Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
at the low end of comparables we see Justin Schultz and Tyson barrie signing for 5.5-5.75
moving up the list we see keith Yandle at 6.35 and kevin shattinkirk at 6.65

if the cap goes up as you expect... and considering this deal will be 2-3-4 years of inflation... I think its very possible his agent is going to be asking for 7+

of course the team could say that's insane and try to offer 5ish... but as an ufa there will be 30 other teams able to bid.

would krug take less for an 8 year insurance deal? would anyone be insane enough to offer a smallish 29 year old dman an 8 year contract?

im going to predict someone will go 6 years at least 6 mill per year and that's simply insane for us to consider

I heard a lot of these things when Pastrnak talks were going on. There were actually people that said I was crazy when I said what he would sign for. And he signed for almost exactly the way a laid out the contract. Biggest difference was how bonus money was structured.

I will say this. Torey Krug (and I love Krug) will not be paid more then David Pastrnak, Patrice Bergeron or Brad Marchand.

Not by the Bruins.

If it's a reasonable number to Krug by the Bruins, he'll stay in Boston.

I think your 6 years @ $6 million is in that ball park.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I heard a lot of these things when Pastrnak talks were going on. There were actually people that said I was crazy when I said what he would sign for. And he signed for almost exactly the way a laid out the contract. Biggest difference was how bonus money was structured.

I will say this. Torey Krug (and I love Krug) will not be paid more then David Pastrnak, Patrice Bergeron or Brad Marchand.

Not by the Bruins.

If it's a reasonable number to Krug by the Bruins, he'll stay in Boston.

I think your 6 years @ $6 million is in that ball park.

when you pointed out how the bonus money situation works it was interesting how the pastnak contract became such an intelligent compromise between the 2 sides

his actual paychecks in the first 3 years is 22.8 million which gives him that 7.5 mill average he was probably looking at with Tarasenko and some of the other comparables

then comes the 2 seasons with the potential work stoppage... if 20-21 is lost he still gets a million dollars and only loses 3 mill or some portion of it.

say for example the entire 2020-21 season is lost... pastrank will only be signed for 5 years but will still get 37 million of his 40 million dollars. which is an average of 7.4 million.

I thought boston went a bit high on pastrnak to be honest... but luckily the kid has been improving every day since he signed and the contract has turned into a bargain. his contract is going to be so excellent after laine/raantanan/tkchuck/marner/Matthews all join draisailt and Eichel in that 9-11 million dollar range in the next year or 3...

I don't see krug having the same ability to elevate his game that pastrnak had. I don't really see them being comparables in the same breath. to me... krug is a bit more like a johnny boychuk cautionary tale. someone that we might predict will lose a step of speed as he crosses 30.

I wonder if tobias enstrom is a good comparable for what we might expect from krug. up until 2013 Enstrom was producting at a 45-50 point pace. he turned 29 at that time and was rewarded with a 5 year deal at 5.75 mill

over the next 5 years he had more than 23 points only once... his last 3 year of the contract he had a total of 36 points. now at age 34 hes out of the nhl.

on the other hand brian ralfalski aged better and was worth the big contract past the age of 35

do we feel krug can be the next ralfalski or is it more likely he will suffer the same fate as tobias Enstrom as he hits 30 and slows down a bit?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
It has nothing to do with overvaluing "my own guy". You're just slinging bull**** without having anything to back yourself up.

As I've repeatedly said, Schenn is a fine player and I wouldn't mind him on the Bruins but he's not someone who makes things happen on his own. Krug should net someone who can do that OR Schenn plus something else worthwhile like a nice prospect or another roster piece. But whatever. Just disagree and move on.

as I said... if you ask independent people in a poll you wont find much support for your pov.

when schenn was traded last time he got 2 first round picks. this was the actual price that was paid for him before his breakout season. when he was a 55 point guy. now he is a 70 point guy and you are saying there needs to be an add to him to get krug?

so... you are saying krug would get more than 2 first round picks? and its not just a little add you are saying... you want a big add

I guess you are going to be very unhappy when the krug trade goes down and you will say Sweeney was an idiot for the return he gets... but maybe you could remember our chat now and not get too upset and it might help you accept the trade when you realize that you were out to lunch a bit on what you were expecting.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sweeney and Dubas will be caught chatting on camera between the first and second period intermission. Prelude to a blockbuster deal on the horizon.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I don't really see the point in a Heinen for Fischer trade. Seems like a lateral move at best.
Arizona made somewhat of a lateral trade yesterday trading Strome for Schmaltz. I think Fischer possesses a skillet the Bruins are missing, PF that can skate and is more willing to shoot the puck. I would prefer a deal like this, swapping two young players that will get better with time, over trading Heinen for someone like Toffoli for example. Toffoli is a known commodity, but Heinen has the potential to be better. Unless the Bruins are packaging Heinen for someone like Tarasenko, I would prefer the Bruins go the route of swapping a young promising player for another young promising player.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Arizona made somewhat of a lateral trade yesterday trading Strome for Schmaltz. I think Fischer possesses a skillet the Bruins are missing, PF that can skate and is more willing to shoot the puck. I would prefer a deal like this, swapping two young players that will get better with time, over trading Heinen for someone like Toffoli for example. Toffoli is a known commodity, but Heinen has the potential to be better. Unless the Bruins are packaging Heinen for someone like Tarasenko, I would prefer the Bruins go the route of swapping a young promising player for another young promising player.

I would say right now that Heinen has proven to be better than Fischer though. You’re still trading the better player in the deal. I don’t see the “+” being good enough from Arizona making it worth it. I can see your reasoning but don’t agree with the player coming back.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
That's a big loss on D for the Jackets, but agree that Pasta would have to return something massive.

Would ya do Pasta and Krug for Jones, Atkinson, plus?

Loss on the fwd, gain on the back end, imo. If Jackets add, depending on what they add, I might do it, since I think Krug will hit FA and go away.
So we'd be trading a highly effective top goal scorer for a short guy and a really good defenseman (and we already have 9-10 really good defensemen)? NO thanks!

Reactions: bbfan419

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
So we'd be trading a highly effective top goal scorer for a short guy and a really good defenseman (and we already have 9-10 really good defensemen)? NO thanks!

I should clarify.

There was a question that asked what would a return from Columbus for Pasta need to include. Seth Jones, Atkinson, Plus. That Plus would have to be significant.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
My answer was tongue-in-cheek about Jones and Werenski.

To answer your question, no I wouldn't do Pasta/Krug for Jones/Atkinson. I'm not touching that Atkinson contract with a ten foot pole.

Nor would I unless the “plus” was very significant, I.e. Dubois.

Preference clearly is to keep Pasta though.

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If senyshyn can pan out all our problems would go away. He's holding us up big time.
Who is this us you refer to?

What Zach Senyshyn does or doesn't do doesn't hold me up. I still wake up every morning and go to bed every night and do everything I have to in between without him holding me up.

I hope he isn't holding you up. :sarcasm:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
A lot of misinformation on Coyle, here. He does play a lot of C a this point, and his FO numbers are good. He has been good ever since the linesman started cracking down on FO cheating...Koivu gets thrown out of the circle every second FO, it seems...Charlie was never a good cheater.
- Coyle is an above average skater
- Coyle is physical. Immensely strong. Just not the type of guy who does cheap shots, or post whistle scrums. He most definitely can do the "dirty work". I think the face wash stuff is overrated myself...
- His offense comes and goes. Right now he is on a third line(Koivu and Staal playing #1 and #2 C, respectively)with Eriksson -Ek/Foligno and Greenway. GREAT checking line, but not the best linemates if you are looking for offensive help.
- Coyle can and does play a good C. Can also play RW. Some opine that he is a better RW'er, but I like him better at C, because he can use his skating and physical skills more. He produces better when he plays RW because then he is playing on a better line, with Koivu or Staal at C, and either Granlund or Parise on the other wing. That's a big step up from Marcus (the wrong) Foligno.
- his 3.2M cap hit, his ability to play C, and the fact that he is the only RHS on the Wild top 9 makes it highly unlikely he gets moved. Nino is far more likely to be trade bait.

Misinformation? Not on my part.

Take your average 4th line C (Kuraly from the Bruins for example). Last season Kuraly took 720 faceoffs (161 so far this year). The last time Coyle came anywhere near that was in 2014-15, when he had 710.

Since then:

15-16: 82gp, 502 FO’s, 45.4%, 130 hits

16-17: 82gp, 248 FO’s, 46.0%, 101 hits

17-18: 66 go, 460 FO’s, 52.2%, 76 hits

18-19: 23, 144 FO’s, 44.4%, 28 hits

So, Coyle is playing Top 9 minutes, but taking significantly less FO’s than the B’s 4th line center? Also, his FO win% is nothing to write home about.

I included his hit totals because they have gone down each year for the last 3 years, which confirms my opinion of Coyle, which was that for a big body, he’s not very physical.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike Coyle, but I’m also not giving up a ton for him.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
At best..... Heinen has been more productive than Fischer has been thus far in their careers. I'd prefer to just keep the better player.

Heinen has been a part of the better team which could be tied to why he’s been more productive. I haven’t seen much of Fischer but I remember him being a pretty good prospect coming up.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Misinformation? Not on my part.

Take your average 4th line C (Kuraly from the Bruins for example). Last season Kuraly took 720 faceoffs (161 so far this year). The last time Coyle came anywhere near that was in 2014-15, when he had 710.

Since then:

15-16: 82gp, 502 FO’s, 45.4%, 130 hits

16-17: 82gp, 248 FO’s, 46.0%, 101 hits

17-18: 66 go, 460 FO’s, 52.2%, 76 hits

18-19: 23, 144 FO’s, 44.4%, 28 hits

So, Coyle is playing Top 9 minutes, but taking significantly less FO’s than the B’s 4th line center? Also, his FO win% is nothing to write home about.

I included his hit totals because they have gone down each year for the last 3 years, which confirms my opinion of Coyle, which was that for a big body, he’s not very physical.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike Coyle, but I’m also not giving up a ton for him.

Of course his hit total went down last year. He only played 66 games, and was playing injured for a good portion of them.
I have no opinion on Coyle's value to other teams, but there is no denying his strength, and his ability to use it.
-Does he charge around like Clutterbuck racking up hit totals? No.
-Does he routinely rub out, or simply take away pucks from players due to his strength? Yes.
- Can he stand up to any but the strongest players in the league( Buff, healthy Chara) in a non fighting physical confrontation? Yes.

There is no doubt that he gets moved back and forth from RW to C on FO's , depending on what side the draw is, and who is playing with him. Sometimes he is moved up to play with Staal, sometimes not.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Of course his hit total went down last year. He only played 66 games, and was playing injured for a good portion of them.
I have no opinion on Coyle's value to other teams, but there is no denying his strength, and his ability to use it.
-Does he charge around like Clutterbuck racking up hit totals? No.
-Does he routinely rub out, or simply take away pucks from players due to his strength? Yes.
- Can he stand up to any but the strongest players in the league( Buff, healthy Chara) in a non fighting physical confrontation? Yes.

There is no doubt that he gets moved back and forth from RW to C on FO's , depending on what side the draw is, and who is playing with him. Sometimes he is moved up to play with Staal, sometimes not.

So, in other words, he’s not a true center. The B’s have a bunch of guys that can play center or wing. They also have a lot of 3rd line talent, which it would appear Coyle is as well.

I have nothing against big guys that use their size more for positioning and protecting the puck. I just think that if the B’s are going to acquire someone, I would prefer them to be more legit physical (like Simmonds) and a true Top 6.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Heinen + Donato for Stepan

Bjork + Senyshyn+ Clifton + Lauko for Coyle and Staal

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Staal Coyle
Nordstrom Krejci Stepan
Wagner Kuraly Backes

Good??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad