Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No denying Cehlarik was the better player pre season. Good to see your binky heinen proved me wrong. He does work hard.

He’s not my binky lol. I wouldn’t consider Heinen my favorite player at all. I like him and think he’s a good player and you win with guys like him. I think the hate he gets is sickening and the people that hate on him are suspect to begin with.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No denying Cehlarik was the better player pre season. Good to see your binky heinen proved me wrong. He does work hard.

Cehlarik was better than Donato in the preseason, but he was sent down, so that ship has kind of sailed. He’s 8th right now in PRO for point per game average (7th for F’s). Points aren’t always indicative of play, so asking GG or Eric would probably be a better idea about that.

This should probably be in the Providence thread or the Cehlarik thread so that people can get back to posting outlandish trade proposals?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He’s not my binky lol. I wouldn’t consider Heinen my favorite player at all. I like him and think he’s a good player and you win with guys like him. I think the hate he gets is sickening and the people that hate on him are suspect to begin with.

I remember going though this same shit with Sobotka when he was here. Nearly everyone told me how bad he was, that he belonged in the AHL, didn’t belong in the league.

Be careful what you wish for.

He gets traded to STL, never plays another AHL game in his career, which is now at nearly 500 NHL games (and 138 KHL).

I would love for the B’s to acquire Sobotka now for the 3C spot.

ps At least the B’s got a quality guy back in Warsofsky in exchange for a 500+ game NHL guy...:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxon Eric

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think option #1 might be Rick Nash?

All he’s going to cost is money. Sweeney won’t have to part with any players he likes or give up picks. If Nash decides to stay retired, then you likely see a move for a 2RW or a 3C.

Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but I'd be thrilled with Nash. I thought he was great in Boston, just snakebitten. Would love to have him back.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I have considered Miller top 4 since 16/17. I now consider Grezlyk to be a top 4 quality defenseman. We are so lucky skill wise that it almost makes sense we have zero luck with injuries.

If I am the Bruins, I am dangling these two along with Vaakanainen or any other young D for the best return on investment possible. For Miller or Grezlyk I would only want a top 6 or high end 3rd line center. For the kids, I am looking for younger forward prospects that have top 6 upside and are equally close to playing in the NHL. Obviously they would need to have differentiating factors from, Heinen, Bjork, Donato and others. Size and Goal Scoring on a RW ideally or a 200' Center are the commodities I'd be looking for.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I kinda wish we did that trade spooner for ryan strome. He might have been our answer for 3 c. He's still young and has played ok for rangers so far. Hopefully JFK can stick and grab it. Really rooting for this kid .

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I have considered Miller top 4 since 16/17. I now consider Grezlyk to be a top 4 quality defenseman. We are so lucky skill wise that it almost makes sense we have zero luck with injuries.

If I am the Bruins, I am dangling these two along with Vaakanainen or any other young D for the best return on investment possible. For Miller or Grezlyk I would only want a top 6 or high end 3rd line center. For the kids, I am looking for younger forward prospects that have top 6 upside and are equally close to playing in the NHL. Obviously they would need to have differentiating factors from, Heinen, Bjork, Donato and others. Size and Goal Scoring on a RW ideally or a 200' Center are the commodities I'd be looking for.

Imo, there is no way the B’s are “dangling” UV to anyone. They supposedly love the kid.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I remember going though this same **** with Sobotka when he was here. Nearly everyone told me how bad he was, that he belonged in the AHL, didn’t belong in the league.

He gets traded to STL, never plays another AHL game in his career, which is now at nearly 500 NHL games (and 138 KHL).

ps At least the B’s got a quality guy back in Warsofsky in exchange for a 500+ game NHL guy...:laugh:

Samuel paulson, kevyn adams, wes walz, dwight foster

Quite a few kids struggle here for a season or two and get moved... but then alot of guys are brought in after struggling somewhere else... nordstrom, greg campbell, danial paille

And theres other guys we keep and they just keep struggling until they never amount to anything at all... where did you go cam stewart? Cam mann? Jeff lazaro?

For the most part 3rd/4th liners are fairly interchangable 75% of the time and you keep them if you are winning... deal them if you want a shakeup

Its like a 1 in 4 situation that they ever make much difference for you more than a year or two... and if that happens they become too expensive to keep

As for sobotka... he would have had a hard time beating out guys like campbell and paille for a spot. Hes making more money now getting a chance to play on weaker teams. Be happy for him

(Im with you thinking hed be good back today though)

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Samuel paulson, kevyn adams, wes walz, dwight foster

Quite a few kids struggle here for a season or two and get moved... but then alot of guys are brought in after struggling somewhere else... nordstrom, greg campbell, danial paille

And theres other guys we keep and they just keep struggling until they never amount to anything at all... where did you go cam stewart? Cam mann? Jeff lazaro?

For the most part 3rd/4th liners are fairly interchangable 75% of the time and you keep them if you are winning... deal them if you want a shakeup

Its like a 1 in 4 situation that they ever make much difference for you more than a year or two... and if that happens they become too expensive to keep

As for sobotka... he would have had a hard time beating out guys like campbell and paille for a spot. Hes making more money now getting a chance to play on weaker teams. Be happy for him

(Im with you thinking hed be good back today though)

Revisionist history.

Sobotka’s competition at the time was Begin and Yelle, not Campbell. And Sobotka turned out to be a better player than Campbell as far as that goes.

Trading a young player because he’s slumping, after he’s already proven capable of producing at the NHL level is not a good idea (Blake Wheeler and Reilly Smith say hello).

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Id be as upset them dealing him right now as i was brad mccrimmond. You dont deal robin when you need him to go with batman and cat woman

Let me have my mcavoy, uv, carlo big three this next 10 years

McCrimmon is not really the comparison I would use personally. He had three NHL seasons under his belt when the B’s made that ill advised deal.

Generally speaking, I never think it’s a good idea to trade 19 year old D that are cost controlled and have shown the ability to play at the NHL level, unless you are getting a huge return.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I kinda wish we did that trade spooner for ryan strome. He might have been our answer for 3 c. He's still young and has played ok for rangers so far. Hopefully JFK can stick and grab it. Really rooting for this kid .
That trade was never an option at the time Spooner was dealt

Spooner 4 M 21G 1/1/2
Riley Nash 2.75 M 23G 0/2/2
Schaller 1.9 M 23G 0/3/3

8.65 M 67G 1/6/7

Donny you are the Sweenius

Reactions: bbfan419

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Revisionist history.

Sobotka’s competition at the time was Begin and Yelle, not Campbell. And Sobotka turned out to be a better player than Campbell as far as that goes.

Trading a young player because he’s slumping, after he’s already proven capable of producing at the NHL level is not a good idea (Blake Wheeler and Reilly Smith say hello).

I wonder what ken hodge jr and dimitri kvaltalov could have fetched if we trade them in their rookie year?

On the other hand im glad we didnt throw joe thornton out after a single season

You have to realize going back in history lets you find examples to support any argument. Theres never a 100% right and/or wrong when we debate this stuff

But the truth remains heinen had a good year... he will get paid... and right now he is doing nothing to make me want to take responsibility for his pay... and nothing to make me feel hes better than donato, bjork, cehlarik, senshyn, federic, studnicka, karlsson for what will be one of only 2/3 available jobs on the team next year

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Imo, there is no way the B’s are “dangling” UV to anyone. They supposedly love the kid.
I agree, but at the same time, I think Gryz is growing on them. Krug and Miller are constantly talked about as leaders. You cannot keep everyone and bring in help.

If you are correct and UV is more valuable than them right now it makes it prudent to trade Gryz or Miller. Alternatively they could decide this is a year for a minor move, and use Zboril for a depth player.

Last edited:

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I still don't get why Senyshyn doesn't get a shot based on his speed alone. You see a guy like Kapanen flying out there and you can really see the pressure he puts on the D. Obviously Seny has done little to warrant a call but at this point is there any harm in trying him over Acciari?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I wonder what ken hodge jr and dimitri kvaltalov could have fetched if we trade them in their rookie year?

On the other hand im glad we didnt throw joe thornton out after a single season

You have to realize going back in history lets you find examples to support any argument. Theres never a 100% right and/or wrong when we debate this stuff

But the truth remains heinen had a good year... he will get paid... and right now he is doing nothing to make me want to take responsibility for his pay... and nothing to make me feel hes better than donato, bjork, cehlarik, senshyn, federic, studnicka, karlsson for what will be one of only 2/3 available jobs on the team next year

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that Heinen is better than Cehlarik, Senyshyn, and JFK. Frederic and Studnicka play a different position and Donato is an apples to oranges comparison. You want Heinen feeding a shooter like Donato.

As far as the salary talk goes, it’s extremely speculative on your part to presume that Heinen will “get paid”. We disagree and that’s fine, but please don’t talk about uncertainties as being absolutes, just because they are in your mind.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
McCrimmon is not really the comparison I would use personally. He had three NHL seasons under his belt when the B’s made that ill advised deal.

Generally speaking, I never think it’s a good idea to trade 19 year old D that are cost controlled and have shown the ability to play at the NHL level, unless you are getting a huge return.

My bad... memory after 36 years gets foggy. I guess i was 14 when we dealt mccrimmond... time flies

I remember when we dealt mclaren... wow was i ever angry... and brad stuart... paul mara... matt lashoff... lars jonsson... mark stuart

Nothing makes me more angry than trading away kid dmen who were high first round picks

But obviously it doesnt always come back to bite us.

Good trades are good trades
And bad trades are bad trades

I just hate letting go high drafted young dmen personally

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I remember going though this same **** with Sobotka when he was here. Nearly everyone told me how bad he was, that he belonged in the AHL, didn’t belong in the league.

I would take Sobotka back as 3LC in a heartbeat, but unless Buffalo falls off a cliff, I don't see them moving him. I was like 10-11 when Sobotka was here with the Bruins, but I liked how he played and was drawn to him because of his IDGAF attitude when he played. Smaller guy but loved to get in there and be physical.

Warsofsky, dimunitive defenseman but local boy! Brutal trade.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think option #1 might be Rick Nash?

All he’s going to cost is money. Sweeney won’t have to part with any players he likes or give up picks. If Nash decides to stay retired, then you likely see a move for a 2RW or a 3C.

I would take Rick Nash back, if he is 100% healthy (obviously he would have to be) and 100% committed. He's another player that got this unnecessary hate from fans. He was very good for us before he got hurt, and Krejci/DeBrusk both benefited from having him on the line prior to his concussion.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I still don't get why Senyshyn doesn't get a shot based on his speed alone. You see a guy like Kapanen flying out there and you can really see the pressure he puts on the D. Obviously Seny has done little to warrant a call but at this point is there any harm in trying him over Acciari?

Because it's not just about having speed and Senyshyn just is not ready yet. Kapanen flies but he also is NHL ready at all other aspects of the game. If he was just NHL ready speed wise, he'd be in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad