Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal IX- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Don't remember another season in a while where there are loads of marquee players that should be available by the trade deadline. Several UFA to be, only one year left on their contracts .... then you have teams like the Blues, Kings where nobody is safe on the roster

Sweeney has to grab one or two of these "immediate help" to gear for a long playoff run

Reactions: Strafer

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Don't remember another season in a while where there are loads of marquee players that should be available by the trade deadline. Several UFA to be, only one year left on their contracts .... then you have teams like the Blues, Kings where nobody is safe on the roster

Sweeney has to grab one or two of these "immediate help" to gear for a long playoff run
Maybe it's because of the incessant injuries, but I'm not really feeling the "long playoff run" from this team.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ya I have no idea any of their kids values.

Especially as outside of Debrusknthey have all struggled to either maintain their scoring output (Heinen) or establish themselves as everyday regulars (Bjork, Donato, Etc).

Grizz is intriguing. A team like Chicago (Toronto as well but that won’t happen) need guys like him who are cost controlled and serviceable. No clue what that’s actually worth marketwise though.

Then the question is if moving out 3 or 4 of them is worth it this season. Tough to know.

I’m with DKH on waiting until the new year. Only difference at that point is I want them to pick a street. Either stand pat and let the kids play and start moving the fan favorites.

Or get Sweeney’s arse in the cold water and go all in. I can live with sucking for 2 or 3 years if a gm fires his shot.

Waiting is the right move. Give the 3rd line and Bjork some more time, see what you look like whenever healthy, AND you build more cap space every single day.

Reactions: Skelen

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Waiting is the right move. Give the 3rd line and Bjork some more time, see what you look like whenever healthy, AND you build more cap space every single day.

We saw already at beginning of the year this team healthy and could not score .Its neglect by Bruins brass not getting a scoring winger for that 2nd line.Tired of hearing Bjork etc because he will be zero help this year.Keep waiting while team keeps sliding is not smart.Just my humble opinion

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Trading for Stone is all dandy but how the heck are we gunna fit in 8 million next year to resign him while also needing to figure in McAvoy, Debsruk, Carlo, Heinen and presumably Chara.

I still feel like if we want a bonafide top 6 winger without gutting the farm or Sweeney’s precious draft picks is by trading Krug.

Would be interesting to see what he could fetch and maybe you get interest from a team with a player off the board - someone you don’t see on TSN’s trade list during the deadline.

I’m thinking of a team like the Ducks for Rickard Rakell. Kase Sprong and Aberg are all flourishing in top 6 spots.

Or maybe Kyle Palmeri if the Devils want to change things up (probably least likely).

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
would you rather give up a 1st instead of one of the prospects?

there should be no reason to also let Stone walk after this season.... He would be a very good Bruin. Tough and skilled. Would fit that 2nd line RW like a glove aka just what the doctor ordered
Yes I would give up the first, but again if he is unsigned you don’t know where he will be next year. The talk is 8-9 million, again to much for a 60 Point guy.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
We saw already at beginning of the year this team healthy and could not score .Its neglect by Bruins brass not getting a scoring winger for that 2nd line.Tired of hearing Bjork etc because he will be zero help this year.Keep waiting while team keeps sliding is not smart.Just my humble opinion

We have never seen this team healthy. The mobility of this teams blue line is a big part of this offense. Now that they are healthy again (and starting to dominate the shot totals mind you) the forwards are out. Is what it is. They DO need more help up front, but do you really think if this team can't make the playoffs if you wait a little longer its worth investing in?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I wouldn't dare to mention him with Jimmy Hayes. I look at him as an option who could calm down the 2nd line allowing the kids to develop in the 3rd line.

Saad could be had for 3 Cup runs though.

But my expectations for Sweeney going and getting a Saad type are low with his history. It's going to be more like a past his prime rental.

I just think the history doesn't point to the present always. His big batch of kids is a year older. The vets are a year older. The inputs that lead Sweeney to make a choice are different. Its obvious with Tavares and Kovi that they WANT to make a big splash. But this "big deal" is a big big big deal for Sweeney. He knows it. Neely knows it. They all know it. If Sweeney cashes in his chips on the wrong deal... and us fans would have cashed in on the wrong deal 42 times over the last couple years...he knows it really effs up the re-tool. They have to do it right.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I just think the history doesn't point to the present always. His big batch of kids is a year older. The vets are a year older. The inputs that lead Sweeney to make a choice are different. Its obvious with Tavares and Kovi that they WANT to make a big splash. But this "big deal" is a big big big deal for Sweeney. He knows it. Neely knows it. They all know it. If Sweeney cashes in his chips on the wrong deal... and us fans would have cashed in on the wrong deal 42 times over the last couple years...he knows it really effs up the re-tool. They have to do it right.

I hope he does something, but it's just something I've gotten used to by now. Have raised my hopes up too many times.

I don't think Saad trade could lead to re-tool, he's not going to cost a core player from the roster. But it is a reason why I keep out of rentals, can't keep giving up value for few month rentals constantly.

Krejci is playing really well right now and 1 key addition could get the midd6 click, it's a lot easier for the kids to create a good 3rd line than see one of them step up and bring consistency to the 2nd line.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not sold on the idea that Sweeney is "trying to do something big" because he tried to sign Tavares and Kovy. Sweeney likes his picks and prospects. I think free agency appeals to him because it allows him to add something for nothing.

There's a big difference between signing Tavares and trading for Tarasenko.

If his waiting for quality UFA's we may be waiting for awhile.

They are full of future anchor contracts but rarely do players like Tavares get into that point.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Krug is the modern day defenceman. Gryz is right there.

If we are to add that special piece, I feel it is Krug that needs to go for 2 reasons.

1. His price tag. In order to add we need to subtract.
2. Gryz is Charlie’s best friend. I think this is a factor. He shouldn’t be McAvoys permanent partner but teammate- yes. 3rd pairing power play defenceman. Exactly what Krug is.

Reactions: Silva

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Still find it great we have 3 roster players that played on the same NCAA team. McAvoy, Gryz and JFK.

I can understand Sweeney’s hesitation with trading if he has one right now. Especially if he hasn’t gone through talks with McAvoy, Carlo, Donato, Heinen and JFK. We at least have another year before DeBrusk, Gryz and Lauzon. We are getting relatively no relief next year either (assuming another 1yr contract for Chara) but fortunately the cap is going up. I can see Donato, Heinen and JFK getting small bridge contracts. But I’d imagine our trade options right now need to be as close to cap neutral as possible?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
We have never seen this team healthy. The mobility of this teams blue line is a big part of this offense. Now that they are healthy again (and starting to dominate the shot totals mind you) the forwards are out. Is what it is. They DO need more help up front, but do you really think if this team can't make the playoffs if you wait a little longer its worth investing in?

How do you figure we never saw this team healthy?The scoring woes have been there since opening nite pounding by Caps.The injuries came during this season to date but this group started out healthy.And do not get your last part about investing being worth it.They are in a playoff spot now but setup to face one of them top 2 powerhouses.It will be over quick they do not add some firepower.Just my opinion.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
How do you figure we never saw this team healthy?The scoring woes have been there since opening nite pounding by Caps.The injuries came during this season to date but this group started out healthy.And do not get your last part about investing being worth it.They are in a playoff spot now but setup to face one of them top 2 powerhouses.It will be over quick they do not add some firepower.Just my opinion.
You do realize that Krug did not play in that game. So they haven't sent a full lineup this season.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Krug is the modern day defenceman. Gryz is right there.

If we are to add that special piece, I feel it is Krug that needs to go for 2 reasons.

1. His price tag. In order to add we need to subtract.
2. Gryz is Charlie’s best friend. I think this is a factor. He shouldn’t be McAvoys permanent partner but teammate- yes. 3rd pairing power play defenceman. Exactly what Krug is.

Him being Charlie’s BFF shouldn’t play into it, but age, contract, control when the current deal is done...those are all reasons why teams who are selling will want Grizz instead of Krug.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I would prefer to trade Krug than Gryz, and I like Krug a lot. McAvoy has been putting up some points since his return and looks like the player we all thought he'd turn out to be so I think he can slot in as that #1 PP QB for us.
Chara-McAvoy
Moore-Carlo
Gryz-Miller
Kampfer

I thought we needed a 3C but the way that JFK and Backes are both playing right now, I'd be fine leaving JFK there for the short term with the back up plan to insert Backes if needed. We do however need a 2RW and thats where we dangle Krug I think.

I would leave Krejci with Marshy and Pasta
try Debrusk-Bergy-(Krug trade)
Donato-JFK-Heinen
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Backes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad