Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal IX- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

Reactions: Dom - OHL

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Not much to debate, he would have been a good pickup. If we could have gotten Skinner instead of Nash we would have had a better chance in the playoffs last season.
We don't know if Skinner was available then.
Don't forget the head of hockey operations in Carolina changed (Francis OUT and Waddell IN) between last deadline and last summer.
That being said, I would very much like to know a little more about the Bruins actions when it comes to Skinner becoming available last summer.

Reactions: Strafer

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
What is the general consensus here for this season?

Sell the farm? Go all in? Gives Bergeron/Krejci/Chara one last real shot at a cup? I’d imagine they’d have to move Krug to being in 2 impact guys in that case.

Or be patient? Accept this year is a wash and hope for next year. Might not have Chara back.

Seems awful split down the fan base. Was just curious.

Personally I’m lukewarm on their chances even with help. Tampa, Nashville, Winnipeg, Washington......those guys have played together a long time. Establishing that type of a cohesive unit would be tough to attain for any team only playing together for half a year.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Blues are a mess . Brayden schenn is exactly what we need. He's still young and can help us now and another 5 yrs . What's it gonna take guys? I'm willing to do grez and heinen. Lauzon can take over grez spot.

Reactions: Ratty

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Sell the farm? Go all in? Gives Bergeron/Krejci/Chara one last real shot at a cup? I’d imagine they’d have to move Krug to being in 2 impact guys in that case.

Or be patient? Accept this year is a wash and hope for next year. Might not have Chara back.

Personally I’m lukewarm on their chances even with help. Tampa, Nashville, Winnipeg, Washington......those guys have played together a long time. Establishing that type of a cohesive unit would be tough to attain for any team only playing together for half a year.
2011 March 3-19 covering 7 games

1 win SO
6 losses couple OT

Montreal 4-1 March 8
Toronto 5-2 March 19

March 19 HF explodes calling for massive firings- coach immediately

Iconic Thomas can’t win the big one thread is posted

Boychuk hockey IQ & Ryder compete questioned as both are benched

Boston 4 Vancouver 0 June 15

Bruins win Cup

Reactions: Alan Ryan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I think that given the core, this team can be a contender with a few additions. The problem is that Sweeney seems to be married to so many of the young guys that he's afraid to move them. I'm not suggesting they trade youth for rentals. But maybe instead of getting two dimes for a quarter....maybe, for once get the quarter for two dimes.

Easier said than done, but it's not impossible.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21

1 win SO
6 losses couple OT

Montreal 4-1 March 8
Toronto 5-2 March 19

Bruins win Cup

What a great spring that was, will never be recreated.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Let's use Saad as an example. I deal Grizz plus for him.

When everyone comes back

63-37-88
saad-46-74
17-23-43
20-52-42
55-14

33-25
27-73
79-86

I prolly pick up another 3C type down the road.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

1 win SO
6 losses couple OT

Montreal 4-1 March 8
Toronto 5-2 March 19

Bruins win Cup
Lol oh I remember. I remember Claude being fired after game 2 in the first round.

Not really what I was getting at.

Am genuinely curious about which way people want them to go. Not trying to be a troll or anything at all. I save that for Leaf threads.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Let's use Saad as an example. I deal Grizz plus for him.

When everyone comes back

63-37-88
saad-46-74
17-23-43
20-52-42
55-14

33-25
27-73
79-86

I prolly pick up another 3C type down the road.
Grzelcyk is one of the most underrated players in the game

Bruins fans don’t realize how highly he’s perceived

He’s cheap as well

But he’s the Man~ he’s the glue and a lot of these younger players look to him as crazy as it sounds

I DO NOT trade Grzelcyk for Saad

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

He’s cheap as well

But he’s the Man~ he’s the glue and a lot of these younger players look to him as crazy as it sounds

I like that take on him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lol oh I remember. I remember Claude being fired after game 2 in the first round.

Not really what I was getting at.

Am genuinely curious about which way people want them to go. Not trying to be a troll or anything at all. I save that for Leaf threads.
I would wait till first week of January and see where we are

Healthy I’m confident they can grab a playoff spot and that’s all that matters in the end

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like that take on him.
Ha ha I stole it - was told to me and I liked it and am passing on

Grzelcyk is likely the leader of the Kid Pack that includes his BU teammates, DeBrusk, Pastrnak, Carlo, Wagner etc....

You take him out like coming home st night and no dog there at the door and that’s one of worst feelings ever

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada

He’s cheap as well

Honestly, I get that, and I would not be happy to see him go, but then, who would you trade to get a Saad, a Schenn, a Toffoli or a comparable type of player?
Gotta give to get.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I think if you add a LEGIT top 6 winger. Someone between Saad and Tarasenko. You are then in the same class as the real contenders if healthy. The D is Cup caliber. The top line is Cup caliber. Rask/Halak is Cup caliber. The middle six just isn't.

The Heinen/JFK/Donato line looks like they could continue to grow into being useful enough.

But even if the kids line works out, they need a big add up front to turn their top 6 into an advantage over other teams. Right now, even healthy, the big hole on the 2nd line negates a lot of the advantage the top line gives you.

I don't think you give up on the season because you are lacking scoring in the middle six. You work on solving the problem. Middle six scoring might be the EASIEST problem to fix compared to lacking top 4 D or 1st liners or a good goalie. This team isn't "rental" good. But its certainly "give up some future assets that might hurt for someone with term" good.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

1 win SO
6 losses couple OT

Montreal 4-1 March 8
Toronto 5-2 March 19

Bruins win Cup

Problem with this is you're comparing what we had in 2011 to 2018 what could be a Providence Bruins team.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

He’s cheap as well

I like Grizz better then Krug.My friends who root for other teams always mention him to me as underrated player.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I think if you add a LEGIT top 6 winger. Someone between Saad and Tarasenko. You are then in the same class as the real contenders if healthy. The D is Cup caliber. The top line is Cup caliber. Rask/Halak is Cup caliber. The middle six just isn't.

The Heinen/JFK/Donato line looks like they could continue to grow into being useful enough.

But even if the kids line works out, they need a big add up front to turn their top 6 into an advantage over other teams. Right now, even healthy, the big hole on the 2nd line negates a lot of the advantage the top line gives you.

I don't think you give up on the season because you are lacking scoring in the middle six. You work on solving the problem. Middle six scoring might be the EASIEST problem to fix compared to lacking top 4 D or 1st liners or a good goalie. This team isn't "rental" good. But its certainly "give up some future assets that might hurt for someone with term" good.
This is a really good take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad