Proposal: Bruin's Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Any appetite to send Carlo home to Colorado in return for fellow 6'5 defender Zadorov (who is on the block).

I'd love to grab Zadorov (LH) as a guy to replace Chara as a #1 PKer --he is only 23 and has a mean streak. I would HATE for the Leafs to get him.

I really, don't want this guy in the division in a playoff series as he gets closer to his prime:

Not a chance. Zadorov's best skill is hitting people. He got passed on the depth chart by Ian Cole and is now the 3rd pairing LD on a very shallow Colorado team.

Meanwhile Carlo has been playing in hte top 4 since he was 20, has shown a bit more of a mean streak, but won't lay people out. Give me the guy who plays much better defense.

No need to trade for bad players out of fear the Leafs get him.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Gryz is not a top 4 D. I really like the guy, as a player and a person, but he's a 3rd pairing guy all day!
He's too small and last season in the playoffs he got pushed around in his own end and lost battles. That being said, he's a great 5-6 guy and I hope he remains in Boston.

Zadorov would be an excellent addition here. Not sure where he slots with Chara/Krug/Moore/Gryz.
I really hope Lauzon and Zboril impress because it will force Sweeney's hand a bit. Yes, we have a ton of injuries and people will say we need 10-12 NHL ready dmen, but we don't. We are very unlucky currently and come Dec, we should be talking about the plethora of dmen healthy and wasting time in the press box or Providence.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Any appetite to send Carlo home to Colorado in return for fellow 6'5 defender Zadorov (who is on the block).

I'd love to grab Zadorov (LH) as a guy to replace Chara as a #1 PKer --he is only 23 and has a mean streak. I would HATE for the Leafs to get him.

I really, don't want this guy in the division in a playoff series as he gets closer to his prime:

This is about as appetizing as 10 week old lasagna.

Reactions: BruinsPortugal

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Do almost all of you see Gryzelcyk as a career bottom pairing defenseman? I was just told that almost all Bruins fans do except me.

Call me crazy, but I see him as a 2nd pair guy. I was skeptical for much of last year, but his start to this season is just re-enforcing my opinion developed towards the end of last season. He had that stretch towards the end of March where he was essentially the teams #1 D for a couple of weeks. I don't know what the future hold for him on this team, but career bottom pairing defenseman label should be reserved for players that rarely, if ever venture out of the sheltered comfort zone of the 3rd pair.

I also think he's on a bargain of a contract and the further he continues to prove himself, the more value he's gaining as an asset. Wouldn't rule out trading him if the return is right either. Guarantee his performance and skill-set isn't going unnoticed around the league.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I think Dom WAS saying to be cautious about Nylander and the parent situation?

The part I was chuckling about and I suspect Dom was as well, was where you and several others started immediately speculating on which of the B’s RFA’s were going to be difficult to sign.

All he said was that the B’s already had one of those and didn’t need another. As is often the case here, people’s imaginations did the rest.

Oh, it must be Carlo!

No, it must be DeBrusk because his Dad was in the NHL like Nylander’s!!

Wait! It could be Donato, he fits that profile as well!!!

That’s the part I found amusing.

Particularly, when I strongly suspect it’s none of the parents of players people mentioned.

I too thought 'Debrusk' after his comment. It read as if he was talking about a current player.

Honestly, it's a bit naive to think that forum members wouldn't harmlessly try to decipher nuggets of information from a respected 'in the know' poster. He's dangling a carrot.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Call me crazy, but I see him as a 2nd pair guy. I was skeptical for much of last year, but his start to this season is just re-enforcing my opinion developed towards the end of last season. He had that stretch towards the end of March where he was essentially the teams #1 D for a couple of weeks. I don't know what the future hold for him on this team, but career bottom pairing defenseman label should be reserved for players that rarely, if ever venture out of the sheltered comfort zone of the 3rd pair.

I also think he's on a bargain of a contract and the further he continues to prove himself, the more value he's gaining as an asset. Wouldn't rule out trading him if the return is right either. Guarantee his performance and skill-set isn't going unnoticed around the league.
I think he has low end top pair upside, he was looking fantastic playing his offside with Chara on the top pair, and I could see a pairing of Grz-Mac working really well together. Grz's size is the only thing working against him and I think he could play top pairing against other team's top players in his prime even if on the Bruins I don't know he would ever be top pair.

I really hope we never trade him, but I could see him having a lot of value around the league and could be our way to upgrade 3C now and going forward, but I really don't want him to be the chip used, I think he is the definition of what a Bruin should be.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Nope. He's a top 4 D man to me. He's proven it this season.

Same. He may have been overwhelmed the other night in Colorado but with the injuries he has played meaningful minutes. I would say he probably has the best hockey IQ of all of our defenseman. Sure I would love to see the points but any team would take what he has given this team in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
His stellar play last season and, thus far this, has definitely enhanced his value. Gives Sweeney more bargaining power, especially after McAvoy and Vaakanainen return.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
just because I'm bored at work I'll speculate that the player with the heavily involved parents could be Bjork. I just remember reading articles about him at Notre Dame and his community service work and how his dad (and sisters) went to ND. IIRC there was some speculation Bjork might want to play all 4 years at ND to try and win the national championship that eluded his father. That family seems extremely close-knit and the parents were clearly very involved in Bjork's hockey career up through college and I suspect that hasn't changed since he went pro.

Honestly as long as the parents aren't giving bad advice I can't really blame them for being involved to some degree. You raise these kids for 20+ years and nurture their hockey careers...it must be hard to just step away from it once they go pro.

Hey Russell. First off, I apologize for singling out your post, but it was the last one and I wasn't going to go back thru to find them all.

Naming a player under this situation is something I just don't do, never have and never will. And speculating doesn't do anything either except drag a player's name through something that just doesn't involve him.

The whole point of my original post was that I personally would want nothing to do with William Nylander because of the excess baggage that comes with him. And judging by how the Bruins run things, I doubt that they would want to deal with a situation like Nylander is in. They have dealt and continue to deal with their own situation and when the time is right, it will all come out in the end.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
His stellar play last season and, thus far this, has definitely enhanced his value. Gives Sweeney more bargaining power, especially after McAvoy and Vaakanainen return.

Or maybe we just keep the guy? Urho looks like he will be good, but Grizz is better than Urho right now by a mile. We don't know what Zboril is yet. Lauzon is off to a good start but the book is not closed there either. Chara is on his home stretch. Krug may have priced himself out of Boston on his next contract. Why does trading Grizz make sense here?

Reactions: FanSince72

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Grzelcyk is proving he can easily be a Top 4 guy. Can we not reference size? Size has no bearing here. There have been plenty of small Top 4 guys. Jared Spurgeon in Minnesota, Sami Vatanen in NJ, Torey Krug (here) in BOS. Brian Rafalski was a great defenseman at 5'10''. There are plenty of others, as well. He is sound defensively, an excellent skater, and can move the puck. He's also currently producing at a 0.50 PPG (on pace for 5G/35A/40P). He's played 20+ minutes 9/18 games so far this season.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
just because I'm bored at work I'll speculate that the player with the heavily involved parents could be Bjork. I just remember reading articles about him at Notre Dame and his community service work and how his dad (and sisters) went to ND. IIRC there was some speculation Bjork might want to play all 4 years at ND to try and win the national championship that eluded his father. That family seems extremely close-knit and the parents were clearly very involved in Bjork's hockey career up through college and I suspect that hasn't changed since he went pro.

Honestly as long as the parents aren't giving bad advice I can't really blame them for being involved to some degree. You raise these kids for 20+ years and nurture their hockey careers...it must be hard to just step away from it once they go pro.

It's clearly Nordstorm's parents... How else do you explain him on the 2nd line... :naughty:

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I haven’t heard a peep out of McAvoy’s parents since he was drafted.

Anybody who has dealt with difficult sport’s parents will tell you this isn’t something that just suddenly comes on. Parents are either like that or they aren’t.

Well, I haven't heard a peep about anybody else's parents, either. I'm not trying to stir shit up or even say that it is McAvoy's parents, I was just pointing out that we *do* know they are currently trying to negotiate with him. I haven't heard anything about any negotiations for any other pending RFAs.

All of this is silly though, because quite honestly, if I were running hockey ops I'll take the headache of some obnoxious parent interfering with everything as long as the player performs well on the ice. It's why I'd take Dougie back in a heartbeat and would welcome Nylander and any other problem child that helps me win. Gimme Barzal and his bad answer to a draft interview question. I'll take 21-year-old partying Seguin. I don't care. As long as he's not committing crimes or doing any other kind of heinous shit, I really don't care.

I know that's gonna rile up folks here because character is tantamount to a lot of posters here and that's a perfectly fine philosophy. I, personally, would take a roster full of players with frustrating helicopter parents and Fortnite addicts who can kill it on the ice than just having a collection of safe, boring cardboard players from the WHL who all have excellent "character" and no extra baggage.

Reactions: Ratty

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Grzelcyk is proving he can easily be a Top 4 guy. Can we not reference size? Size has no bearing here. There have been plenty of small Top 4 guys. Jared Spurgeon in Minnesota, Sami Vatanen in NJ, Torey Krug (here) in BOS. Brian Rafalski was a great defenseman at 5'10''. There are plenty of others, as well. He is sound defensively, an excellent skater, and can move the puck. He's also currently producing at a 0.50 PPG (on pace for 5G/35A/40P). He's played 20+ minutes 9/18 games so far this season.

But Zadorov is big! And big means he's good! You can't teach size!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Or maybe we just keep the guy? Urho looks like he will be good, but Grizz is better than Urho right now by a mile. We don't know what Zboril is yet. Lauzon is off to a good start but the book is not closed there either. Chara is on his home stretch. Krug may have priced himself out of Boston on his next contract. Why does trading Grizz make sense here?
Trading from a position of strength to fill a position of need?

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Virtanen would have been a great pick up as somebody mentioned here in the past. His price has gone up now.

It would probably take Krug to get him and Vancouver would listen.
Anyone else we would be interested in addition to Virtanen to even out the trade?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Trading from a position of strength to fill a position of need?

It seems to me that right now LD is a position of need for us given the way things have gone with the combination of injuries, unproven rookies, and an aged Chara. Gryz is a top 4 guy at this point. I don't trade him for a 3C straight up. Depending on who the 2nd line RW is that we are interested in (if at all), it might make sense, but not until we have a solid d-corps in health and are convinced that one of the of the rookies is actually going to be as good as Grizz is now.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What did he say? I'm curious and wasnt part if the boards then.

I don’t think Dom saw this, or I’m sure he would have answered.

After he was drafted, within weeks Dom told some of us in a text that he would be surprised if Hamilton ever saw his second contract in Boston. Eventually, it made its way to the boards I believe (after he was gone).

Dom knows his shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad