Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
That doesn't make much sense. So we're using hit power to determine if a player is soft or not? Haha

You're moving the goal posts which you seem to be great at doing. The question was who is big that plays small but don't let the actual question get in the way of you trying to win an argument again.

Reactions: TCB

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
Depending on the cost, I think Silfverberg would fit really nicely with our forward group. I know a center is probably more important but he seems like a good pickup.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I like Kuraly Nordstrom Wagner Backes all as 4th liners before Kassian. He takes awful penalties at the most inopportune times. I’m a firm pass on that meathead

He was skating with McDavid and Drasaitl tonite .He could easily fit on Bruins 3rd line .I watch him play alot and he is way smarter with puck then most know.That said I respect your opinion.That is what is great about this site is all the different takes.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What about a Dzingel + JGP package deal?
Yeah, I'd be curious about that. I like package deals and especially if you trade for two guys who played together and came as a package. I think it makes them both way more comfortable and easy to acclimate to the situations/new team/ They can generate a ton of positive energy.
Kinda like adopting two puppies from the same litter.:cool:

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The Sens committed to a date when they would make it known whether Duchene and Stone would be available. Do I recall correctly that they said it would be ten days before the deadline?
I think that it was 3 days or so ago (Feb.10/11th). I believe that he said that he would either sign them or come close to signing them and if he didn't within ten days he would open up trade talks for them IIRC. So maybe we should know by Feb 20-ish?!?!?
EDIT, I was wrong: Actually in the next couple of days
according to the below article (submitted on February 9, 2019) and in particular the bolded.

Senators nearing decision time on Duchene, Stone, Dzingel - Sportsnet.ca

“Ottawa is letting teams know if any of their players are going to be available, including the three key ones: Duchene, Dzingel, and Stone,” Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman said during Saturday’s Headlines segment on Hockey Night in Canada. “Teams will know about 10 days out before the deadline hits, so that looks like it’s the middle of next week, when Ottawa will begin to let other teams know, are any of those UFAs going to be on the market … or are they going to be staying Senators.
2nd edit: You're assumption from the beginning was correct, as is/was mine they both equal out to around February 15th!!;):yo:

I wonder if Stone/Duchenes agents have plans for Valentines day, better to postpone and get it done is they want to stay?

Last edited:
Reactions: jangerhofer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You're moving the goal posts which you seem to be great at doing. The question was who is big that plays small but don't let the actual question get in the way of you trying to win an argument again.

It's the same thing..... Dance around the question over semantics though. I would too if I made a comment that really didn't make much sense.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Is it just me or does it feel like 99% of the time, these scouts sightings never turn into anything? It's still good info to look at but I feel like at the end of the day it's pointless.

Scouts...scout.

If you want a guide, look for the occasions when front office personnel like GM’s, AGM’s, and Dir’s of Personnel are also in attendance with the scouts.

You knew there was serious discussions going on between STL and BOS because the Blues had all their FO guys in Boston when the teams played.

A few weeks ago, Scottie Bowman (consultant for CHI) was in the house.

Those are the types to look for.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I like Kuraly Nordstrom Wagner Backes all as 4th liners before Kassian. He takes awful penalties at the most inopportune times. I’m a firm pass on that meathead

If Boston traded for Kassian my question becomes how many fourth liners does a team need. Kassian would be an up grade over what we have in some areas (toughness and scoring) . The only way this helps is if you are moving a fourth liner (Acciari,Backes) and still adding a third line center and another RW

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
It's the same thing..... Dance around the question over semantics though. I would too if I made a comment that really didn't make much sense.

Who cares about this stuff? Honestly it's a trade board, not arguing over players style.

Moving on, we keep talking about Stone, Hoffman, Silverberg, Kassian and I notice none of those guys do anything to address our problem of 3C.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Who cares about this stuff? Honestly it's a trade board, not arguing over players style.

Moving on, we keep talking about Stone, Hoffman, Silverberg, Kassian and I notice none of those guys do anything to address our problem of 3C.

When has being off topic ever stopped anybody. I’m still trying to figure out how guys don’t feel it when Carlo hits them?

The B’s need to add a wing and a center imo, and probably in two separate moves unless they can “one stop shop” with a team.

If Heinen can continue to produce with the 1st line, you might be able to get away with a lesser wing (like a Silfverberg) and go:

37-63-43
22/74-46-88
22/75-Trade-Trade

If the B’s are able to get a higher end wing like a Stone (depending on who goes the other way):

63-37-88/Stone
22/74-46-88/Stone
22/74-Trade-43

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'd be surprised if Ottawa dealt Stone within the division. Chara left via FA and look at the effect that has had over the past decade, Bruins also cashed in taking Ryder from the Habs via FA and he helped win a cup

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'd be surprised if Ottawa dealt Stone within the division. Chara left via FA and look at the effect that has had over the past decade

Yeah,

Stone a Pipe Dream, a nice Pipe Dream, but still a Pipe Dream.

The only upside for Ottawa is if they do trade him to the Bruins, they'll probably have at least two more sellouts next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad