Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal IX- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I think if you add a LEGIT top 6 winger. Someone between Saad and Tarasenko. You are then in the same class as the real contenders if healthy. The D is Cup caliber. The top line is Cup caliber. Rask/Halak is Cup caliber. The middle six just isn't.

The Heinen/JFK/Donato line looks like they could continue to grow into being useful enough.

But even if the kids line works out, they need a big add up front to turn their top 6 into an advantage over other teams. Right now, even healthy, the big hole on the 2nd line negates a lot of the advantage the top line gives you.

I don't think you give up on the season because you are lacking scoring in the middle six. You work on solving the problem. Middle six scoring might be the EASIEST problem to fix compared to lacking top 4 D or 1st liners or a good goalie. This team isn't "rental" good. But its certainly "give up some future assets that might hurt for someone with term" good.
Fair enough!

If they add 2 guys though, say a 2nd line RW and a 3c aren’t you losing at least 1, maybe 2 of those 3 on the 3rd line now?

Especially if Sweeney doesn’t want to part with a first rounder. He’ll be moving several bodies out the door I would think

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Grzelcyk is one of the most underrated players in the game

Bruins fans don’t realize how highly he’s perceived

He’s cheap as well

But he’s the Man~ he’s the glue and a lot of these younger players look to him as crazy as it sounds

I DO NOT trade Grzelcyk for Saad
Dan, who would you trade, if anyone?

do you really believe this team is good to go without replacing Riley or Rick?

I like pretty much all the guys in our system but surely some of them are expendable.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Grzelcyk is one of the most underrated players in the game

Bruins fans don’t realize how highly he’s perceived

He’s cheap as well

But he’s the Man~ he’s the glue and a lot of these younger players look to him as crazy as it sounds

I DO NOT trade Grzelcyk for Saad
This is beautifully said, I could see him wearing the C at some point if he stays in Boston long enough. I really hope he doesn't get traded away because he is such a good asset and we have so many good up and coming D to take over the spot, I think his place is in Boston for the long haul.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Better goaltending get healthy, then acquire someone that can put the f******* puck in the net besides, bergy, pasta, marchy.. pretty simple stuff ‍♂️

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Ha ha I stole it - was told to me and I liked it and am passing on

Grzelcyk is likely the leader of the Kid Pack that includes his BU teammates, DeBrusk, Pastrnak, Carlo, Wagner etc....

You take him out like coming home st night and no dog there at the door and that’s one of worst feelings ever
McAvoy sometimes tries to do too much, usually it's when he's coming back from an injury (right now is one of those stretches IMO). One thing I like about Grizz is that he's very steady & safe. He helps keep McAvoy grounded similar to how Chara does.

I could see Grizz being the Sweeney to McAvoy's Bourque.

Reactions: PB37

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
McAvoy sometimes tries to do too much, usually it's when he's coming back from an injury (right now is one of those stretches IMO). One thing I like about Grizz is that he's very steady & safe. He helps keep McAvoy grounded similar to how Chara does.

I could see Grizz being the Sweeney to McAvoy's Bourque.
Me too as long as he’s here.

If Grzelcyk wore a Zboril Jersey from day 1 he would be considered a future top pair

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Me too as long as he’s here.

If Grzelcyk wore a Zboril Jersey from day 1 he would be considered a future top pair

The way he shakes off guys with tight turns is great. What I don't understand sometimes is the lack of intensity in his own zone. Buffalo's game-winner yesterday was infuriating. That said, I agree with your point, he's legit.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
If Patrick Berglund gets terminated the Bruins should be all over him for 3C.

Over the last two years he’s averaged over 34+ points, above 50% at the dot, over 100 hits and is 6’4”

That’s literally everything this board has been clamoring for...and if you can get that for just money that’s a huge win.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If Patrick Berglund gets terminated the Bruins should be all over him for 3C.

Over the last two years he’s averaged over 34+ points, above 50% at the dot, over 100 hits and is 6’4”

That’s literally everything this board has been clamoring for...and if you can get that for just money that’s a huge win.
Yep cheap and almost free. Get him Donny we keep our prospects and most we lose a 4th round pick.

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The way he shakes off guys with tight turns is great. What I don't understand sometimes is the lack of intensity in his own zone. Buffalo's game-winner yesterday was infuriating. That said, I agree with your point, he's legit.
I’m a big fan and thought he’s got a cute under-the-radar effective game (You know me I’m not always rationale when it comes to players I like) but the information I get is the scouts are big fans of his game, leadership, character, and contract.

Teams are asking about him big time so this is s tough one for me.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure he’s the guy Chicago would want to offset the contracts of Keith or Seabrooke for a few years

Reactions: Strafer

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Fair enough!

If they add 2 guys though, say a 2nd line RW and a 3c aren’t you losing at least 1, maybe 2 of those 3 on the 3rd line now?

Especially if Sweeney doesn’t want to part with a first rounder. He’ll be moving several bodies out the door I would think

I mean you look to deal from the surplus on D or the kids right? I think we all know this. And from there you just try to figure out if any current roster sacrifices are worth it. That hard part is we have no idea how much the specific teams out there value our guys. Do they think Gryz can be a undersized #2 like Spurgeon? Or do they think he is a puck moving bottom pairing guy? I think a smart person could make an argument for either one.

Reactions: FanSince72

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What is the general consensus here for this season?

Sell the farm? Go all in? Gives Bergeron/Krejci/Chara one last real shot at a cup? I’d imagine they’d have to move Krug to being in 2 impact guys in that case.

Or be patient? Accept this year is a wash and hope for next year. Might not have Chara back.

Seems awful split down the fan base. Was just curious.

Personally I’m lukewarm on their chances even with help. Tampa, Nashville, Winnipeg, Washington......those guys have played together a long time. Establishing that type of a cohesive unit would be tough to attain for any team only playing together for half a year.

No rentals.

Time for potential longterm options, Coyle/Saad top6 addition.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Doesn't Coyle just seem like the kind of guy the locals turn on? Local guy. Looks the part. Plays too much like a good Jimmy Hayes instead of a wanna be Cam Neely.

I don't know, a good Jimmy Hayes, the one in Florida that scored 17 and 19 in consecutive seasons, would still be on the team. If Coyle could come in and do that as a 3rd line guy and maybe 2nd PP unit, that would be fine. I wouldn't give up a lot for the guy though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Doesn't Coyle just seem like the kind of guy the locals turn on? Local guy. Looks the part. Plays too much like a good Jimmy Hayes instead of a wanna be Cam Neely.

I wouldn't dare to mention him with Jimmy Hayes. I look at him as an option who could calm down the 2nd line allowing the kids to develop in the 3rd line.

Saad could be had for 3 Cup runs though.

But my expectations for Sweeney going and getting a Saad type are low with his history. It's going to be more like a past his prime rental.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I mean you look to deal from the surplus on D or the kids right? I think we all know this. And from there you just try to figure out if any current roster sacrifices are worth it. That hard part is we have no idea how much the specific teams out there value our guys. Do they think Gryz can be a undersized #2 like Spurgeon? Or do they think he is a puck moving bottom pairing guy? I think a smart person could make an argument for either one.
Ya I have no idea any of their kids values.

Especially as outside of Debrusknthey have all struggled to either maintain their scoring output (Heinen) or establish themselves as everyday regulars (Bjork, Donato, Etc).

Grizz is intriguing. A team like Chicago (Toronto as well but that won’t happen) need guys like him who are cost controlled and serviceable. No clue what that’s actually worth marketwise though.

Then the question is if moving out 3 or 4 of them is worth it this season. Tough to know.

I’m with DKH on waiting until the new year. Only difference at that point is I want them to pick a street. Either stand pat and let the kids play and start moving the fan favorites.

Or get Sweeney’s arse in the cold water and go all in. I can live with sucking for 2 or 3 years if a gm fires his shot.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
For a signed Stone that gets done from the Bruins side in a heart beat, to much for a rental 60 Point winger

would you rather give up a 1st instead of one of the prospects?

there should be no reason to also let Stone walk after this season.... He would be a very good Bruin. Tough and skilled. Would fit that 2nd line RW like a glove aka just what the doctor ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad