Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Not really a trade but changing teams so I'll put it here. Schenn was waived today, the first Dman through waivers in a week or two--since all the Bruins injuries. I could see the Bruins claiming him as an extra body just in case and then waive him a week or two from now once guys start returning. There are only 2 healthy NHL contract defenseman in Providence right now as Goloubef went down with injury last night.

This would prevent them from needing to make a trade from a weak leverage position. The only thing they can really offer other teams right now are injured defenseman. lol

Reactions: Skelen

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Wayne Simmonds makes the most sense from a needs perspective, once/ if the team gets healthy. Big tough and can score. Secondary scoring. Cost will be high and I’d want no part of resigning him to what most likely will be ridiculous contract demands. Strictly rental

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Remember when Luke Schenn was Toronto's next big thing on defense? Haha.... He sucks and I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. He's not better than anyone we're currently dressing. Yes, that includes the guys we actually dressed last night. I would not play him over Zboril, Clifton or Kampfer.

Reactions: maxl7

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
If Schenn is better than kampfer give him a try. No risk move, plus coach Dean is great fitting new players in system .

Would also be refreshing to have some snarl on the blue line.

Reactions: Skelen

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Wayne Simmonds makes the most sense from a needs perspective, once/ if the team gets healthy. Big tough and can score. Secondary scoring. Cost will be high and I’d want no part of resigning him to what most likely will be ridiculous contract demands. Strictly rental
that would've already occurred by now, and Sweeney simply isn't interested

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Need scoring ... the d isn't the issue.

Yep, I'm a lot more concerned with the secondary scoring than defense, the midd6 just doesn't seem scary.

Defense just needs to get healthy and it has quality on all 3 pairings.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Bruins are probably the team best positioned for a trade. Seemingly all of our assets have played in the NHL so far this season for GMs to see.

Reactions: Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I doubt an opposing GM tells DS to pump the brakes. If anything, if DS was having conversations with a GM, the price just went up. And there will be a marked increase depending on how bad Bergeron is.

The Bruins are in the situation now that I dreaded. What to do?

On one hand we have the ever so patient Don Sweeney, who will do things calmly and by putting a lot of thought into it. On the other, we have Cam Neely. Mr. emotional, the logo tattooed on his chest, now is the moment kind of guy.

I'm watching that situation more then the product on the ice.

In your opinion do you think Sweeney waits too long?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
panic-business-concept-psychological-health-450w-344979080.jpg

Lol. Yeah God forbid we traded for Muzzin he’d be our #10

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
There is a rumor beginning to circulate (I don't know how factual it is) that Kyle Dubas will be at the game tonight.

I wonder if the Bruins will be looking to trade for a member of Toronto’s “Top 10 defense” or if they are going for Nylander despite the red flags.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Interesting. Who would Dubas be interested in acquiring from the bruins? or Yotes? Hienen? Bjork? Gryz? Zboril? JFK?
Lauzon. Toronto needs a good defensively sound defenseman and he would fit the bill and add some offense too. If he has another 22-25 minute night tonight of solid play, he could be someone a lot of teams are interested in and the Bruins could afford to trade once some of their injured D start returning. I don't know what TOR would send back as Nylander would be too expensive for the Bruins cap and require more from the Bruins.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Bunch of people talking about grit and needing that bottom 6 support, I've always been interested in D.Smith-Pelly. Anyone? Bueller?

Not sure what the asking price is, he's probably more valuable to Wsh than he's worth really.

Another one I like is W.Carrier from Vegas. He leads the league in hits and throws in the occasional point.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
How about keeping Bjork, Zboril, JFK, Heinen and Gryz and getting Nylander?

And then what, pay him 8mil? Lol no thanks. Nylander might help this team to fill a hole or 2 but unless we are sending Backes with that package its a no from me dawg.

Edit: read that wrong, but I still stand but what I said. I want no part of Nylander unless we ship Backes with it.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
We need help on offense, we had since the beginning of the year. If anything this situation on defense only proved that we have a bunch of capable bodies and we can use some on trades.

On the other hand, on offense they’ve lacked and center man since forever and now with Bergeron our it will only get worse. Swenney needs to move his ass.

Buffalo and Montreal are already here.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
In the long run though. Scoring is needed way more than defensive help. The Bruins have a great amount of depth defensively, its a mere fluke that all these injury's too the d seemed to happen all at once.

Hopefully it'll be a blessing in disguise in the long run.

I'm not the least bit worried about their defense in the big picture but offensively they need help for that first line.

I`m not worried about their D long term either but am tough to change my mind/belief that when healthy (if that`s possible this year) this teams offence would be fine as the regular D crew would be far more consistent in puck possession/transition.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bruins are probably the team best positioned for a trade. Seemingly all of our assets have played in the NHL so far this season for GMs to see.
when all are healthy perhaps, not so sure they are in a spot of strength at this moment

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
put a claim on schenn… waive him out again when our guys return from the injury list

ironically... ive had the great enjoyment of joining an eastside hockey manager league with some of the fun posters here and from day 1 my goal was to get as many bruin players or guys with ties to the bruins onto my team as possible. sort of a way of living my little dream of being with the real team

and so far I was able to get jan Kovar first... then bruins grabbed him... and I was like holy crap that's cool
couple days ago I got luke schenn in a trade... if bruins actually do get him... trust me im going to burst

and just in case theres any connection between what I do and what the bruins are doing...I promise everyone here I will look up who has connor McDavid and trade that gm Zach senshyn {and maybe 10-20 real life dollars} for McDavid.

I mean if I do have the power to influence what the bruins are doing... then I definitely will use it as a force for good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad