Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
continued from here:

Proposal: - Bruins Trade Proposals XIV- Mod in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think everyone is holding their breath on Ottawa to see if the big two are gonna get resigned. If they do then the lesser players will get the attention.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
he's been mentioned a lot as far as I've seen.

we could do worse but he's shooting 18% so I wouldn't expect him to be a long-term solution.

Read the last two pages of the previous trade thread.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ottawa is also dealing with potential arena issues and how long will Melnyk survive there

Sens are a mess, my buddy has season tix there, says the empty seats for home games, even on a weekend night is a shame and embarrassing. The bigger issue outside of Melnyk is this, would there be someone out there willing to buy into taking over ownership of that franchise? Arena in the middle of absolutely nowhere, difficult to access, a team in disarray, a fan base fed up.....

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Sens are a mess, my buddy has season tix there, says the empty seats for home games, even on a weekend night is a shame and embarrassing. The bigger issue outside of Melnyk is this, would there be someone out there willing to buy into taking over ownership of that franchise? Arena in the middle of absolutely nowhere, difficult to access, a team in disarray, a fan base fed up.....

Win...and they will come.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Or moving the team to Quebec where there is a new arena in place and a loyal fan base yearning for another NHL franchise.

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Win...and they will come.

they will to a degree friend, my last year living in Ottawa prior to my move out East was during their Cup final run, playoffs sold out for sure but I probably hit about 20-25 home games that year and it mattered not if the game was early in the week or a weekend, absolutely plenty of seats to be had. Winning is one thing but access to the barn is horrible, especially in an era we are in now where a few clicks of the mouse can have you watching your team play from the comfort of your home.

I lived and worked in Kanata, I could walk to the arena in under a half hour, IF I chose to take public transportation there, 45-50 minutes which is insane

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Or moving the team to Quebec where there is a new arena in place and a loyal fan base yearning for another NHL franchise.

Quebec would support the team, I`m one who believes the city of Ottawa would too, but the arena has to be more central as I have mentioned in other posts

Despite fans not being the most boisterous for any of their teams, Ottawa is a very good sports town when it comes to fan knowledge and willingness to support their teams. It`s a great hockey city but the team needs to both compete and compete in a new arena

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Jacobs has talked about this on several occasions. He has always stated or hinted to the small market in Quebec not being able to handle a franchise. Just does not see it as a profitable business. That is why he is pushing Houston.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
We don't need more smallish players in our forward groups so I think you can forget Dzingel or Pageau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad