Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals V - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I like that line-up. But you are betting the farm on that 3rd line not getting victimized.

Personally, I am wary of Ferland. He wants big money and it is rumored Carolina was a first for him. I expect a bidding war for his services since he seems like a good playoff push fit for any team. The price could get crazy. On the other hand, I don't want Tampa, Washington, Toronto, or any other team we might face this postseason getting him either.

I think that 3rd line would hold their own. You could also swap Cehlarik and Schenn for more balance.

I think the rumor for Carolina is a 1st + prospect. In BOS case their sending them a young controlled NHL forward. Seems like that would have more value than some unknowns, no?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What about Heinen for Ferland and then Grz, top prospect, 2nd or 3rd for Schenn?

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Schenn
Ferland - Frederic - Cehlarik
Kuraly - Backes - Wagner

I had a guy like Williams( 2nd tier rental) out there based on the expected price. I'm worried Ferland is going to cost a 1st and he's not the best guy to address Bostons current top problem and re-signing him doesn't leave money on the table to address that weakness either.

But if you can get Ferland without the 1st Id' look into it.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think that 3rd line would hold their own. You could also swap Cehlarik and Schenn for more balance.

I think the rumor for Carolina is a 1st + prospect. In BOS case their sending them a young controlled NHL forward. Seems like that would have more value than some unknowns, no?

I see Ferland as a rental only. As such I don't want to get into a bidding war with other teams for him. Losing one of our young players and a pick only to get bounced postseason and him go UFA seems like a bad risk to me. I just dont have a good feeling about investing in him short or long term. The cost could come back to bite us either way.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I'm not part of the full blown panic movement but I'm in the middle of the road I'd say.
Leafs are healthy, and with the addition of Tavares and Muzzin, are a lot better than the team that took us to 7 games last season. Let's not kid ourselves.
TB like I stated in the off season have a full year of McDonagh and Miller, plus their young guns are improving.

I believe we are getting to the point where we need to decide if we're going for it or accepting another year of defeat and waiting for next season. In my mind, there's nothing on our roster, prospects wise, that leads me to believe we'll grow in leaps and bounds next season. That and the general core of this team ages one year.

I feel like I've posted this multiple times, as many of you have, but we need a 2RW and 3C in order for this team to compete this year. I would go for Schenn and an impact player like Stone. Swing for the fences. Picks/prospects, whatever it takes. I'm not saying we gut our team, but this is why we re-tooled in the first place so Don needs to get er done. Win a trade, show the fanbase they're committed to winning this year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I see Ferland as a rental only. As such I don't want to get into a bidding war with other teams for him. Losing one of our young players and a pick only to get bounced postseason and him go UFA seems like a bad risk to me. I just dont have a good feeling about investing in him short or long term. The cost could come back to bite us either way.

Well we have a lot of young wingers and not enough spots for all of them. Not sure if Ferland would be a long term piece, but he wont come cheap.

I'm 50/50 on him, but it's a move that would add some grit to the 3rd line.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm not part of the full blown panic movement but I'm in the middle of the road I'd say.
Leafs are healthy, and with the addition of Tavares and Muzzin, are a lot better than the team that took us to 7 games last season. Let's not kid ourselves.
TB like I stated in the off season have a full year of McDonagh and Miller, plus their guns are improving.

I believe we are getting to the point where we need to decide if we're going for it or accepting another year of defeat and waiting for next season. In my mind, there's nothing on our roster, prospects wise, that leads me to believe we'll grow in leaps and bounds next season. That and the general core of this team ages one year.

I feel like I've posted this multiple times, as many of you have, but we need a 2RW and 3C in order for this team to compete this year. I would go for Schenn and an impact player like Stone. Swing for the fences. Picks/prospects, whatever it takes. I'm not saying we gut our team, but this is why we re-tooled in the first place so Don needs to get er done. Win a trade, show the fanbase they're committed to winning this year.

it's not like the guy is Erik Karlsson here. It's a move that will help the Leaves GA and give them depth and more veteran leadership.

Reactions: Mathews28

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Personally I wouldn't expect any moves until the 13th or 14th of Feb.

The Bruins have 8 games between now and a lengthy western road trip from the 15th to the 23rd (5 games). Ideally you'd like your new acquisitions to be able to go on this trip, great way to get acclimated to their new teammates.

The 8 games between now and then will be trial runs for Cehlarik and Frederic.

They tried JFK as the 3rd scoring line C, and while he played pretty well, they want someone more similar to Backes to pair up with the aforrmentioned Backes. So they zeroed in on Schenn but in the interm they'll give Frederic a shot.

Meanwhile they've tried Donato and the now injured Bjork with Krejci/Debrusk and it didn't work either. So Cehlarik is there final kick at the can for a scoring winger to come from within.

What these two do IMO will determine what Sweeney does in terms of trades. If neither work out, I think he chases both the scoring winger and 3rd line C. I don't think he wants to give up the young assets to get both, but he will if both Frederic and Cehlarik aren't up to the task.

Conversely, if either of them can show over the next 8 games they can handle their role, I still think he chases an upgrade at one of the positions but not both, and will judge it accordingly.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
it's not like the guy is Erik Karlsson here. It's a move that will help the Leaves GA and give them depth and more veteran leadership.
I agree, but I was referencing a healthy leafs team + Tavares and Muzzin.
We tease the Leafs about their poor defence, well they just went out and added a top 3-4 defencemen. They also added a #1c and what exactly have the Bruins done to counter any moves since game 7 of last year? Wagner? Nordstrom? Moore? Frederick? Celharik? Absolutely nothing of impact!

Reactions: Strafer

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
It’s somewhat significant

I have a healthy Bruins beating a soft skilled Leafs in 5.

Maybe the Leafs can get it to 6?

They need to win this year they are heading to serious cap issues should Marner & Matthews not give them a hometown discount
From all accounts Muzzin had been quite good this year tough and physical but kind of wowed by the 17 assists and even more impressed with a plus 10 on a real crappy LA team. Could be thier Nathan Horton on the back end. I hope not.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
There are not any, there is not a Tavares like player rumored to be available this deadline, maybe Stone if he becomes available and you would then need to add the equivalent of Muzzin (that ain't Moore) so for the Bruins that would be a 3c that can score and anchor a good third line. Schenn is the first name that comes to mind or you look at the 2RW and that can be filled with Anderson (I don't think available) Ferland (ideally a 3RW), Simmonds, or a lessor player in Toffoli or Saad. Rentals don't work unless it's Panarin not William's or Vanek's.

People can hate the Leafs all they want, I can't stand the little analytic driven team, in many ways they are everything I hate about hockey from management to coaching to a set of soft turn the other cheek players, but the reality is they are better than the Bruins in pretty much every way except defensive depth.
This is exactly why we shouldn’t be getting into a talent arms-race at the deadline. We’ve got too many holes to fill and the gap between us and Tampa-Washington-Toronto isn’t going to narrow. Those teams still have moves to make, and you’ve got Colorado sitting out there looking to fill the same holes we are with an extra first rounder to offer up.

You restructure your team over the summer, and fill minor holes at the deadline. In hindsight, our mistake was standing pat over the summer. Compounding that by trying to play catch-up at the deadline is a bad idea IMO.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So if muzzin is a first round pick and 2 second round picks prospects . What's schenn value ? It's ridiculous . Hope Donny stays away from this nonsense .
Hate to break it to you but Danton Heinen, Ryan Donato and JFK are not going to contribute to winning a cup here, not in the top 9 anyway. Schenn is worth anyone in their prospect pool, young, signed for another year and everything they need. Physical, talented and can produce. Krejci leaves resign Schenn as your number 2 center for 5 more years. Not questions marks in Studnicka or Frederic who may become very good 3c's, MAY being the key word or a player that is looking like an abject failure in JFK. Hopefully Sweeney has taken off his "my prospects are great" glasses and moves some of these guys before the league catches on just how mediocre some are.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This is exactly why we shouldn’t be getting into a talent arms-race at the deadline. We’ve got too many holes to fill and the gap between us and Tampa-Washington-Toronto isn’t going to narrow. Those teams still have moves to make, and you’ve got Colorado sitting out there looking to fill the same holes we are with an extra first rounder to offer up.

You restructure your team over the summer, and fill minor holes at the deadline. In hindsight, our mistake was standing pat over the summer. Compounding that by trying to play catch-up at the deadline is a bad idea IMO.
I hate giving up on a season but Sweeney lost this season in July when he sat on his hands and did nothing except pray his prospects could fill key holes. They didn't so it's one and done or maybe not even making the playoffs. The only hope there is it gets Donny Danger canned because it will cost JJ playoff revenue.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well we have all the pieces to do it. Wish the Sens would consider it. Problem would also be he probably wouldn’t sign a 8x7.5 deal or close to that with Boston.

Idk, I mean we all thought Marchand and Pasta would be signed for much larger cap hits. Could Sweeney pitch Stone on taking a slightly less deal in order to play with Bergy/Marchand and creating the best 200ft line in hockey?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Hate to break it to you but Danton Heinen, Ryan Donato and JFK are not going to contribute to winning a cup here, not in the top 9 anyway. Schenn is worth anyone in their prospect pool, young, signed for another year and everything they need. Physical, talented and can produce. Krejci leaves resign Schenn as your number 2 center for 5 more years. Not questions marks in Studnicka or Frederic who may become very good 3c's, MAY being the key word or a player that is looking like an abject failure in JFK. Hopefully Sweeney has taken off his "my prospects are great" glasses and moves some of these guys before the league catches on just how mediocre some are.
Danton jfk and zboril are the most concerning yes. I'd still hold onto donato .

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd have all the Grzelcyk, Heinen, JFK, Lauzon, Donato, picks(if you think he can be the next Krejci) on the table for Schenn.
Starting with Grzelcyk++.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I hate giving up on a season but Sweeney lost tghis season in July when he sat on his hands and did nothing except pray his prospects could fill key holes. They didn't so it's one and doe or maybe not even making the playoffs. The only hope there is it gets Donny Danger canned because it will cost JJ playoff revenue.

I think they'll make a move, they have to, if there was ever a team that should be buying it's the b's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad