Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I agree, but at the same time, I think Gryz is growing on them. Krug and Miller are constantly talked about as leaders. You cannot play everyone. In my scenario, it just makes it that much more prudent to trade Gryz or Miller. Alternatively they could decide this is a year for a minor move, and use Zboril for a depth player.

the defense is getting so crowded something has to give... its a good problem to have and fun to think about.

McAvoy and carlo are both due raises this offseason but they are right hand shots and that's a premium. I think we have to find room in the budget to keep both. carlo will be expected to do the miller job of being the stay home crease clearer. and McAvoy is going to be the 3 zone min muncher.

whoever the 3rd guy is on the right side has 1 important qualification to consider... he MUST be AFFORDABLE. Will that continue to be kevan miller going forward? will we play a left hand shot guy out of position here? I don't feel Clifton is in the running but can he make me wrong?

looking at the left side... wow, so many guys... some will have to move

is chara coming back next year? does it make sense to get rid of a kid to make room for chara when chara is at the end of the line? I say we cant move a kid for chara… but do we move krug? krug is 1 year away from ufa and a huge commitment that will take him to his mid 30's

will both chara and krug get moved before next year?

my gut says... we bring chara back and he does the kevan miller job in his final year here and that makes BOTH miller and krug available to move before they reach ufa.

having McAvoy/carlo/grez/moore as a young capable top 4 to build around and then chara and a kid in the final 2 spots seems like the smart way to go. makes sense for the cap. makes sense for everyones development.

its too bad chara wasn't a rhs because all the best kids are lefties.

if chara isn't coming back... keep miller and use him to babysit for lauzon/zboril/uv as they get their feet wet

I think we do need a kamfer type guy as the 7th dman… some vet on a minimum contract as its never a good idea to have a kid sitting in the pressbox for long.

when axelsson arrives... hes a right hand shot. so maybe keep miller until axelsson is ready to join the team?

such good options though...

if we do trade krug and/or miller both will return us something of value... its amazing what a good situation we have found with our dmen

Reactions: HustleB

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Because it's not just about having speed and Senyshyn just is not ready yet. Kapanen flies but he also is NHL ready at all other aspects of the game. If he was just NHL ready speed wise, he'd be in the AHL.

I agree and stated he's done nothing to earn it but Donato was given a chance without "earning it" as have others. I'm not saying he's the answer but I can't understand why he doesn't at least get a shot. Maybe a taste of the NHL ( 2 or 3 games) could give him some confidence

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I agree and stated he's done nothing to earn it but Donato was given a chance without "earning it" as have others. I'm not saying he's the answer but I can't understand why he doesn't at least get a shot. Maybe a taste of the NHL ( 2 or 3 games) could give him some confidence

I see that part of it. Are you referring to Donato getting a chance this season without earning it? I think he got the look before everyone else because last year he did produce 9P/12GP when he signed.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
2018-2019 regular season: 22 games played 5 points
2017-2018 Playoffs: 9 games played 1 point
2018 regular season (Jan-Apr) 44 games played 21 points
Last 75 games (excluding 2018 pre-season) 75 games played 27 points

You own nothing other than a gushing man crush on Danton and his 27 points in 75 games or 6 points in his last 31 games played.
1) He's not a top 6 player (at this stage in his career)
2) I am not on the trade Heinen bandwagon, I just think he needs some Providence time or relegated to 4th line ice time
3) You can't respond to anyone in this thread with anything meaningful only insults!

Can't send him down now with exposing him to waivers.

He hasn't been great, he's not a Top 6 forward at this point but he's been put in that role right now mostly because other options are limited. He's the 2nd winger of the Krejci line by default for the most part. I personally don't like Cassidy's usage of him in terms of special teams. I'd be using him on the PK, I think his skill-set lends itself well to PK duty. He's good at anticipating and getting himself and his stick in passing and shooting lanes.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I see that part of it. Are you referring to Donato getting a chance this season without earning it? I think he got the look before everyone else because last year he did produce 9P/12GP when he signed.
I want to be clear I'm not picking on Donato and hope he comes back up and excels. What I'm saying is he didn't earn his stripes in the AHL and was given an NHL chance and did reasonably well before going back down to round his game. I'm unclear as to why I 1st rounder is given at least a chance. Not sure what the harm could be. If he's completely overmatched send him back down, if he does reasonably well maybe it builds confidence or possibly entices him as trade bait. Ottawa has a couple of pending FA's that could help this team and Seny is from Ottawa.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I would take Rick Nash back, if he is 100% healthy (obviously he would have to be) and 100% committed. He's another player that got this unnecessary hate from fans. He was very good for us before he got hurt, and Krejci/DeBrusk both benefited from having him on the line prior to his concussion.
I agree with this. I'd take Nash back on a small cap hit with a bonus or two.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
What’s the deadline for Nash to join a team this season? Is there one?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Don't really care where Senyshen is from. He has no say, anyway, as to where he's traded.

He doesn't have any value at this point as he's achieved little since turning pro. His being a first rounder only matters if he produces like one. He's a throw in at best.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I want to be clear I'm not picking on Donato and hope he comes back up and excels. What I'm saying is he didn't earn his stripes in the AHL and was given an NHL chance and did reasonably well before going back down to round his game. I'm unclear as to why I 1st rounder is given at least a chance. Not sure what the harm could be. If he's completely overmatched send him back down, if he does reasonably well maybe it builds confidence or possibly entices him as trade bait. Ottawa has a couple of pending FA's that could help this team and Seny is from Ottawa.
Donato came in at the end of last season and delivered, therefore he was given the same opportunity to begin this season, which was the right move. He struggled and was sent down, good move, he appears to be getting his game back down there which is good news. He was given nothing, he proved last year he belonged with the big club, this year didn’t work, but you can bet he will be back.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Don't really care where Senyshen is from. He has no say, anyway, as to where he's traded.

He doesn't have any value at this point as he's achieved little since turning pro. His being a first rounder only matters if he produces like one. He's a throw in at best.

I agree with you that I don't care when Senyshyn is from but Ottawa is a struggling market and there are many on this board who will also comment on players saying he's from Boston so bring him home. Again, I don't support that type of thinking but honestly looking for a change at our RW position as Acciari has done nothing in my opinion to deserve to stay with the club.

Reactions: TCB

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I agree with you that I don't care when Senyshyn is from but Ottawa is a struggling market and there are many on this board who will also comment on players saying he's from Boston so bring him home. Again, I don't support that type of thinking but honestly looking for a change at our RW position as Acciari has done nothing in my opinion to deserve to stay with the club.
I'm all for giving him a chance, if, for no reason other than curiosity and possibly enhancing his value.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Not a trade proposal but I would like to see them send JFK down and call up Ryan Donato.

5 goals and 9 points in 10 games... I think he’s got his groove back.
Wouldn't surprise me if they recalled Donato, but instead, sent Bjork down. I agree with you and think JFK's been mediocre outside of 2 games, deserves to be the one sent down, but I just feel like they'll send Bjork down undeservedly; I think with Bjork he just hasn't been put with the right guys to succeed and just has had awful luck.

Reactions: Estlin

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Heinen + Donato for Stepan

Bjork + Senyshyn+ Clifton + Lauko for Coyle and Staal

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Staal Coyle
Nordstrom Krejci Stepan
Wagner Kuraly Backes

Good??
Sorry that is just awful for the Bruins, I am not that big on Stepan to start with, but no way I am trading Donato and adding Heinen as well easy pass. The other deal maybe Bjork for Coyle 1 for 1 that would bit, I still think Senyshen can turnout good for us, Clifton provides nice depth on D and no way I am trading Lauko who could be the steal of his draft for another old guy in Staal, so again pass on that.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Is it the Trade Deadline?
I believe that's the deadline for players to be eligible to play in the Playoffs. Someone may correct me if it's otherwise.

Memory is failing me now, but I believe the Bruins signed a goalie after the deadline, just to share the load until the playoffs started. But he was NOT eligible for the playoffs barring some sort of goaltending catastrophe.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Maybe Backes continues to improve enough to take over 3rd line center duties? Or at least 3rd line RW.

What position is Donato playing in Providence?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not a trade proposal but I would like to see them send JFK down and call up Ryan Donato.

5 goals and 9 points in 10 games... I think he’s got his groove back.
I was at a season ticket holder function with a Providence Bruins employee and thumbs up for Donato in his stint there

This person told me recently the 4 players who looked the best down there

Cave
Lauzon
Clifton
Szwarz

Good call

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Donato came in at the end of last season and delivered, therefore he was given the same opportunity to begin this season, which was the right move. He struggled and was sent down, good move, he appears to be getting his game back down there which is good news. He was given nothing, he proved last year he belonged with the big club, this year didn’t work, but you can bet he will be back.
he belonged offensively, his play (Donato) away from the puck was last year, and to begin this year, a massive work in progress

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Sorry that is just awful for the Bruins, I am not that big on Stepan to start with, but no way I am trading Donato and adding Heinen as well easy pass. The other deal maybe Bjork for Coyle 1 for 1 that would bit, I still think Senyshen can turnout good for us, Clifton provides nice depth on D and no way I am trading Lauko who could be the steal of his draft for another old guy in Staal, so again pass on that.

So basically you don't want to do anything is what you are implying

Ideally many of these youngsters listed ... already broke through.. but instead are stuck in quicksand

If the Bruins have a 2 year window (for Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Krug etc)....then sacrifices need to be made

Bruins are kind of in a no mans land right now.... will do decent in the regular season and make the playoffs. But will go nowhere from there

Players like Stepan, Staal, Coyle can change this narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->