Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yeah, I don't know which one is right. I've never heard of spotrac dot com but that doesn't mean much. I have seen TSN reference Capfriendly, they seemed to take over for Capgeek so that's the one I use.

When I look at David Krejci for the two sites, Spotrac says he has a full NTC that last two years of his deal, but Capfriendly says the last 2 years are a modified NTC...

"CLAUSE DETAILS: Modified NTC: player must provide a list of at least 50% of the teams playing in the NHL as of the 2019-20 season to which he would accept a trade (if odd number then round down)."

Capfriendly is correct

Reactions: PlayMakers

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yeah, honestly, those are the only kinds of deals I'm interested in making.

Upgrade on Krug.
Upgrade on Krejci..
Upgrade on Backes...

They're all good players.

Krug can be spectacular but has some limitations and there is the potential there to upgrade to a truly dominant top two like Keith/Seabrook or Suter/Weber back in the day. Hanifin would be a great choice.

Krejci is a game changer when he's on but his health has become a major worry at this point and I'm starting to think that story may end in a costly buyout. (You can buy out players on NMC's, fwiw.) Why aren't we talking more about John Tavares? He could be the best free agent of all time.

Backes is playing great and that would be another really hard contract to move so I'd say this is the least likely, but watching that Washington game I couldn't help but wish for an angrier version of Backes. Maybe Simmonds? I don't know, more like a young Lucic if that exists in today's NHL. Tom Wilson is a lower case version of that.

Long story short, I hope any trade efforts are to upgrade on existing vets, not push the current young players out of the lineup. They have an excess of futures. They could make a splash if they want to.

I like the way you think.

Reactions: PlayMakers

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, if only it was that easy lmfao
I can't see anything if that even happens till this offseason and I do expect Krug to have a 20 game run/streak where he's excellent all over.

The information available 120 days and about 50 games from now will be more valuable to make decisions.
I wouldn't rule out anything.

I'm a big Hanifan guy and he is a LHD trending up, up, up.

Probably not even available but he and McAvoy as pillars make this team potentially a monster.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Yeah, honestly, those are the only kinds of deals I'm interested in making.

Upgrade on Krug.
Upgrade on Krejci..
Upgrade on Backes...

They're all good players.

Krug can be spectacular but has some limitations and there is the potential there to upgrade to a truly dominant top two like Keith/Seabrook or Suter/Weber back in the day. Hanifin would be a great choice.

Krejci is a game changer when he's on but his health has become a major worry at this point and I'm starting to think that story may end in a costly buyout. (You can buy out players on NMC's, fwiw.) Why aren't we talking more about John Tavares? He could be the best free agent of all time.

Backes is playing great and that would be another really hard contract to move so I'd say this is the least likely, but watching that Washington game I couldn't help but wish for an angrier version of Backes. Maybe Simmonds? I don't know, more like a young Lucic if that exists in today's NHL. Tom Wilson is a lower case version of that.

Long story short, I hope any trade efforts are to upgrade on existing vets, not push the current young players out of the lineup. They have an excess of futures. They could make a splash if they want to.
If Tavares leaves NYI (long shot) I’d guess he’ll want to go to a team who can contend now where he could share the burden of expectations. Toronto Boston Tampa make sense. Boston has something Toronto doesn’t have though,, Bergeron and Marchand.

Hanifin would be dynamite here. I’m not on the “move Krug” train, but for an upgrade like Hanifin I would. He would stabilize the left side once Chara leaves.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
If Tavares leaves NYI (long shot) I’d guess he’ll want to go to a team who can contend now where he could share the burden of expectations. Toronto Boston Tampa make sense. Boston has something Toronto doesn’t have though,, Bergeron and Marchand.

Hanifin would be dynamite here. I’m not on the “move Krug” train, but for an upgrade like Hanifin I would. He would stabilize the left side once Chara leaves.

I'm wondering why Hanifin is bring brought up so often... Why would the Hurricanes be looking to deal him? Is there something I'm missing?

Reactions: wintersej

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I can't see anything if that even happens till this offseason and I do expect Krug to have a 20 game run/streak where he's excellent all over.

The information available 120 days and about 50 games from now will be more valuable to make decisions.
I wouldn't rule out anything.

I'm a big Hanifan guy and he is a LHD trending up, up, up.

Probably not even available but he and McAvoy as pillars make this team potentially a monster.

It would be filthy. Hanifin is the type of guy I’d love the bruins to target. Krug in a package would work for me as well, and I’m a huge Krug guy.

Just don’t think Boston has what Carolina wants. Or rather, has pieces that would be worth giving up for Hanifin. I’m sure they’d entertain Pastrnak but that’s not helpful for Boston.

They’re sent on defense and don’t need prospects. It doesn’t really make sense for them to swap Hanifin for Krug (even with a plus). We don’t have a center they’d want for Hanifin.

I just don’t see the fit right now.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm wondering why Hanifin is bring brought up so often... Why would the Hurricanes be looking to deal him? Is there something I'm missing?

Dealing from a position of strength? They have a lot of depth there. They have slavin who is an absolute stud and on a good deal.

They have Fleury and Bean as prospects. Fleury is a potential top 4 guy in the AHL.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like him and looking down the road

Boston was rumored to be targeting him in 2015 and he's starting to show the skill that will make him a top pairing

Carolina logically and wisely would build team around him

Carolina has one of deepest defenses in game adding all compartments from NHL to 2 high end prospects coming along

Boston could have a log jam this summer and I'm spit balling

However, in 120 days the picture will be much clearer then today

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm also wondering how he's an upgrade after half a good season? A lot of people calling him a bust before this year....long term makes sense, but I would assume if we're dealing a good player now it would be to upgrade now.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If I was Carolina, I would want a potential star in return for Hanifin. From the Bruins that would be Pastrnak or Heinen+/Bjork+/DeBrusk+. If the Bruins aren't willing to move roster pieces, the best offer they can probably put together is three very good prospects that could bolster Carolina's depth. So something like Frederic/JFK/Studnicka + Senyshyn + Zboril/Lauzon/Lindgren/Vaakanainen.

However, would Carolina even consider such a package? How much better will the three players they pick in that Bruins' package be compared to say Roy + Gauthier + Bean/Fleury who are already in the system, and with that in mind, is giving up Hanifin worth that supposed upgrade over what the already have?

In my opinion, if the Bruins ever trade Krug, I hope the Bruins would try to get a young top 6C with the potential of being a #1 (+ coming from Boston of course). Same goes for Carolina in my opinion, especially since Hanifin has more value than Krug and getting a young #1C is arguably Carolina's biggest need.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm also wondering how he's an upgrade after half a good season? A lot of people calling him a bust before this year....long term makes sense, but I would assume if we're dealing a good player now it would be to upgrade now.
This would no way be a now thing.

Bruins best chance is with Krug.

I expect Krug to somewhat replicate Rask when Cassidy commented about his play last month

Cassidy using these well placed comments very judiciously

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
The negative reviews of his play are ones I'm unfamiliar with. Dude looks like the real deal every time I've seen him play. Certainly not a guy I'd be worried about not performing, although I admit my viewings of Hanifin are limited in number.

Still don't believe that if they're looking at making a move, Hanifin is where they'd start. Only way I could see it, is if it was a situation similar to Hamilton and the Bruins (or perhaps more like Turris and the Senators) where he's stated that Carolina isn't in his future and he'd prefer (say) a more traditional hockey market (for example).

It's intriguing talk and I'd be all for it, but from the responses here it sounds more like hf spitballing than realistic possibility.

BruinsNetwork

If you're a team like the Capitals and can't get over the hump, do you take a chance on a player like Krejci to play with Ovechkin. Oh my imagine that.

Why would they do that when Washington already have Backstrom who’s amongst the top centers in the NHL? He’s a better all-around player than Krejci, too. The answer for Washington isn’t acquiring another expensive player, IMO.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
If CAR moves any of their D you have to think it would be Faulk, right? Hanifin and Slavin are the two you build around.

CAR has always needed a #1C. And I think that is what they would need to move a guy like Hanafin.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If CAR moves any of their D you have to think it would be Faulk, right? Hanifin and Slavin are the two you build around.

CAR has always needed a #1C. And I think that is what they would need to move a guy like Hanafin.

Hanifin or Faulk...Both are landing Carolina a #1 center. Boston certainly doesn't have one to give right now.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

Agreed. Unless we are talking about a young proven 1C (I understand that those are almost unicorns), Hanifin isn't moving. Something like Hanifin for Draisaitl seems like it'd make sense for both teams. Faulk is a different case and might be available for a little less.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It would be filthy. Hanifin is the type of guy I’d love the bruins to target. Krug in a package would work for me as well, and I’m a huge Krug guy.

Just don’t think Boston has what Carolina wants. Or rather, has pieces that would be worth giving up for Hanifin. I’m sure they’d entertain Pastrnak but that’s not helpful for Boston.

They’re sent on defense and don’t need prospects. It doesn’t really make sense for them to swap Hanifin for Krug (even with a plus). We don’t have a center they’d want for Hanifin.

I just don’t see the fit right now.

Maybe this doesn't make sense or it does no idea but: David Krejci is a center, his wife comes from North Carolina where he lives in the off season. It's a bit of a stretch but maybe Krejci and a + for Hanafin works for both teams and gets DK to sign off on it?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Maybe this doesn't make sense or it does no idea but: David Krejci is a center, his wife comes from North Carolina where he lives in the off season. It's a bit of a stretch but maybe Krejci and a + for Hanafin works for both teams and gets DK to sign off on it?

Does it make sense for Carolina to give up a young top 4, potentially top 2 defenseman in Hanafin for a guy in Krejci who, while great, is 32 years old. That seems like a deal that Carolina would make if they were a legitimate Cup contender trying to make that final push.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

I think the problem is the center position for Boston. You'd be asking Spooner to center a Bjork/DeBrusk line which played like 7 minutes the other night. Nash would be locked into your 3C, and that line has been very good, but they essentially played 2nd line the other night. I don't think that's ideal.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I don't think it would be that easy DK with all his injuries problems this yr and the way he's battled back to be able to play. I seriously doubt he'll waive his no-trade during the season as the Bruins have a legitimate chance with a healthy Krejci to make a run at a cup.

If Krejci stays healthy the Bruins offense is as deep and as good as anyones!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think the problem is the center position for Boston. You'd be asking Spooner to center a Bjork/DeBrusk line which played like 7 minutes the other night. Nash would be locked into your 3C, and that line has been very good, but they essentially played 2nd line the other night. I don't think that's ideal.

I didn't say that it hit every button that has to be hit for a deal but the Bruins can then add to it. In regards to Krejci, he has a few years left maybe Carolina wouldn't be the worst place in the world for him to finish his career? Maybe if Spooner keeps up his good play he can be the center to go plus our first rounder and one or two prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad