Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Only way I see Sens trading him to us is as a rental. Meaning Ottawa talks to Stone, doesnt want to re-sign with them, says he will test FA market in summer. Ottawa doesn't allow teams to negotiate a deal with him and deals him as a pure rental.

In that scenario it makes complete sense to trade for best possible return regardless of where you deal him. IF Stone decides to let the Sens brass know he won't sign with them but would like to take advantage of the trading team being able to max his term and is given opportunity to negotiate with the new team, I see no way that the Sens trade him to direct competition for the next 8 years when they could easily trade him out west for basically the same type value most likely.

Super interested to see how this unfolds.

Reactions: Strafer

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
No... not worth it for the sens

Why would they want spare pieces ? Its the same mistake they made for Karlsson

**oops didnt see grz/heinen

...all of that would be too much

Hardly. I don't really have the time to look into it too much but the returns on top roster players I don't think is as good as you think

Just off the top of my head...

Karlsson to SJS
Duchene to OTT (turned out to be lopsided but the Sens playing so poorly after nearly making it to the SCF was a surprise)
ROR to STL
Pacioretty to Vegas

All trades of big name players with average returns (again the Duchene return for the Avs obviously not average now but at the time it was)

I don't think the Bruins offering a bit of quantity over quality would be underpayment at all. The Sens are rebuilding. I don't think they would shy away from longer term projects like Frederic, JFK, Donato, etc.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Peter Schaefer, the product of Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan and a former Brandon Wheat King. Oh how I wanted to you be a 20/30 guy for the Bruins. I wanted it SO much!

If the game was all about shielding the puck from the opponant with your ass while facing the wall, Schaefer would have been a HOFer.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hardly. I don't really have the time to look into it too much but the returns on top roster players I don't think is as good as you think

Just off the top of my head...

Karlsson to SJS
Duchene to OTT (turned out to be lopsided but the Sens playing so poorly after nearly making it to the SCF was a surprise)
ROR to STL
Pacioretty to Vegas

All trades of big name players with average returns (again the Duchene return for the Avs obviously not average now but at the time it was)

I don't think the Bruins offering a bit of quantity over quality would be underpayment at all. The Sens are rebuilding. I don't think they would shy away from longer term projects like Frederic, JFK, Donato, etc.

I agree

Bruins have quantity adv which may look attractive for the Sens

Reactions: bbfan419

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Ottawa is rumored to want a 1st, an NHL ready prospect and another prospect/player for Stone...

1st
Lauzon (NHL ready prospect/player)
Cehlarik/JFK/Senyshyn... any B prospect you want OR another pick.
If that's all it takes, sign me the F up now. I'll even pick him up at Logan.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
As much as i want Stone, " all in " kind of worries me. If the play is for Stone, yes, that signals that they're all in but without a follow up trade for a quality third liner, we still won't be beating Tampa. Get Stone, get Coleman or another guy who can help shore up that 3rd line, and let's do this thing

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Stone

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pasta

Cehlarik -- Coleman -- Heinen

Kuraly -- Acciari -- Wagner

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I think the Bruins have more attractive (that they'd be willing to give up) pieces than the Jets or Calgary, the two other main "suitors" for Stone.

I'd assume McAvoy, DeBrusk and Carlo are non-starters.

My guess is that the opening ask from Ottawa would be:

Heinen
Donato/Vaakanainen
Zboril/Frederic/Forsbacka-Karlsson/Bjork
1st round pick

Reactions: bbfan419

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
As much as i want Stone, " all in " kind of worries me. If the play is for Stone, yes, that signals that they're all in but without a follow up trade for a quality third liner, we still won't be beating Tampa. Get Stone, get Coleman or another guy who can help shore up that 3rd line, and let's do this thing

I think it would be

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Stone
Wagner Acciari Kuraly
? ? ?

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

Just roll the top two lines 22 minutes a night and enjoy the fireworks. There's not a single 3C out there that's going to fix that bottom-6 by themselves, so might as well lean into your strengths.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
1st+ whoever prospect not named Vaaks+ Grzelcyk after having few talks with Stone knowing what he's looking at on his next contract.

Stone is a franchise forward and could settle the 2nd line for the next 5+ years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Well his rumblings is not good news for your boy Heinen prospects to stay as a Bruin

Do I want to keep Heinen and obtain Stone?

Absolutely

But If Iam the sens I want a young cost controlled nhl player that has potential

Outside of Heinen, Debrusk, McAvoy...who do the Bruins have

Heck I would be asking for Debrusk, McAvoy... obviously Bruins reject

But if Sens ask for Heinen... I would bite the bullet and do the trade

Are you telling me, you wouldnt?

Outside of Heinen, DeBrusk, McAvoy, who do the B’s have?

Grizz, UV, Frederic, Studnicka, Lauzon, Donato???

I would trade Heinen as part of a package for a signed Stone, but I still think that defeats the purpose.

As good as Stone is, I don’t think that:

63-37-Stone/88
74-46-88/Stone

Along with two 4th lines gets it done against Tampa. Still need a 3C especially if you deal one of the B’s only legit 3rd line players.

Reactions: Estlin and Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Well one would have to hope he is a very high character guy and knowing a team thinks that much of him to go all in he will then have his agent hammer out a longterm deal with them.Rumors going round Ottawa offered him 10.5 × just 5 yrs.Far as Tampa the Bruins play them 3 times head to head yet so we will see where we are vs them.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think the Bruins have more attractive (that they'd be willing to give up) pieces than the Jets or Calgary, the two other main "suitors" for Stone.

Heinen
Donato/Vaakanainen
1st round pick
I'd give up all of that for Stone.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Heinen
Donato/Vaakanainen
1st round pick

Not unreasonable if Bruins can negotiate with his agent before the trade. I'd pull Vaak off that list, but if it ended up costing Boston Heinen, Donato, Zboril, 1st rounder I'd do it in a heartbeat if Stone was signed. Unsigned, I pull back Heinen and try to make the pick conditional.

Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad