Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not a Shenn guy unless we get him for peanuts.

If we're moving guys like Grizz,Heinen etc then we should just add more to it and go for a game changer. What does Grizz, Heinen and Vladar get you?

If you're going for it then go for it.

Your post really doesn't suggest it though.

Boston has 2 young game changer assets on the roster and I wouldn't trade either, not even close to a package of Grizz+ Heinen+ Vladar.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Tarasenko has shoulder surgery, will be evaluated at Blues training camp

I should clarify that it isn't a new injury but related to the end of last season where he dislocated his shoulder and required surgery in the off-season. The issue seemed to be he hasn't been able to regain the same strength in his shoulder that helped him generate such a powerful wrist shot. I'm no shoulder expert so I have no idea how normal this is or how long these things tend to take to heal so it stood out as as a red flag to me. As I said before any major top-six addition should be to compete this year and I just don't know if Tarasenko is going to regain form or not.
Thanks. You are right. Thats a huge flag if he is still bothered by it 9 months later

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Thanks. You are right. Thats a huge flag if he is still bothered by it 9 months later
This is a narrative being pushed by a couple reporters and some fans trying to explain his production. Tarasenko and the team say no issues. Perhaps there is issue of confidence in letting shot rip, but he doesn't seem to be favoring it or anything. He actually got off to solid start to year before having terrible December. He was playing 2-way hockey and hurling his body around with abandon. Now he just seems to be in a funk. He was one of the staunchest public supporters of Yeo and his poor play has come after the firing, so I would think issue affecting him is more likely about 6 inches above his shoulder.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
This is a narrative being pushed by a couple reporters and some fans trying to explain his production. Tarasenko and the team say no issues. Perhaps there is issue of confidence in letting shot rip, but he doesn't seem to be favoring it or anything. He actually got off to solid start to year before having terrible December. He was playing 2-way hockey and hurling his body around with abandon. Now he just seems to be in a funk. He was one of the staunchest public supporters of Yeo and his poor play has come after the firing, so I would think issue affecting him is more likely about 6 inches above his shoulder.

As an outsider there isn't much to go off of so it seems like a fair concern to have. The shoulder could be healthy but muscles like that tend to need a while to get to the same level of strength as he had previously. As far as his play goes I'll defer to Blues fans. I'm a big Tarasenko fan and would like nothing more than to see him return to form with the Blues or whatever team trades for him. Thanks for the insight!

Reactions: Blueston

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I kinda wished donny had flipped spooner for ryan strome . Excellent 3c optiom only 25 yrs and has been picking up his play lately . It would have been a cheap effective move . I don't like what I'm hearing that Armstrong is wanting vak or Frederic for schenn. Donny has to find cheaper moves without losing blue chip prospects.
Strome = Hamilton

Reactions: Strafer

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I kinda wished donny had flipped spooner for ryan strome . Excellent 3c optiom only 25 yrs and has been picking up his play lately . It would have been a cheap effective move . I don't like what I'm hearing that Armstrong is wanting vak or Frederic for schenn. Donny has to find cheaper moves without losing blue chip prospects.

Where did you hear that he wants Vaak or Frederic for Schenn?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The line was doing just fine with Spooner - Krejci himself confirmed he liked the line before the trade deadline.
Please explain how a week or two of looking okay on the second line while continuing to be soft and bullied along the boards was a good second line. Spooner has been moved several times in the past year for a reason.

You say Nash did ok? How so?
His point production and style made that line more dangerous than with Spooner. The line improved with the addition of Nash. That's a success in my book.

He had his 3rd or 4th concussion due to the RISK we all knew. Not going to debate this any longer however some of us felt the RISK was not worth it and as it turns out we were right. Thinking there were other options out there. Replace "illusion" with "risk".

You'll have to forgive me, I remember the Risk being talked about in reference to his offensive production, not his concussion history.

The odd thing to me is some folk want him back?

I would rather see him retire and have a good home life, he has family who needs him healthy and the rest of his life to think about.
But let me ask you this. In your opinion, would a DeBrusk-Krejci-Nash line be better or worse than our current DeBrusk-Krejci-Random Person to Fill the Hole?

It was nice to see Don "going for it". It was the right time and this year is no different in fact it's the perfect time to go for it however it better be for a speedy young scoring winger.

Agreed. In fact I would say the same applies for last year as well. Would rather have had an acquisition for a younger longterm solution. I just dont think the options where there that had a reasonable pricetag that would not have made the team worse rather than better.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I’ve pretty much ruled out Ottawa players but man would Duschene look good here. That being said he is a bit of a losing player. My guess is the ask from the in division Sens would just be astronomical.

For the price of Duchene we could get Stone. If we are considering paying top price then Stone IMO is the better option for us.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think the Bruins have a single elite prospect. They are all in play as far as I’m concerned.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t good or don’t have a deep system. They just seem to have a bunch of nice pieces to me, not any 1st liners or #1 defenseman. There are certainly guys I’d prefer they keep over others but nobody should be untouchable

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
I don’t think the Bruins have a single elite prospect. They are all in play as far as I’m concerned.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t good or don’t have a deep system. They just seem to have a bunch of nice pieces to me, not any 1st liners or #1 defenseman. There are certainly guys I’d prefer they keep over others but nobody should be untouchable

That's because when a prospect is recognized as elite, they tend to become full time NHL players and are no longer prospects.

Anyone who is a clear first liner or #1 D will be a full time NHL player and not a prospect.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

I'm with you. I'd love to be able to pull off a deal with prospects and keep the base of NHL roster intact. I think it's a little bit silly myself putting Vaak and Studnicka in an untouchable zone.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Points alone is a terrible, horrible, no good way of assigning line levels to players.
You're right, he needs to be more physical to be a fourth liner. He is suppose to be a skilled point producer, he isn't, he is a solid defensive forward who isn't producing, there are tons of them in the NHL and capable replacements in the AHL. If he can be part of a package to upgrade the forward lines he should be.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
What about Brandon Pirri in Vegas? He had 6 goals in his last 7 games then got sent down, maybe we could get him on the cheap, would be a good player for the third line I would think.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

No one is untouchable in my opinion, but unless the guy coming back is of the first line or top pair variety, I'd rather live with growing pains instead of doing the standard halfassed going for it, with pretty disappointing results.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

A player like Schenn will cost a lot. But he's under contract next season and is only 27. I'd love for him to work on the wing with 46 and 74. It could make DK expendable in the summer and Schenn can slot in to the 2C spot.

I think he fits. I think the Bruins have the assets to get him. But as has been said on here, the Blues are kind of in flux management wise. We shall see.

Reactions: Strafer and CDJ

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

Moreover, I don't think the Bruins 1st round pick in 2019 is off the table. People seem to think it is, I disagree. If Donny needs to move the 1st for an impact player, he should do it. He can always move pieces on draft day to get back into the 1st round. Case in point, look what he did in 2015 with Lucic, Jones, Hamilton...etc...

I think there is a nice challenge here for Sweeney - can he add important pieces to the roster without selling key roster players like Krug and Grzelcyk...and do all of this without losing out on the 2019 first round? I think it is possible and if he pulls it off, the Bruins could maximize the current cup window AND reboot within one year.

Reactions: Strafer and CDJ

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Vak lauzon Federic donato I consider blue chip and should be only traded for young impact roster players. If not stay in system.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Blues fans on the trade forum seem to want a young LHD for Schenn. One offered Lauzon + JFK...if that's what it takes I take it in run. But I feel like they'd want something a bit sweeter, just think you would have to swap one of those players for either Frederic or Vaakanainen

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Vak lauzon Federic donato I consider blue chip and should be only traded for young impact roster players. If not stay in system.

I’m for sure not advocating moving a guy like Vak for a rental, I just want to make that clear. I agree that if those guys get moved it needs to be for more than half a season of a guy

Reactions: Son of Donegal

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Blues fans on the trade forum seem to want a young LHD for Schenn. One offered Lauzon + JFK...if that's what it takes I take it in run. But I feel like they'd want something a bit sweeter, just think you would have to swap one of those players for either Frederic or Vaakanainen

I would think that any proposal the Blues would consider for Schenn includes Vaak, and this is non-negotiable. Lauzon is too speculative, Grz is best suited as a bottom pair guy.

Vaak + Heinen + 2nd is probably what they are looking for. Maybe accept a first rounder instead of Heinen.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don’t know what this means? Every deal has some element of risk.

If you are saying there were better players available, who were they?

Stastny (injury prone), Kane (had risk), Brassard (meh), Grabner (meh).

Not sure who was available that was so much better than Nash?

Respectfully, J.D. Miller and McDonaugh were the targets that I felt would put the Bruins in a
much better position. I know the cost would've been crazy high and that the cap implications
also would've be other-worldly (practically) impossible but those two and a lot more luck with injuries
and the B's would've been in the finals IMO. Of course that's fantasy land but that's part of what we
play with here. Even though Miller would've been impossible to fit in, McDonaugh would've changed the
dynamic of the defense and laid out some Lightening forwards.
Anyway, we throw so many names around here that even if 2% of the acquisitions happened it would be
chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad