Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I hate to be a grammar nazi, but there shouldn't be an apostrophe in the word Bruins in the title.

Just a friendly note on that point for the board's benefit. Feel free to delete this after editing.

As someone who works with words for a living, that apostrophe is driving me nuts.

Reactions: Strafer

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I hate to be a grammar nazi, but there shouldn't be an apostrophe in the word Bruins in the title.

Just a friendly note on that point for the board's benefit. Feel free to delete this after editing.
I think the apostrophe is a metaphor for this thread. Wrong and making no sense.

Reactions: easton117

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Can we package the corpse of Backes with a pick to dump him?

Only GM dumb is enough is probably Chiarelli. But he’s already screwed the Oilers enough against the cap right now.

Imagine having the best player in the world, operating a hair below the cap, being 10th in your conference and finishing in 12th the year before with the same roster?

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

robert cormier

Oct 29, 2018
I am disappointed that marchand krug or bergeron are forgetting to answer the cheap shot is not your role
the first league is correct the second miss a robust winger the third league on JFK ( 23 ) is afraid and not enough experience heinen and bjork are similar too soft
the fourth league no player is intimidating backes no longer fight and no longer hit concussion and so I understand it's time to look elsewhere

Backes Bjork Donato for Lucic - 2 millions salary + Puljujarvi

Acciari for Cody Mcleod

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Lucic Kreci Puljujarvi
Debrusk Frederic Heinen
Mcleod Kuraly Wagner

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Since he's got that NMC, Backes is gonna be on this team at least until the end of the season. I honestly see him retiring at the end of the season. He strikes me as the type that would rather walk away rather than hurt his team or himself just to collect a paycheck, given his concussion history. Didn't like the signing, but always liked the player. Still do..... but he's pretty much cooked.

But yeah, whatever other options or avenues there are, Backes needs to not be in the lineup at this point.

Reactions: FanSince72

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Since he's got that NMC, Backes is gonna be on this team at least until the end of the season. I honestly see him retiring at the end of the season. He strikes me as the type that would rather walk away rather than hurt his team or himself just to collect a paycheck, given his concussion history. Didn't like the signing, but always liked the player. Still do..... but he's pretty much cooked.

But yeah, whatever other options or avenues there are, Backes needs to not be in the lineup at this point.
I bet the three million signing bonus will be paid before he does anything.

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad