringing in assets to help win another cup.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think theres less weight in this scenario. Since come July he can go wherever he wants.
agree and the Sens are a significant amount of time away from being anywhere near a conversation whose topic is Cup contender, Dorion`s job is to re-sign him or get the best deal for him, East/Western teams

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

When bergeron signed his deal the cap was $64 mill

He got 6.875 per thats 10.7% of the cap

the cap goes to 82 mill next year

Stone signs for 9 per thats 10.9% of the cap

They will make the same percentage wise of the cap at time of the deal.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I fail to see how Ottawa has the bargaining power here if Stone camp says no to their offer.The clock is ticking and if they wait till thursday for the reply that gives them just over 3 days to get him moved with every team knowing it.
They have THE asset that I am guessing most teams would love to have, all it takes is one to make a deal but if there is 2 or 3 fighting for his services, those prices go up I would think but I don`t pretend to know much about supply and demand:laugh:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Unless Stone is willing to sign as part of the deal I pass.

I dont like high priced rentals.

Guaranteed that most here that are proponents of going all in will be same that crucify Sweeney when Stone walks.
I wouldn’t. BecUse I’ve complained Sweeney sits on his hands all year and the tape is out there lol.

I would wonder why Stone would sign anywhere before July though. I mean you get one chance at feeling like the most important guy in the league ala Tavares.

Who wouldn’t want to see what that’s like? Especially knowing one team could come in and just blow the doors off the vault.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
They are a line and another scorer away from challenging Tampa.

They can only hide one line for so long before other lines get worn out. They need at least two forwards. One has to be a legit second liner that can push down a third liner and a third liner. Depending on how Stempiak does you could add him as well.

It’s tough, but Tampa is far away the biggest challenge

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Stone is 26. 10 year deal puts him at 36. What’s the odds this guy becomes a Backes that everyone likes so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad