Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The way this team is playing, it shapes out to be the time for Sweeney to trade the 1st+ for the best rental at the deadline.

I would hope that if he were to trade the first he would do it sooner than the trade deadline and at his own terms, not for a rental.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I would hope that if he were to trade the first he would do it sooner than the trade deadline and at his own terms, not for a rental.

Should have said value instead of rental. As for when it happens, the standings are so tight that the deadline is when it usually happens. Bruins are a great team. Add one of the top players on the market at the deadline and SCF is the aim.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I'm wondering why Hanifin is bring brought up so often... Why would the Hurricanes be looking to deal him? Is there something I'm missing?
I believe its because he's a Boston boy but there's no way their letting him go at least not during the season as the cane are only a few points out of playoff spot themselves and they are a very young team as well and if they could squeeze into a spot it would do their future a whale of good.
As well as were talking trade with Carolina though, lets include Elias Lindholm in whatever deal gets us Hanifan.:thumbu:

Reactions: TCB

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I see CAR doing all that they can to draft Brady Tkachuk in this year’s draft. He would be their 1C for years to come. You have to imagine they are ok to stick with the waiting game. The payoff could be huge as they are still a young team.

That being said, if a team like EDM wants to make up for the Hall/Larson trade - RNH + for Hanifin would probably garner some interst. Hmm...

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I see CAR doing all that they can to draft Brady Tkachuk in this year’s draft. He would be their 1C for years to come. You have to imagine they are ok to stick with the waiting game. The payoff could be huge as they are still a young team.

That being said, if a team like EDM wants to make up for the Hall/Larson trade - RNH + for Hanifin would probably garner some interst. Hmm...

Id prefer his brother Matt

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Maybe this doesn't make sense or it does no idea but: David Krejci is a center, his wife comes from North Carolina where he lives in the off season. It's a bit of a stretch but maybe Krejci and a + for Hanafin works for both teams and gets DK to sign off on it?

Krejci certainly wouldn't be the target for a rebuilding team like the Hurricanes.

The best time to move Krejci was around the 2013-14 season. Coming off a monster playoffs. And we still had Seguin. Krejci at best is going to return futures and a current downgrade with upside. I don't think he's a guy a team would trade a blue chip for.

Actually, Seguin would be the perfect piece to trade to get Hanifin+, too bad we have nothing to show for that blunder.

Reactions: Strafer

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Is the Ryan nugent Hopkins to boston rumor still alive? Might be worth it depends on the price .

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I would definitely look at a deal for stone around spooner[/QUOTE]
:laugh:" Click"

Ottawa not trading Stone no-matter how hard you look especially for a deal around Spooner.

The Sens will undoubtedly like to deal Hoffman ,Brassard and would love to deal Ryan and would even trade Ceci for the right price but their not trading Stone unless they get an over-payment.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am thinking Spooner should be the player the Bruins are looking to trade . A three point game helps with his value. Now is the time to move him if you can find a good return.
I want to make sure we see #46 show he`s 100% healthy before I rush to dangle Spoons out there

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I want to make sure we see #46 show he`s 100% healthy before I rush to dangle Spoons out there

Good point. Just do not see Spooner having any place on this team after this year. It is trade him this season or let him walk in the offseason

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
This is the tough part of being a GM.

Can Sweeney get a first rounder from Winnipeg for Spooner?? Schiefel out 6-8 weeks so Winnipeg needs a center to fill in and Spooner IMO would love Winnipeg style of play.

That being said if your Sweeney are you comfortable to deal Spooner with all the injuries this year??

It is tough as no doubt Spooner does not fit in the long term plan here and him playing wing is not a long term solution IMO. He is playing well and now may be the time to deal.

How about a bigger deal

Spooner krug

Trouba sign and trade?

Reactions: TCB and Strafer

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Can Sweeney get a first rounder from Winnipeg for Spooner?? Schiefel out 6-8 weeks so Winnipeg needs a center to fill in and Spooner IMO would love Winnipeg style of play.

That being said if your Sweeney are you comfortable to deal Spooner with all the injuries this year??

It is tough as no doubt Spooner does not fit in the long term plan here and him playing wing is not a long term solution IMO. He is playing well and now may be the time to deal.

How about a bigger deal

Spooner krug

Trouba sign and trade?

WHAT'S Cheveldayoff's plan, though long-term..... there must be options there in-house..... and I wouldn't be quick to deal Spooner off, no to trading Krug in any deal

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

How about a bigger deal

Spooner krug

Trouba sign and trade?

Not sure if Krug gets moved, I could however see a move with Spoons/Vatrano and a pick if DS is looking to land a bigger fish, not that FV would garner a ton of return but he`s probably a kid other GM`s would be enticed with a bit

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Not sure if Krug gets moved, I could however see a move with Spoons/Vatrano and a pick if DS is looking to land a bigger fish, not that FV would garner a ton of return but he`s probably a kid other GM`s would be enticed with a bit

I'm just saying with Winnipegs situation Sweeney may be able to get them to overpay for Spooner. There in a P.O. spot and just lost their number 1 center for 2 months

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
KreJci .... The ****ing guy has been here for 11 seasons, 2 Stanley Cup Finals, 1 Stanley Cup win.... Why is it so difficult for people to spell his name correctly?

And another typical brutal take. Dump Krejci! Yeah...**** that NMC he has. Keep building around the kids, yeah! Don't need good veterans who produce like Krejci around kids....

Who replaces him? No Spooner isn't a proper answer.

What team in the league is taking him? He's not waiving to go to a bottom dweller. He's not worth trading for a similar contract b/c at the end of the day, when Krejci plays, which is more than people think (check the GP's), his production is the same every year; .60-.70 PPG. He's a top 6 center, overpaid a bit; maybe 500k-1M max (and 1 million is the absolute max of overpayment).

To me, the only way you try to trade Krejci is if Tavares goes to free agency and he could be gotten for the Bruins. Someone here said Carolina could be a good fit, I could see it, but no way for Hanifin. IF Tavares were to sign here, you'd trade Krejci to Carolina for picks/prospects/not Hanifin.

But really, it's more wishful thinking.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm just saying with Winnipegs situation Sweeney may be able to get them to overpay for Spooner. There in a P.O. spot and just lost their number 1 center for 2 months

If Chevy wants Spooner it's because he wants Spooner, not because Scheifele went down for 2 months.

They moved Wheeler to center and put Laine with him and Connor and didn't miss a beat.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad