Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
To me, the only way you try to trade Krejci is if Tavares goes to free agency and he could be gotten for the Bruins. Someone here said Carolina could be a good fit, I could see it, but no way for Hanifin. IF Tavares were to sign here, you'd trade Krejci to Carolina for picks/prospects/not Hanifin.

But really, it's more wishful thinking.

It's probably wishful thinking, but that's the type of thing I'd prefer. However, Tavares coming in for 10M+ AAV...How's that affect the cap? I've never really looked into that stuff, signing a big time free agent like Tavares and having to re-sign some of our young players. Glad I'm not the GM haha

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
It's probably wishful thinking, but that's the type of thing I'd prefer. However, Tavares coming in for 10M+ AAV...How's that affect the cap? I've never really looked into that stuff, signing a big time free agent like Tavares and having to re-sign some of our young players. Glad I'm not the GM haha

Yeah it's a tough one. But Tavares is one of the top players in the league and its rare those become available, if he does go to free agency. The Bruins have many of the young kids on the cheap for the next two to three years, so I think you could get by and, when Beleskey/Backes/Chara are either off the books or one year left, you can theoretically move that money.

I think it would be doable for Tavares, but anyone else, not worth it. And I am glad I'm not the GM either!

Reactions: Strafer

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
If Chevy wants Spooner it's because he wants Spooner, not because Scheifele went down for 2 months.

They moved Wheeler to center and put Laine with him and Connor and didn't miss a beat.

Havent missed a beat based on 2 games....Right

Reactions: Mpasta

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I want Taveres even if Krejci is still here. Imagine that line-up. They would have to buy-out Beleseky and trade Spooner and McQ at a minimum, but I think they could squeeze him into next year's cap situation. The problem would be in 2-3 years when they need to sign CMac in particular; but also Bjork, DeBrusk, Heinen, Carlo, etc. Taveres would make this team the cup favorite for sure.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
No glaring weakness on the Bruins. I would like a Peverly type acquisition at the deadline for added depth. Maybe a Sam Gagner type?

I love how the kids are growing together and don't want to tinker too much with that process.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Havent missed a beat based on 2 games....Right

Based on 2 games they did just fine.

It's not my fault you made a flat-out awful trade suggestion like Chevy making a major deal just because one of his top players is out for 6 weeks. NHL GMs don't operate like that.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Good point. Just do not see Spooner having any place on this team after this year. It is trade him this season or let him walk in the offseason

I agree with this but I doubt Spooner gets moved. Krecji might be day to day for the rest of the season. We need Spooner for the playoff run even if he walks after the season. We'd be a back spasm away from running Backes and Nash out as our #2 and #3 C

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Please don't talk about Tavares. I don't want to get my hopes up and then get crushed. ****ing Tavares, holy hell. Can you imagine? <3

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The Islanders will lose Tavares before they deal him. The new owner is a fantastic and if John leaves it won't be over money.

Here's a thing on John I heard. His the most underrated superstar in the tri state area and recently had a chance to sign a lucrative ad deal for TV. Before signing he went to the company and asked them for a spreadsheet on how long the commitment is per week time wise....they said it would never take away from practice time.

They told him and he declined. He said the time (I heard it was only a few hours per week) would keep him away from his physical training and additional time other than practice that he skates and trains on ice.

His owner recently backed it up on a radio interview. He's one of the most intense and focused athletes in any sport.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
The Islanders will lose Tavares before they deal him. The new owner is a fantastic and if John leaves it won't be over money.

Here's a thing on John I heard. His the most underrated superstar in the tri state area and recently had a chance to sign a lucrative ad deal for TV. Before signing he went to the company and asked them for a spreadsheet on how long the commitment is per week time wise....they said it would never take away from practice time.

They told him and he declined. He said the time (I heard it was only a few hours per week) would keep him away from his physical training and additional time other than practice that he skates and trains on ice.

His owner recently backed it up on a radio interview. He's one of the most intense and focused athletes in any sport.

That's just awesome. The dude wants to be his best and wants to win.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Based on 2 games they did just fine.

It's not my fault you made a flat-out awful trade suggestion like Chevy making a major deal just because one of his top players is out for 6 weeks. NHL GMs don't operate like that.

My whole ORIGINAL post was about how it is hard being a GM making trades at certain times. Ie is it worth trading Spooner right now given the injuries the Bruins have dealt with this year. Or for Winnipeg if you need to fill the hole left for Scheielfe. IMO over 6-8 weeks Winnipeg will need to.

My other point is for the first time the Bruins are dealing from a point of strength as they are deep down the middle for years to come, and I think Sweeney should try to exploit a.team LIKE Winnipeg who is sitting in a P.O. spot without their number 1 center at their service.

Your right CHEVY may not have BEEN looking at Spooner until a few nights ago. Now he may be.

My second point was if Sweeney could turn it into a bigger trade to help the Bruins now as it is clear Spooner has 0 future in Boston after this year.

Just because YOU think the trade is bad is YOUR opinion. I read a lot of your post and disagree with almost all of them. Or the other poster saying Chevy does not panic like he knows the guy or has any knowledge what he is thinking is absurd. A Good GM makes trades at the right time.

I think a package for Trouba who is not at all a lock to resign with Winnipeg or may not want to can start with Spooner and Krug and move to further conversations.

That being said the other component would be Boston signs Trouba in the trade much like Turris did.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
We are almost healthy and winning, we are not desperate and have great chemistry. You see it on the bench and on the ice. Who you bring in and trade is going have impact on these guys. Lets hope we make the right choice.

I am impressed with a few guys playing for Team Canada in the Spengler Cup and it pretty much looks like the Olympic team. Zach Boychuk, be great to have that name back. He is a dynamic center playing in the KHL and a former 1st round pick.

The goalie Kevin Poulin was fantastic(Isles picked, he is in the KHL. Grinder PK energy guy and scorer David McIntyre. Maxim Noreau right dee playing in the Swiss league, has a rocket from the point and was great last year too.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My whole ORIGINAL post was about how it is hard being a GM making trades at certain times. Ie is it worth trading Spooner right now given the injuries the Bruins have dealt with this year. Or for Winnipeg if you need to fill the hole left for Scheielfe. IMO over 6-8 weeks Winnipeg will need to.

My other point is for the first time the Bruins are dealing from a point of strength as they are deep down the middle for years to come, and I think Sweeney should try to exploit a.team LIKE Winnipeg who is sitting in a P.O. spot without their number 1 center at their service.

Your right CHEVY may not have BEEN looking at Spooner until a few nights ago. Now he may be.

My second point was if Sweeney could turn it into a bigger trade to help the Bruins now as it is clear Spooner has 0 future in Boston after this year.

Just because YOU think the trade is bad is YOUR opinion. I read a lot of your post and disagree with almost all of them. Or the other poster saying Chevy does not panic like he knows the guy or has any knowledge what he is thinking is absurd. A Good GM makes trades at the right time.

I think a package for Trouba who is not at all a lock to resign with Winnipeg or may not want to can start with Spooner and Krug and move to further conversations.

That being said the other component would be Boston signs Trouba in the trade much like Turris did.

The other poster is basing his comment on Chevy based on Chevy's history as a GM, he's a patient as it gets when it comes to making trades if you look at his track record. So it's not an absurd comment at all.

Suggesting a GM make a major move like trading Trouba for a package of Spooner/Krug just because he lost a star player for 6 weeks is completely absurd and quite honestly very unrealistic. I don't think your trade idea is bad (there is value there) but unrealistic based on how NHL GMs operate (i.e. they rarely panic and make moves for the very short term)

A good GM does make good trades at the right time. Making a deal while Scheifele is injured is the exact opposite of the right time for Winnipeg.

You can disagree with my comments on this board all you want, hard to take you seriously when some of your comments directed at me lately consisted of one word immature responses like "Really?".

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
The other poster is basing his comment on Chevy based on Chevy's history as a GM, he's a patient as it gets when it comes to making trades if you look at his track record. So it's not an absurd comment at all.

Suggesting a GM make a major move like trading Trouba for a package of Spooner/Krug just because he lost a star player for 6 weeks is completely absurd and quite honestly very unrealistic. I don't think your trade idea is bad (there is value there) but unrealistic based on how NHL GMs operate (i.e. they rarely panic and make moves for the very short term)

A good GM does make good trades at the right time. Making a deal while Scheifele is injured is the exact opposite of the right time for Winnipeg.

You can disagree with my comments on this board all you want, hard to take you seriously when some of your comments directed at me lately consisted of one word immature responses like "Really?".

Again his track record of being patient is mute and wrong as his team has never been in this position before at this time.of year. They are usually out of a P.O. spot with their number 1 center in the lineup
This is a circumstantial predicament Chevy has never been in before.

Secondly I said Sweeney should target a GM LIKE Chevy who may need to make a trade as Boston is dealing in a position of strength with all the prospects down the middle. Also being that Spooner is playing well of late which I'm sure will change as he has not been a beacon of consistency throughout his career.

Thirdly i dont look at dealing Trouba as panicking more a GM who may understand Trouba doesn' want to be there. I'm not saying Trouba does not want to be in Winnipeg but his time there has not been all rainbows. Also as a UFA I would not want to loose him for nothing.

Getting Krug would get the peg an affordable 4/5 guy and Spooner would give them some depth down the middle for.thus year and may help them in the near future.

Trouba gives Boston that left handed top 4 D man they need. (Provided he signs in the trade and what he signs for of course)

I think a conversation like this makes sense for both teams is my point.

That being said my whole point is i would like to Sweeney address Bostons current needs to make a run. IMO they are playing well but are not a contender yet. But not far off either

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Chicago Wolves fans know Cheveldayoff quite well, and so do AHL Fans, Ryan77, so we know of what we speak, otherwise you will hear from their fanbase directly.....

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Chicago Wolves fans know Cheveldayoff quite well, and so do AHL Fans, Ryan77, so we know of what we speak, otherwise you will hear from their fanbase directly.....

Okay next time you talk to Chevy directly you let me know. Seeing as you know him and what he is thinking.

You may want to stop posting on these boards and consider being an insider since you know Chevy so well. Maybe Bobby Mac wants to retire

My posts are all hypothetical because i have no idea what Chevy Sweeney or any GM are thinking. I just make suggesting and assumptions but obviously you are posting facts.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
:laugh:" Click"

Ottawa not trading Stone no-matter how hard you look especially for a deal around Spooner.

The Sens will undoubtedly like to deal Hoffman ,Brassard and would love to deal Ryan and would even trade Ceci for the right price but their not trading Stone unless they get an over-payment.

Spooner might not get us Stone, but he might be a target. Considering Spooner would actually be an upgrade to Duchene which has been a mistake at best.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Winnipeg trade proposals *right now* are dumb until the summer. They haven't won since their move and this years team is loaded.

They'll likely lose Enstrom and I could see them deciding to trade Trouba who will be a difficult signing for 2 D men under control for a couple years. If you want to cough up Carlo and Krug for Trouba I'm sure they'll do it. They'll let Enstrom walk and get some really nice offers for Trouba they're in good shape. If they have to buyout Buff to fit in all those forwards its no big deal and worth it.

If they can ink Connor and Laine this summer to long term deals they don't really need that good of a blue line and will be good for a long time.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

What makes you so confident?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
My stance is not all the kids will continue to produce like they have thus far. We also struggle to score at times. We need to add a 2nd line veteran to this lineup. But ya, I don't want to give up much either. So whats up with Thomas Vanek? Rumor: Bruins and Canucks linked in trade discussion for top winger
didn't we have a dozen options to get vanek the last few years if we wanted him? hes such a loser I cant possibly see why we would want to bring him in for a playoff run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->