Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals V - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If that's the B's reasoning or if they have no interest in any Philly players then that is PATHETIC!
If I'm Neely and DS says that he isn't interested in any players from either team I kick him down the stairs and out the door along with his scouts.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Get the Ghost, signed to a great deal. Opens up a trade with Krug. That d has no structure(in Philly). He would kill it in Boston

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
IMO I dont think I'd want anyone from NJD (unless Hall) and same goes for Philly....so I'm okay with none of them being there :)

THIS is what I was replying to:

If that's the B's reasoning or if they have no interest in any Philly players then that is PATHETIC!
If I'm Neely and DS says that he isn't interested in any players from either team I kick him down the stairs and out the door along with his scouts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenian24

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Don't think Boyle does much of anything. Been a LW all season. The other 2 could help, but I don't think NJ makes them available.

You do not watch him enough then. He has 13 goals .He has playoff experience and he can play centre or wing He would come dirt cheep and help Bruins 3rd line.He has more shorthanders then entire Bruins roster so kills penalties. He is a minus but on that team no wonder

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
You do not watch him enough then .He has playoff experience and he can play centre or wing He would come dirt cheep and help Bruins 3rd line.He has 13 goals.He has more shorthanders then entire Bruins roster so kills penalties. He is a minus but on that team no wonder

I've watched Boyle. Also seen two teams use him the last two years and him be an absolute ghost in the playoffs. He's not a 3c, so that leaves 4th line center/wing. Not a big upgrade over what we have.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I've watched Boyle. Also seen two teams use him the last two years and him be an absolute ghost in the playoffs. He's not a 3c, so that leaves 4th line center/wing. Not a big upgrade over what we have.

Well that is your opinion.Bruins 3rd line do not have 13 goals combined .He could play centre but ok even put him on wing for what it would cost is well worth it.Sorry they have 15 combined my mistake .Low risk n cost might get high reward.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Well that is your opinion.Bruins 3rd line do not have 13 goals combined .He could play centre but ok even put him on wing for what it would cost is well worth it.Sorry they have 15 combined my mistake .

He also has 6 PP goals, Under 10 goals and under 10 assists 5 on 5 for a season, not very exciting.

Almost 3 minutes of PP time a game, over 2 last season. Meh.

He also has zero short handed goals. You are probably looking at PP. He hasn't had a shorty since 2015. He does kill penalties though.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He also has 6 PP goals, Under 10 goals and under 10 assists 5 on 5 for a season, not very exciting.

Almost 3 minutes of PP time a game, over 2 last season. Meh.

I am only concerned how he would help last 33 games and playoffs.Was not thinking bout him on pp but was on PK and hoping he could get a few big goals on 3rd line.Bruins could use some more experience and size in forward group.Him.and Schenn I would like but Anyways your against it so no sence me and you going back and forth .Lets just wait this out and see if Don Sweeeney decides to help roster or stand pat.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I am only concerned how he would help last 33 games and playoffs.Was not thinking bout him on pp but was on PK and hoping he could get a few big goals on 3rd line.Bruins could use some more experience and size in forward group.Him.and Schenn I would like but Anyways your against it so no sence me and you going back and forth .Lets just wait this out and see if Don Sweeeney decides to help roster or stand pat.
Stand pat muzzin price of 1st round pick and 2 second pick prospects scared me out of the market. Look for el cheapo rentals at the deadline donny.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I want McDavid

Do it Donny

We are in fear of the great Jake Muzzin a Leafs

Get him
Is it me or is this Muzzin trade not a big deal to me. They gave up no roster but did give up a first for him. Bruins don’t want to give up s first for anyone shot of an impact player. Is Muzzin an impact player? This draft is pretty good so I’m told. This move was to be expected but it’s not a game changer for the leafs. I’m not taking away anything from Muzzin either, I like him as a player.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is it me or is this Muzzin trade not a big deal to me. They gave up no roster but did give up a first for him. Bruins don’t want to give up s first for anyone shot of an impact player. Is Muzzin an impact player? This draft is pretty good so I’m told. This move was to be expected but it’s not a game changer for the leafs. I’m not taking away anything from Muzzin either, I like him as a player.
It’s somewhat significant

I have a healthy Bruins beating a soft skilled Leafs in 5.

Maybe the Leafs can get it to 6?

They need to win this year they are heading to serious cap issues should Marner & Matthews not give them a hometown discount

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

They need to win this year they are heading to serious cap issues should Marner & Matthews not give them a hometown discount
Maybe it’s an impact for what you say. On the ice though, I’m not to riled up about it. You knew they were going to get someone. Doubtvits the last one for them prob.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

They got the type of defender they needed, their main weaknesses is stopping the cycle game and Muzzin will help in that area. Is he an impact player? Well he was good enough to be selected to Team Canada for the last World Cup so maybe he is. Granted being a left-shot was the main reason.

I think sometimes people overvalue 1st round picks in that 20-31 range where you got maybe a 1 in 5 chance of drafting a real good player. That pick isn't going to make or break the Leafs future.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Honestly wouldn't do anyhting until Rask becomes clear. They're talking about him being back soon, but there is a difference between being back, and actually back being Rask. Halak will not lead this team on a run.
I hate hate hate to agree on this point. But I do agree — 100% agree.

Really don’t want to even consider prospect, but last time we saw Tuukka he got hammered. Two U’s, Two K’s, One Truck.

If he is not up to starter level for some time we need early season Halak back, not mid season Halak.

If Tuukka is good to go and playing well, let the trades rip. If not? Then trade in a way that helps us build for next year +, not this year.

Going nowhere with a subpar/concussed Rask. Fingers massively crossed.

Reactions: Pia8988

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Jake Virtanen reminds you of Cam Neely. Wow no pressure there whatsoever. And the fact you think Virtanen can make a bigger impact on this team then Schenn makes me know you’re off the reservation.

When Cam Neely played in Vancouver, Cam Neely did not remind me of Cam Neely.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Not passing judgement on deal or Bruins management but will say our next GM being a bit more aggressive would be a refreshing change and a nice new dynamic to follow along.

Yeah, a GM who wheels and deals to get us into the big show each year. It might cost us all our picks and prospects of course, but worth the gamble!
I mean, how could it backfire? Just look at the mighty Rangers......

Reactions: wintersej

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Leafs got stronger on d and didn’t give up any major roster pieces Sweeney has to make his move now. Players maybe gone by trade deadline

Snow forecasted here for tomorrow. All the grocery stores have been cleared out of milk and bread. They are calling for 2-4 inches.

Panic does not result in wise decisions in the long run.

PS: neither does Panik

Reactions: Chief Nine

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I want McDavid

Do it Donny

We are in fear of the great Jake Muzzin a Leafs

Get him

The hyperbole is delicious around here.

giphy.gif

Reactions: HustleB

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Cups ain`t given out in January
I believe the expression is you can't win one in October but you can lose one, right now Donny Danger has them well on their way to another one and done or not making the playoffs.
At this point, with Rask on IR I really don't want them to do anything, he will screw it up and Halak isn't getting them anywhere in the playoffs. Tweaking with some real toughness and legit bottom 6 players on contracts with term is good, him trying to fill the second line spot could be disastrous.

I'm leaning more towards leaving the team alone and bringing in new management this off season.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I believe the expression is you can't win one in October but you can lose one, right now Donny Danger has them well on their way to another one and done or not making the playoffs.
At this point, with Rask on IR I really don't want them to do anything, he will screw it up and Halak isn't getting them anywhere in the playoffs. Tweaking with some real toughness and legit bottom 6 players on contracts with term is good, him trying to fill the second line spot could be disastrous.

I'm leaning more towards leaving the team alone and bringing in new management this off season.

That seems highly unlikely. I think you’ll be banging your head against the wall for at least a few more years.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

This Bruins team has no rights to call anyone soft. The difference between Toronto and Boston is the skilled part. Leafs soft and skilled, Bruins soft and very limited skill. Danton Heinen, Donato, JFK, et al may be soft but the skill they are suppose to have is not resulting in points or helping them win. I'll take Hyman-Kadri-Brown over Heinen-JFK-Donato any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad