Proposal: Bruin's Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
speaking of ex bruins... I wonder how much buyers regret Columbus is experienced after 18 games and just 2 assists from riley nash?

2.75 mill for 3 years is obviously way more than we could pay... but if Columbus was willng to eat 1/2 that deal and send him back to us for a 3rd round pick? or maybe a kid like cehlarik who isn't going to ever figure in our plans...

backes/nash/Heinen was a pretty decent 3rd line for us... and nash showed shocking good chemistry with marchand/pastrnak

maybe he is our version of eric cole or larry murphy and can only play well on certain teams and looks like trash when he tries to change teams

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
speaking of ex bruins... I wonder how much buyers regret Columbus is experienced after 18 games and just 2 assists from riley nash?

2.75 mill for 3 years is obviously way more than we could pay... but if Columbus was willng to eat 1/2 that deal and send him back to us for a 3rd round pick? or maybe a kid like cehlarik who isn't going to ever figure in our plans...

backes/nash/Heinen was a pretty decent 3rd line for us... and nash showed shocking good chemistry with marchand/pastrnak

maybe he is our version of eric cole or larry murphy and can only play well on certain teams and looks like trash when he tries to change teams

No thanks but hopefully we can send backes somewhere and eat half his contract.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
No thanks but hopefully we can send backes somewhere and eat half his contract.

sending backes somewhere requires us to fill his roster spot... the guys filling his roster spot are all likely earning contracts. Heinen/debrusk/donato/and Bjork will either have earned a raise or have been replaced by a guy who will deserve a raise in the next couple of seasons

I do think we will still need to add someone up front too... and whoeve that is will likely be on a contract as well

luckily after backes receives his bonus next year he is owed only 5 million real dollars for his final 2 seasons. he carries a 12 million count against the cap.

there are crappy teams out there that don't care a bit about the cap but do care about how many real dollars they spend. luckily these teams are full of inexpensive kids and theres a desperate need for leadership on these teams.

retaining half of backes cap hit now would be very foolish. we don't need his cap hit this year. our cap this year is in adequate shape. even if we end up using him as our 13th forward our cap hit this year will be ok

pay his bonus next year and then trade his cap hit... but it has to be done after the bonus is paid. we are stuck with him until then I think. {his nmc would also effect this}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad