Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal - VI - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Going to put out a name I don't think anyone has mentioned yet for possible trade, wonder if Alexander Kerfoot could be had from Colorado and what would the price be to get him? He can play all 3 forward positions and could help our lineup, would be a great 3C. If the Avs are looking for help on D we have some guys that could be made available.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Going to put out a name I don't think anyone has mentioned yet for possible trade, wonder if Alexander Kerfoot could be had from Colorado and what would the price be to get him? He can play all 3 forward positions and could help our lineup, would be a great 3C. If the Avs are looking for help on D we have some guys that could be made available.

Love the player but it ain’t happening.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Many times the process for a struggling team goes something like this to turn it around. If the first step doesn’t work, they move on to the next:

1) Minor deal, benching players

2) Fire Coach (depending on tenure, past record, etc.)

3) Major deals (these can be dealing off proven players for younger ones in a rebuild situation like in Chicago, or adding veterans to save a GM’s job like in EDM)

This early in the season, the majority of teams are in a nebulous grey area, waiting to see what their team actually is before making any significant moves. If I am Boston, I’m looking at the teams that have already fired their coach (or maybe GM) and are looking to make that next step.

LA, EDM, STL, CHI, PHI

I would remove EDM from the picture because I think Chia is going to try to save his job. The picture in PHI is a little murky right now and I’m not sure Fletcher is ready to do anything so soon after taking over.

LA - Tyler Toffoli has been mentioned a lot on these boards, Jeff Carter as well. I would pass on Carter. He’s too old and has too much term on his deal. The B’s don’t need another overpaid big dollar guy on the back 9. I like TT, but I’m not sure of his availability and would think that LA may want to keep him to bridge the gap while they wait for kids like Vilardi and Anderson-Dolan to arrive. Probably going to be pricey.

STL - The Blues made some major moves this offseason bringing in ROR, Bozak, and Perron in what looked to be a “win now” situation. That has not worked out for them, with good players underperforming and a rash of injuries to key guys. The question is after the moves they made, do they still think they can salvage the season, or do they tear it down in a major way. Either way, it could be beneficial for the B’s, whether STL is looking to just shake it up, or go major reconstruction.

The guys I would be looking at are: Schenn, Schwartz, and possibly Bozak if Backes was going the other way. If the Blues are really looking to rebuild, Tarasenko and AP would be at the top of my list, but those guys are unlikely. I love Schwartz, he produces whenever he plays, but the problem is he’s hurt a lot. Schenn is 27, has some size and grit to his game and can play C or W. He’s around 50% on FO’s. The issue for me is that he’s another LH shot, and he’s too good and too expensive to be a 3rd line C imo. If you put him at wing, you would have to move DeBrusk over.

CHI - Might be the team the B’s would want to deal with the most at this point because of the situation. Fired long time coach, has Cups in the recent past, already moved a young player for some others in a shake it up move. The Hawks could be looking to make a more significant move or moves with an eye towards getting younger. For me, the obvious candidates are Saad and Anisimov.

Both are good players who are underperforming this year based on their contracts. That would mean CHI is probably willing to move them and the cost might be reasonable if the B’s can make the money work. Saad just turned 26, he’s got some size, he’s fast and he can play either wing. He scored 31 and 24 with the Blue Jackets, but has trailed off a bit since being dealt back to CHI. Is that more on him or the team? Anisimov is older (30), and a little pricey for what he gives you, but would bring that veteran presence to the 3C spot and you could put a young wing or two with him without an issue. He only has two more years on his deal, so he’s not really “blocking” a young C coming up like Studnicka or Frederic, if and when they are ready.

Out of all the guys I mentioned Saad would probably be my first choice because of age and past production. A top 6 comprised of:

63-37-88
74-46-Saad

Looks pretty good and allows you to drop Heinen and Donato down to the 3rd line where they can face easier matchups and hopefully provide some secondary scoring.

I’m not sure what CHI would want in return? They are a little long in the tooth on the back end and the B’s have some good young D. Maybe there is a match there?

Last edited:

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
is it too soon to start worrying about the seattle expansion draft

if I understand correctly... they enter the league for 20-21. we can protect 4 d and 4 f or 10 skaters but only 3 d

guys with nmc have to be protected

up front we are in trouble
backes/krecji/marchand/Bergeron all have nmc
if we want to protect pastnak we have to go the 3 dman option

but on d we will McAvoy/carlo and then who? if we do decide to keep krug… he seems he would be the obvious number 3. how good will gryz be by that time? can we loose him? moore?

it becomes IMPERITIVE we trade one of krecji/backes before the expansion draft

OK almost none of this is true.

The ONLY person of the group with a full NMC at the expansion draft is Marchand.

Krejci = No Trade

Backes and Bergeron = Modified No Trade Clauses

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
is it too soon to start worrying about the seattle expansion draft

if I understand correctly... they enter the league for 20-21. we can protect 4 d and 4 f or 10 skaters but only 3 d

guys with nmc have to be protected

up front we are in trouble
backes/krecji/marchand/Bergeron all have nmc
if we want to protect pastnak we have to go the 3 dman option

but on d we will McAvoy/carlo and then who? if we do decide to keep krug… he seems he would be the obvious number 3. how good will gryz be by that time? can we loose him? moore?

it becomes IMPERITIVE we trade one of krecji/backes before the expansion draft

Backes and Krejci will both be UFAs on the July 1st preceeding into the Expansion Draft in June 2012 and won't need to be protected.

The only Bruins currently under contract who are signed past July 1st 2021 are Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, and Moore.

So yes, it's way to early start worrying about a Seattle Expansion draft. Neither you, I, nor anyone else have even the faintest idea what Boston's roster will look like at that time almost 2 1/2 years from now.

Reactions: bbfan419

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don’t know what the roster is going to look like in 2 1/2 hours, nevermind years.

If the draft was the year before as we originally thought, it would be much more of an issue. Now, not so much.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Many times the process for a struggling team goes something like this to turn it around. If the first step doesn’t work, they move on to the next:

1) Minor deal, benching players

2) Fire Coach (depending on tenure, past record, etc.)

3) Major deals (these can be dealing off proven players for younger ones in a rebuild situation like in Chicago, or adding veterans to save a GM’s job like in EDM)

This early in the season, the majority of teams are in a nebulous grey area, waiting to see what their team actually is before making any significant moves. If I am Boston, I’m looking at the teams that have already fired their coach (or maybe GM) and are looking to make that next step.

LA, EDM, STL, CHI, PHI

I would remove EDM from the picture because I think Chia is going to try to save his job. The picture in PHI is a little murky right now and I’m not sure Fletcher is ready to do anything so soon after taking over.

LA - Tyler Toffoli has been mentioned a lot on these boards, Jeff Carter as well. I would pass on Carter. He’s too old and has too much term on his deal. The B’s don’t need another overpaid big dollar guy on the back 9. I like TT, but I’m not sure of his availability and would think that LA may want to keep him to bridge the gap while they wait for kids like Vilardi and Anderson-Dolan to arrive. Probably going to be pricey.

STL - The Blues made some major moves this offseason bringing in ROR, Bozak, and Perron in what looked to be a “win now” situation. That has not worked out for them, with good players underperforming and a rash of injuries to key guys. The question is after the moves they made, do they still think they can salvage the season, or do they tear it down in a major way. Either way, it could be beneficial for the B’s, whether STL is looking to just shake it up, or go major reconstruction.

The guys I would be looking at are: Schenn, Schwartz, and possibly Bozak if Backes was going the other way. If the Blues are really looking to rebuild, Tarasenko and AP would be at the top of my list, but those guys are unlikely. I love Schwartz, he produces whenever he plays, but the problem is he’s hurt a lot. Schenn is 27, has some size and grit to his game and can play C or W. He’s around 50% on FO’s. The issue for me is that he’s another LH shot, and he’s too good and too expensive to be a 3rd line C imo. If you put him at wing, you would have to move DeBrusk over.

CHI - Might be the team the B’s would want to deal with the most at this point because of the situation. Fired long time coach, has Cups in the recent past, already moved a young player for some others in a shake it up move. The Hawks could be looking to make a more significant move or moves with an eye towards getting younger. For me, the obvious candidates are Saad and Anisimov.

Both are good players who are underperforming this year based on their contracts. That would mean CHI is probably willing to move them and the cost might be reasonable if the B’s can make the money work. Saad just turned 26, he’s got some size, he’s fast and he can play either wing. He scored 31 and 24 with the Blue Jackets, but has trailed off a bit since being dealt back to CHI. Is that more on him or the team? Anisimov is older (30), and a little pricey for what he gives you, but would bring that veteran presence to the 3C spot and you could put a young wing or two with him without an issue. He only has two more years on his deal, so he’s not really “blocking” a young C coming up like Studnicka or Frederic, if and when they are ready.

Out of all the guys I mentioned Saad would probably be my first choice because of age and past production. A top 6 comprised of:

63-37-88
74-47-Saad

Looks pretty good and allows you to drop Heinen and Donato down to the 3rd line where they can face easier matchups and hopefully provide some secondary scoring.

I’m not sure what CHI would want in return? They are a little long in the tooth on the back end and the B’s have some good young D. Maybe there is a match there?

Krug playing center now?
:sarcasm:

I didn't know where this post was going after the opening line following what steps a struggling team takes :laugh:

All good points.

I do question what it would take to rip Saad out of Chicago however. They did send Panarin with two years left on his deal to Columbus for him.

I think we all agree they lost that trade.

But does Bowman move him for a package deal (assuming that's what we're thinking) and making that initial trade look worse or do they just ride it out Loui Eriksson style and potentially lose Saad at then end of his contract? Just some thoughts.

Im all for getting Saad. Want to make that clear. Love his game.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
posted this under the neely article thread, but wanted to share here..brian boyle .. thoughts?

Nothing against the guy, but IMO its another guy they would have playing outside of where he belongs (assuming you're trying to plug him in on the third line if you acquire him). And the Bs have plenty of fourth liners at the moment :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad