Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Respectfully, J.D. Miller and McDonaugh were the targets that I felt would put the Bruins in a
much better position. I know the cost would've been crazy high and that the cap implications
also would've be other-worldly (practically) impossible but those two and a lot more luck with injuries
and the B's would've been in the finals IMO. Of course that's fantasy land but that's part of what we
play with here. Even though Miller would've been impossible to fit in, McDonaugh would've changed the
dynamic of the defense and laid out some Lightening forwards.
Anyway, we throw so many names around here that even if 2% of the acquisitions happened it would be
chaos.

The McD and Miller deal was not in the same class as Nash, which is why I didn’t mention it. I like Miller a lot, but not as high on McD. Not sure if the B’s would have been a good fit for the Rangers, even if they were interested in those two?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ryan Dzingel he plays all three forward positions and is electric. He can create offense alone. Kills penalties and can fly.

Get it done Donny. Kill two birds with one stone and add Jean Gabriel Pageau and you have your scoring forward and your 3rd line center.:thumbu:

While I "liked'' this I doubt it ever happens. It's fantasy but: If Sweeney is going to swing for the fences I want Stone. He and Taylor Hall would be two players that would have their numbers hanging in the rafters in 25 years IMO.

Getting players like ^^^ these two would be legendary moves that would put Sweeney in elite company when talking about managerial moves.

Reactions: TCB

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Saad is the guy to get IMO.

Younger than Schenn, and for the crowd concerned with the cost of re-signing Schenn, Saad has another year on his deal at $6m. This is probably less than what Schenn will demand. He will also cost less to acquire.

Try:

63-37-88
74-46-Saad

For a few weeks and see if on of JFK or Backes can play the 3C role adequately. If not you go get a “Pageau-type”. The issue with Schenn is you will pay more for his versatility, but likely use him at wing anyway for now and still may have go get a 3C.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ryan Dzingel he plays all three forward positions and is electric. He can create offense alone. Kills penalties and can fly.

Get it done Donny. Kill two birds with one stone and add Jean Gabriel Pageau and you have your scoring forward and your 3rd line center.:thumbu:

Dzingel sounds exactly like the kind of player OTT will want to keep.

Reactions: Sevendust

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Younger than Schenn, and for the crowd concerned with the cost of re-signing Schenn, Saad has another year on his deal at $6m. This is probably less than what Schenn will demand. He will also cost less to acquire.

Try:

63-37-88
74-46-Saad

For a few weeks and see if on of JFK or Backes can play the 3C role adequately. If not you go get a “Pageau-type”. The issue with Schenn is you will pay more for his versatility, but likely use him at wing anyway for now and still may have go get a 3C.

This is true but I read something that I think a St. Louis Blues fan said about Schenn feeling more "comfortable/natural at center." I would hate to get a round peg to
force him into a square hole. It would be somewhat self defeating to pay the price to get him and then put him where he's (supposedly) less effective or comfortable.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
sto
While I "liked'' this I doubt it ever happens. If Sweeney is going to swing for the fences I want Stone. He and Taylor Hall would be two players that would have their numbers
hanging in the rafters in 25 years IMO.

That would be a dream come true. From what I've read and heard, so take that with a grain of salt. H's the one who they'll more than likely resign and he wants too stay. He's the top guy out there and will be getting a huge pay raise, not sure the Bruins would be willing to anti-up the price even if he was available. I'm guessing upwards of 9 mil per.

Dzingel would be cheaper and he's a player, and along with Pageau the bruins could compete with the Tampa's and Washingtons of the world.

I'd even give this yrs first for a player like Dzingel but it would have to be a sign and trade. Although yes I agree Stone would be unreal or even Duchene but Dzingel might end up being the best bang for the buck and the most realistic. That is if Ottawa would be even willing to trade within the division.

2020 2rd pick
Senyshyn
Zboril
for
Dzingel (signed)
Pageau

Reactions: Blowfish

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I would think that any proposal the Blues would consider for Schenn includes Vaak, and this is non-negotiable. Lauzon is too speculative, Grz is best suited as a bottom pair guy.

Vaak + Heinen + 2nd is probably what they are looking for. Maybe accept a first rounder instead of Heinen.
That's too much in my opinion. Yes, Schenn scored 70pts last season, but he is on pace to score 53 which is closer to the production you would expect from him. The Bruins would also only have Schenn under contract for a little less than 1.5 years which should also be a factor. Heinen is struggling to score this season, but he scored 47pts in his rookie year. That is the only question mark to his game, his scoring consistency, but he has proven he can score. If given top 6 minutes, he should be good for 50-60 points. Vaakanainen is a cost controlled top 4 D that will be paired with Pietrangelo for the immediate future.

If the Bruins are willing to move those two players, I would hope they aim higher, Tarasenko/Panarin type player.

Reactions: maxl7

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Dzingel sounds exactly like the kind of player OTT will want to keep.

Sure,they will want to keep him, but they also Like their farm system, as they have quite a few young forwards on the horizon which could make Dzingel expendable, to go along with if they sign one of or both Stone/Duchene, Dzingel might just be the odd man out.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I don’t know what this means? Every deal has some element of risk.

If you are saying there were better players available, who were they?

Stastny (injury prone), Kane (had risk), Brassard (meh), Grabner (meh).

Not sure who was available that was so much better than Nash?

The deal made sense to dump Belesekey but I’m one of few here that liked Spooner with Krejci and Debrusk and power play over Nash.

I have no idea who was available however the package to the Rangers was pretty darn good so thinking more unknown options out there for don. In my opinion it was not a risk worth taking. Hope this doesn’t happen again.

Smells neely and marketing / jersey sales to me.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If theyre going to target a guy with that contract I’d like them to aim higher than Saad. He’s too risky to me. May be alone in that opinion though

Only seen Saad a couple of times this year, so its not much of a viewing but in those games, he didn't look like the Brandon Saad of old, he didn't have the drive to the net, that I remember him having, and he was pretty much a non factor in those games, but it was just a sample size of his play this year.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I would think that any proposal the Blues would consider for Schenn includes Vaak, and this is non-negotiable. Lauzon is too speculative, Grz is best suited as a bottom pair guy.

Vaak + Heinen + 2nd is probably what they are looking for. Maybe accept a first rounder instead of Heinen.

I am sure that is what the Blues prefer, but I don't think Schenn is worthy of the package. However, there may be a way to give them what they need.

How about this package?

To BOS: Tarasenko and Schenn
To STL: Heinen, Vaakanainen, JFK, 2019 1st and 2nd, Conditional 2020 2nd (turns to 1st if Schenn resigns)

Deal breaks down to:

Vaakanainen, 2019 1st and 2nd for Tarasenko
Heinen, JFK and Conditional 2020 2nd for Schenn

The Bruins have 18M in deadline space, so I think this works (if not, the only need to move a small contract).

Debrusk Bergeron Tarasenko
Marchand Krejci Pastrnak
Donato Schenn Backes
Wagner Kuraly Acciari
Nordstrom

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Gryz Miller
Moore

Rask
Halak

On draft day, the Bruins trade Torey Krug to an emerging team for a 1st rounder and high end prospect. In a strange twist of fate, their underperforming or oft-injured RFA's all resign for less than market value next year.

Reactions: gvkmedia

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Try:

63-37-88
74-46-Saad

Saad actually has 2 years left after this year and at 6mil per that's too much for me, for a twenty goal scorer when you also have to give up assets to acquire him. Add too that your going to have to make room under the cap for DeBrusk,Carlo and McAvoy all who I would want more than Saad and If Im acquiring a player that will force the Bruins to realigned the structure of the team do too his cap hit, its not a Brandon Saad.

Last edited:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
You're right, he needs to be more physical to be a fourth liner. He is suppose to be a skilled point producer, he isn't, he is a solid defensive forward who isn't producing, there are tons of them in the NHL and capable replacements in the AHL. If he can be part of a package to upgrade the forward lines he should be.
Including him in a package to upgrade the top 6 is a completely different argument than calling him a 4th liner (which he clearly isn't). I'd be OK with exploring a package like that.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I am sure that is what the Blues prefer, but I don't think Schenn is worthy of the package. However, there may be a way to give them what they need.

How about this package?

To BOS: Tarasenko and Schenn
To STL: Heinen, Vaakanainen, JFK, 2019 1st and 2nd, Conditional 2020 2nd (turns to 1st if Schenn resigns)

Deal breaks down to:

Vaakanainen, 2019 1st and 2nd for Tarasenko
Heinen, JFK and Conditional 2020 2nd for Schenn

The Bruins have 18M in deadline space, so I think this works (if not, the only need to move a small contract).

Debrusk Bergeron Tarasenko
Marchand Krejci Pastrnak
Donato Schenn Backes
Wagner Kuraly Acciari
Nordstrom

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Gryz Miller
Moore

Rask
Halak

On draft day, the Bruins trade Torey Krug to an emerging team for a 1st rounder and high end prospect. In a strange twist of fate, their underperforming or oft-injured RFA's all resign for less than market value next year.

St. Louis fans would riot.

Reactions: Blueston

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Saad actually has 2 years left after this year and at 6mil per that's too much for me, for a twenty goal scorer when you also have to give up assets to acquire him.

Yes, I know he has 2 years left. My reference to “another year” was one more than Schenn.

So, you have a problem with Saad at $6m? What do you think Schenn will cost that year and beyond (which is the only way I give up significant assets for him).

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yes, I know he has 2 years left. My reference to “another year” was one more than Schenn.

So, you have a problem with Saad at $6m? What do you think Schenn will cost that year and beyond (which is the only way I give up significant assets for him).

I just don't see the same Brandon Saad, the last couple of years. I would think a 6mil per year player would garner more than a half a point per game average over the the last couple of years.

If I was to spend that kind of money and put it on the cap for the next two plus years, I'd want a player on the up-rise, add to that you have to give up assets.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->