Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
continued from here:

Proposal: - Bruins Trade Proposals XII - Mod in Op

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
, so maybe it's Gryz + Donato for Stone with conditional 1st if he re-signs.

Sens say THATS it??

It is going to take much more than this to pry stone

Jets are willing go let go of Laine for Stone extension or not

Reactions: lopey

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Sens say THATS it??

It is going to take much more than this to pry stone

Jets are willing go let go of Laine for Stone extension or not
I'm thinking we need to add to that to have any chance at Stone. I'd certainly be willing to add significant pieces to make it happen.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
@CHRDANHUTCH "YOU WERE AWAKE AT 11:30 WHEN that was done, Deal...

what if Staal has Boston on that 10 team list he doesn't want to be dealt to.... STILL want him"

What the hell are you talking about? What was done? At 11:30 this morning (or last night) Eric Staal, or his representatives, stated "Eric Staal will not waive his NTC for the Boston Bruins"? I must have missed that one.

What if Boston isn't on the 10 team list? What if the sky is Brown and we're all colorblind? What if dogs could talk and they told us they hate Kibble? We don't know who is on that list (unless you do, but I highly doubt that). Those lists are as much negotiation tactics as they are sincere lists of places players have no desire to play. You make the offer and let the GM take the opportunity to him.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Glad to hear that not only are we all in on Stone but that Sweeney would have to be offering up a pretty penny to keep in the talks with all the western conference teams interested. That means Dealin Don is serious and we can look forward to not seeing names such as Vanek and Zanon incoming to plug holes.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Ottawa is rumored to want a 1st, an NHL ready prospect and another prospect/player for Stone...

1st
Lauzon (NHL ready prospect/player)
Cehlarik/JFK/Senyshyn... any B prospect you want OR another pick.

Not to be a bubble burst-er but:

I just don't see Ottawa, dealing Stone to the Bruins, but Duchene and Dzingel maybe, but Stone is the face of their franchise and their not going to take the risk of not only trading that player within the division but having to play against him for the next 7 years. If he is traded its out west.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

I just don't see Ottawa, dealing Stone to the Bruins, but Duchene and Dzingel maybe, but Stone is the face of their franchise and their not going to take the risk of not only trading that player within the division but having to play against him for the next 7 years, if he is traded its out west.
thank you, TCB, that's the point I'M MAKING HERE, but I just don't see Ottawa dealing any of them for the same reason you are mentioning without a 3rd team and Brooks is Brooks, for those who are wondering about a legit source, you have to take him with a grain of salt......

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I just don't see Ottawa, dealing Stone to the Bruins, but Duchene and Dzingel maybe, but Stone is the face of their franchise and their not going to take the risk of not only trading that player within the division but having to play against him for the next 7 years. If he is traded its out west.

Everyone is saying Sens learnt their lesson and will trade for best return this time around

They got a raw deal on Karlsson and Hoffman ... not this time

The only question is...is Jacobs willing to make Stone the new face of the franchise and pay him 11 million per season

That is what he wants

Reactions: lopey

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Who is this guy?

Legit?

He’s way more legit than your insistence that Heinen must be dealt to return a decent player.

Per your last post in the previous thread...

If those other guys don’t “move the needle” towards Tampa (which I don’t buy), what 30-35 goal wing other than Stone is available?

As far as Kovalchuk not waiving to come East, this was reported two weeks ago:

Kovalchuk willing to consider trade — The Fourth Period

Reactions: Alicat and lopey

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Thats not enough

1st, Heinen, Grz

Is realistically what it takes

Disagree. That would be more than any rental has gone for, for as long as I can remember. You can argue Stone is a bigger name then anyone traded in the last 10 years, but the biggest deals of the last 10 years for the top names is almost always a couple of picks, prospect, and possibly (not always) a young roster player.

Biggest NHL Trade Deadline deals in past 10 seasons

Take a look at this article to refresh on some of these deals.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad