Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Contined from here:

Proposal: - Bruins Trade Proposals IX - Mod in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What timing

The single most rational post in that thread closes it

Omen

Reactions: CDJ

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruinsfan 94 I would love Kassian on Bruins but not Lucic.I watch him lots out West here and he is alot smarter with puck then most know.Plus legit tough guy who actually skates really well.Great cap hit.Yup Take Kassian .

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I gotta say, the more I look around and think of the prices the more I'd like them to try and do a simple ELC prospect for prospect swap before the road trip and then dive in deeper closer to the deadline if that didn't work out.

Edmonton is scouting the Providence Bruins now and Gretzky is running the show in Edmonton who also drafted many of the prospects in the system. How about:

To Boston:

RW Jesse Puljajarvi

To Edmonton:

LW Ryan Donato or C Jakob Forsbaka-Karlsson
C Cameron Hughes

Or another prospect for the attempt to get Puljajarvi out of Edmonton and onto the second line in Boston. If it doesn't work out, no big loss as the trade is a lateral right now and he joins the third line for the future. A LW and C swap for a RW prospect who has managed to stay in the NHL but on a franchise that doesn't seem to be able to develop their prospects and a winning culture.

Then you go shopping for a bigger fish to fill that hole after the road trip.DeBrusk goes back to his natural wing and maybe Puljajarvi finds his game in Boston. Could end up being a steal and maybe Donato or JFK find success in Edmonton.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Sounds like a losers attitude, and if that's what management is thinking they should all be kicked to the curb.
Management actually didn't say anything about standing pat in the article. Matt Porter is the one that did.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
As trade deadline nears, Don Sweeney says Bruins ‘can use a little boost’ - The Boston Globe

■ The Bruins, on track for their third straight playoff appearance after a two-year DNQ funk, do not profile as an easy out this spring.
They get quality defense and goaltending on most nights (third-fewest goals per game allowed in the league). They can win the tight ones (14-4-8 in one-goal games, tied for fifth-most wins).

They have four proven, productive lead dogs among their top six forwards. Coach Bruce Cassidy has four quality fourth-line types who can check scoring lines and kill penalties while chipping in the odd goal.

Has Toronto’s addition of defenseman Jake Muzzin given the Leafs an edge in what would probably be a coin-flip playoff series with Boston? Could the Capitals or Islanders bump out the Bruins with their physicality?

With six games before the deadline, management doesn’t know. General manager Don Sweeney and team president Cam Neely said Sunday in a chat with season ticket-holders that they hope to add a piece to solve their most pressing need.

“I wish I could grab Harry Potter’s wand, for crying out loud, tap you on the head, and you’d tell me exactly who I need to trade for,” Sweeney told a fan at the annual “State of the Bruins” event at TD Garden.

The Achilles’ heel,” Sweeney called his team’s lack of even-strength pop. “We’ve been wondering what our team looked like with some balance, when it’s healthy. We can still use a little boost in that area.”

Reactions: Coach Parker

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
They aren't beating Tampa or Toronto?

If that's true, then what's happening next year to make you think they'll have a better shot then? Or the year after? Because I don't see any prospects in the pipeline who look ready to help vault us over either of those two teams in the near future. Not sure the best plan is to just close our eyes and wait for something good to happen. And aside from TB, it sorta feels to me like the East is wide open. I think a GM with good goaltending, good health, cap space and the top line in hockey would be quite the fool to let a season like this pass without much of a whimper.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Sounds like a losers attitude, and if that's what management is thinking they should all be kicked to the curb.
I really hate the "stand pat" mentality. Even if you think you're a longshot to go all the way you've gotta do what you can to push as far as you can.

Why? because:
  1. playoff experience is extremely valuable. I want the Bruins young guys to get as many playoff games as they can. Going to game 7 of the ECF is absolutely preferable to a first round exit even if neither yields a Cup.
  2. With the parity in today's NHL and injuries being so unpredicatable, teams can 100% go all the way if things fall in their favor. Getting in is important and adding the talent to capitalize if an opportunity opens up (say Kucherov blows out a knee in the first round) can be the difference between advancing or not.

Reactions: Strafer

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
“I wish I could grab Harry Potter’s wand, for crying out loud, tap you on the head, and you’d tell me exactly who I need to trade for,” Sweeney told a fan at the annual “State of the Bruins” event at TD Garden."

Uh, if Don does not know who to trade for at this point....

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
If that's true, then what's happening next year to make you think they'll have a better shot then? Or the year after? Because I don't see any prospects in the pipeline who look ready to help vault us over either of those two teams in the near future. Not sure the best plan is to just close our eyes and wait for something good to happen. And aside from TB, it sorta feels to me like the East is wide open. I think a GM with good goaltending, good health, cap space and the top line in hockey would be quite the fool to let a season like this pass without much of a whimper.
I was actually just responding sarcastically to the post. I'm very optimistic when it comes to teams I root for and I can see this team winning it all even without help. I think that if they do get help here in the next couple weeks I will feel that they even have a better shot at doing so. And I agree that all it takes is great goaltending to get far in this league.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
"“I wish I could grab Harry Potter’s wand, for crying out loud, tap you on the head, and you’d tell me exactly who I need to trade for,” Sweeney told a fan at the annual “State of the Bruins” event at TD Garden."

Sorry, but this is just an idiotic response. On so many levels.

This was actually scary to read.

State of the Bruins: 'We Need Harry Potter Wands'

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
"“I wish I could grab Harry Potter’s wand, for crying out loud, tap you on the head, and you’d tell me exactly who I need to trade for,” Sweeney told a fan at the annual “State of the Bruins” event at TD Garden."

Sorry, but this is just an idiotic response. On so many levels.

I truly hope the fan was about 5. :shakehead

He's a joke, Its his job to figure out what he needs to do and if he can't, get him the hell out of there, for someone who's not wishing they had Harry Potters wand to help him out.:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->