Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal IX- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The only people “hating” Horton’s numbers were people not taking into consideration the awful team he had been playing with.

If the B’s could find a Horton type sleeper from a sub par team, I would be all for it. Not sure that guy is out there?

I say Tarasenko fits that bill perfectly. Proven scorer on a subpar team with a higher than average salary cap who could excel with Krejci.

That is the write-up for Horton and currently Tarasenko.

Reactions: mflo77

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Starting to lean towards acquiring a third line center as what should be the main priority. If we actually want to compete for the cup this year then we need three lines that can score. Brayden Schenn makes a lot of sense and the Blues should be looking to make major moves.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-
Heinen-Schenn-Backes
Kuraly-Cave-Wagner

That makes our lineup much deeper. I'd still make a move for a winger to play with Krejci, but if we get someone like Schenn maybe we don't need to go all out for a top 6 winger for Krejci, maybe we stay in house (not ideal) or get a cheap vet on an expiring contract.

While I'd rather not go after a costly rental, Mark Stone is a guy I'd pay to acquire and try to sign in the offseason. He is the type of player you make room for.

I'd prefer a right handed shot, but I think Kreider would be a good fit. Another guy that might fit well and not cost a ton to acquire is Michael Ferland. Ferland is a UFA after this season, but if the price to acquire him is reasonable I'd be interested.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I say Tarasenko fits that bill perfectly. Proven scorer on a subpar team with a higher than average salary cap who could excel with Krejci.

Maybe it just me, but I look at Tank as a step above what Horton was when he came to Boston. Other than this year, Tarasenko has been an elite goal scorer in recent seasons.

I would not put the two in the same category.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I would definitely find out the Blues' asking price for Tarasenko. He is an absolute stud at scoring goals at even strength, one of the very elite in the NHL. Would be a great fit with the Bs. I just don't see the Blues trading him without asking for more than the Bs would be willing to part with, but it never hurts to ask.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Horton had only cracked 30 goals once before coming to Boston (and never did it again). He was somewhat of an underachiever given his draft position and had not proven to be a first line player (you could argue he wasn't one in Boston either).

Tarasenko has been one of the best goal-scorers in the league since he was about 22 with multiple 30 goal seasons and one 40 goal season.

There really is no comparison at all between the two players.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Horton had only cracked 30 goals once before coming to Boston (and never did it again). He was somewhat of an underachiever given his draft position and had not proven to be a first line player (you could argue he wasn't one in Boston either).

Tarasenko has been one of the best goal-scorers in the league since he was about 22 with multiple 30 goal seasons and one 40 goal season.

There really is no comparison at all between the two players.

3rd in the NHL behind Ovie and Tavares in goals over the last 5 seasons

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
nice his value is low, we shouldn't have to add to McAvoy
I’m not trading McAvoy especially for Tarasenko

McAvoy is a game changer - apparently he blocked a shot and tore skin like what happened to McDonagh when with the Rangers

Paranoid Bruins fans are acting like it’s between his ears

McQuaid, Miller, Carlo in playoffs, Chara last few years - Defenseman get hurt

As for Tarasenko I’d certainly be interested but he’d be a good package bulk type deal and 0.0 McAvoy is in any deal I’m offering

Tarasenko gets some people fully erect but the player that fits Boston from St Louis is Schenn

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I’m not trading McAvoy especially for Tarasenko

McAvoy is a game changer - apparently he blocked a shot and tore skin like what happened to McDonagh when with the Rangers

Paranoid Bruins fans are acting like it’s between his ears

McQuaid, Miller, Carlo in playoffs, Chara last few years - Defenseman get hurt

As for Tarasenko I’d certainly be interested but he’d be a good package bulk type deal and 0.0 McAvoy is in any deal I’m offering

Tarasenko gets some people fully erect but the player that fits Boston from St Louis is Schenn
I don't think it is between his ears but some players are injury prone, examples A and B are K.Miller and McQuaid. I like both players a great deal, would have kept McQuaid so you could have gotten 80 games combined from Miller and him. That's fine for a bottom 4-6 D but if you want McAvoy to be your number one D you have to be concerned about injuries.

Gord Kluzak could have been great if not for his injury history. Bourque, Kluzak and Wesley all healthy would have been a great D corps for 5-7 years at least, even with Monty Burns and his minion Sinden running the team that D corps keeps them relevant well into the 90's.

I agree 100% on Schenn.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think it is between his ears but some players are injury prone, examples A and B are K.Miller and McQuaid. I like both players a great deal, would have kept McQuaid so you could have gotten 80 games combined from Miller and him. That's fine for a bottom 4-6 D but if you want McAvoy to be your number one D you have to be concerned about injuries.

Gord Kluzak could have been great if not for his injury history. Bourque, Kluzak and Wesley all healthy would have been a great D corps for 5-7 years at least, even with Monty Burns and his minion Sinden running the team that D corps keeps them relevant well into the 90's.

I agree 100% on Schenn.
You trade for Schenn & Miles Wood and get the Duck Boats Ready

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
You trade for Schenn & Miles Wood and get the Duck Boats Ready
I think that's two absolute beauty acquisitions and it would make our team a serious contender.
Schenn and Josh Anderson would be an even bigger upgrade tho.......but costly.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I agree 100% on Schenn.

I think it’s too early to call McAvoy “injury prone”. McQuaid and Miller are always injured because of the style they play (which is far more physical than C-Mac). I think McAvoy has had a run of bad luck.

Reactions: BBB24 and Strafer

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
The difference being that Wood could actually be available, while it’s highly unlikely CBJ would move Anderson.
Totally agree, it would have to be an over payment on our end......or hopeful that he and management still/ever had bad blood over the contract dispute.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Totally agree, it would have to be an over payment on our end......or hopeful that he and management still/ever had bad blood over the contract dispute.

Could be? I would imagine the Jackets are more fixated on what they are going to do with Bob and Panarin right now.

The B’s could probably pick up Lehtera pretty cheap right now...

:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think that's two absolute beauty acquisitions and it would make our team a serious contender.
Schenn and Josh Anderson would be an even bigger upgrade tho.......but costly.
Thanks !!!

Logic says Schenn

Provides insurance AND could be kept after next season if he looks good as a Bruins

I think it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad