Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Wow, why did I think Saad was older than 26?

Same age as Toffoli, younger than the other guys we are talking about. I realize that he’s trended down the last two years, but most of the players we are talking about on are slumping or bad teams and the B’s would be assuming they returned to previous form.

A guy I was interested in earlier this year (along with some others here) was Silfverberg. ANA started playing well for awhile, but now they are slumping again and there is talk of a coaching change.

As a UFA at the end of the year, he would probably cost less than the guys with term.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I just don't see the same Brandon Saad, the last couple of years. I would think a 6mil per year player would garner more than a half a point per game average over the the last couple of years.

If I was to spend that kind of money and put it on the cap for the next two plus years, I'd want a player on the up-rise, add to that you have to give up assets.

Schenn is on pace for roughly 15 goals.

Silfverberg 15-18.

Toffoli 13-15.

Saad will score more than any of them. The kinds of players that you are talking about are either unavailable (Tank) or unproven. You want players that are trending up. Why would another team trade that player? The deal has to work for both sides, not just the Bruins.

Reactions: Strafer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’ve seen blackhawks fans complain about the guy (Saad) and he was beloved by them a handful of years ago, that’s all I really need to know.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
A player that intrigues me is Micheal Ferland. 26 years old, 19 points in 35 games and very physical. Solid skater, big hitter, and would be good potential RW for Krejci (or LW if you put Snek on the RW). He's going to score at least 20 goals this season and can be the x-factor in a series against Toronto or Tampa. His first and only playoff run was amazing as he was leveling hits on every player that crossed his path. Seeing him lay down the boom on Matthews, Marner, Rielly, Hedman, etc would be great along with Backes, Wagner, etc. He's an agitator and I think he could find a place on this team.

However, his cost is probably a 1st round pick, but not even Skinner got a 1st with this Carolina management.

Other players like Dzingel, Pageau, and Namestinkinov are interesting too, but I figured I'd bring Ferland up considering Carolina is allegedly looking to trade him out.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You win with guys like Ferland in your lineup. The guy is an absolute freight train on skates, doesn't shy away from any contact and has some decent size, can also fight, too.

He would look fantastic in a Bruins jersey... I've been wanting this guy on the Bruins since day one, and the way he was front and center against the Canucks in the post season.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Schenn is on pace for roughly 15 goals.

Silfverberg 15-18.

Toffoli 13-15.

Saad will score more than any of them. The kinds of players that you are talking about are either unavailable (Tank) or unproven. You want players that are trending up. Why would another team trade that player? The deal has to work for both sides, not just the Bruins.

Im beating a dead-horse why I wouldn't want Saad, so im not going there again, just re-read my post if you'like.;)

As far as players I've brought up. Dzingel and Pageau and them together would cost less then Saad and would give the bruins a whole better chance at winning the Cup this year.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
St. Louis fans would riot.
I think people need to realize St. Louis has not been that awful since the first month of the season, there is obviously internal issues with some of the players but they are not NJ or Carolina. They may be open to trades but not giveaways or a total rebuild. A bunch of picks isn't going to get top end talent from them or lower level prospects.

Reactions: Blueston

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
A player that intrigues me is Micheal Ferland. 26 years old, 19 points in 35 games and very physical. Solid skater, big hitter, and would be good potential RW for Krejci (or LW if you put Snek on the RW). He's going to score at least 20 goals this season and can be the x-factor in a series against Toronto or Tampa. His first and only playoff run was amazing as he was leveling hits on every player that crossed his path. Seeing him lay down the boom on Matthews, Marner, Rielly, Hedman, etc would be great along with Backes, Wagner, etc. He's an agitator and I think he could find a place on this team.

However, his cost is probably a 1st round pick, but not even Skinner got a 1st with this Carolina management.

Other players like Dzingel, Pageau, and Namestinkinov are interesting too, but I figured I'd bring Ferland up considering Carolina is allegedly looking to trade him out.

I agree, he would be an ideal pickup for the B's.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
You win with guys like Ferland in your lineup. The guy is an absolute freight train on skates, doesn't shy away from any contact and has some decent size, can also fight, too.

He would look fantastic in a Bruins jersey... I've been wanting this guy on the Bruins since day one, and the way he was front and center against the Canucks in the post season.

I'm not a fan. Goes back to junior when he would mail it in when he felt like it. Million dollar talent for sure, not sure the heart is there to match.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I’ve seen blackhawks fans complain about the guy (Saad) and he was beloved by them a handful of years ago, that’s all I really need to know.

I wouldn't trust most fans evaluations of their own players. Yeah, they "watch the games" but fandom is so clouded by tons of cognitive biases. Especially when said fans watched a guy a)at his peak and b) during serious cup contention years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Im beating a dead-horse why I wouldn't want Saad, so im not going there again, just re-read my post if you'like.;)

As far as players I've brought up. Dzingel and Pageau and them together would cost less then Saad and would give the bruins a whole better chance at winning the Cup this year.

Is Dzingel even available?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

I would love Ferland on the Bruins. However, like you mentioned, he would probably be cost a 1st+, and he is a UFA at the end of the season. Apparently, the reason Carolina is thinking about dealing him in the first place is because they are far apart in contract talks. Is Carolina being cheap or is Ferland asking for the moon? If Ferland is looking for something reasonable, I think the Bruins should at least inquire.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Heinen will bounce back. I would keep him. Him scoring 47 points in his second pro season wasnt a fluke. He is totally snake bitten right now. We should be patient. There are other prospects we could use as trade bait.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wouldn't trust most fans evaluations of their own players. Yeah, they "watch the games" but fandom is so clouded by tons of cognitive biases. Especially when said fans watched a guy a)at his peak and b) during serious cup contention years.

Fan evaluations aside- You said it there....why would we want to pay 6 mill for the next couple years for a guy who has peaked? Production has been trending down for a bit. Seems like he’s a 40 point guy going forward. I don’t want them to give up assets to acquire that guy and his contract

Reactions: TCB

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
The deal made sense to dump Belesekey but I’m one of few here that liked Spooner with Krejci and Debrusk and power play over Nash.

I have no idea who was available however the package to the Rangers was pretty darn good so thinking more unknown options out there for don. In my opinion it was not a risk worth taking. Hope this doesn’t happen again.

Smells neely and marketing / jersey sales to me.

The only thing of real value the Bruins gave up was the first rounder. The deal was great. It wasnt Sweeneys fault that Nash got concussed. Nash also played well until he got injured. He also contributed in the playoffs, despite not being at 100 %.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Ferland seems to have cooled off a lot after having a great first six weeks or so. That trade looks terrible for Carolina imo. Lindholm and Hanafin are excelling in Calgary while Dougie is struggling.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Fan evaluations aside- You said it there....why would we want to pay 6 mill for the next couple years for a guy who has peaked? Production has been trending down for a bit. Seems like he’s a 40 point guy going forward. I don’t want them to give up assets to acquire that guy and his contract

Well, any player over the age of 24/25 has likely peaked in terms of pure scoring efficiency, so none of the players mentioned by people are good targets by that criteria.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad